Hi all new to MF! Day 5

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi all new to MF! Day 5

Postby JeweloftheNile » September 7th, 2004, 3:44 pm

Hi All,

I just started MF last Friday before the holiday weekend. I felt pretty good and I am doing the 5/1. I even walked an hour on Sat/Sun. Y-day I was home all day and didnt get all my shakes in. I definitely felt the difference in that I was STARVING and ate more protein than I should have. I am diligently staying on schedule today.

Thank you all for posting your experiences.

I am waiting on my sample shipment to try the other foods as right now I only have the shakes and LG meals.

JOTN,
9/3/04
229/223/144
JeweloftheNile

Postby DutchChoc » September 7th, 2004, 4:18 pm

Welcome, JotN! You're a rare one to start before a holiday weekend, you are!! I'd say that means that you're rather serious about getting where you want to go, and I hope that you do. This forum will be here for you anytime you'd like to "talk"... We're all for new friends & helping one another. Keep it up!!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Nancy » September 7th, 2004, 7:36 pm

Dear Jewelofthe Nile ~

Welcome!

We are thrilled that you have taken control of your health and are joining us on our journey to Thinsville.

So :D happy that you have already experienced success.

Just remember to cut your exercise in half...the first three weeks of Medifasting are weeks where your body needs to adjust to getting the energy it needs by choosing the fat that is in storage and sometimes it takes a while for the body to figure that out. Take it real easy and don't over-do it. No meal skipping either. It does not speed up the weight loss to exercise too much or to skip meals - quite the contrary... :|
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Thanks for the encouragement!

Postby Jewel of the Nile » September 9th, 2004, 8:35 am

I decided to start on a holiday weekend because if I was too tired I had 3 days off from work to just lay around the house. I actually did go to a family outing and there was lots of food, but I took a skewer of shrimp and some spinach and ate that.

I had started my diet and excercise plan last month, so MF was an easier transition for me.

I received my Sample Pack y-day and this morning I tried the O-R bar. That is one of the best bars I have ever had! No Wonder they come with a warning! LOL I was disappointed though that there were no sample crackers.

I will need to place an order in the next couple of days.

Thanks Again
JOTN
Jewel of the Nile

Postby Lois » September 9th, 2004, 9:26 am

Hello, and welcome to the family 8)

hugs,

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 9th, 2004, 10:35 am

Nice to meet you and welcome! :wave:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Guest » September 11th, 2004, 9:56 am

Jewel ~

The sample packs are limited and some things that you get you may not want or need.

The crackers are good - be forewarned: they are TEENY little crackers - about the size of a Cheez-It and there is NO cheese flavor whatsoever. There are about 10 - 12 crackers in a little packet and you may have only ONE packet per day. They are great crushed up and stirred into the chili or soups or can be used as croutons on a salad or used to dip into chili bean dip (see the Lean Cuisine).

The Vegetable flavor is good but I prefer the Multi-grain crackers.

Thanks for the welcomes!!

Postby Jewel of the Nile » September 14th, 2004, 11:25 am

I did enjoy the sample pack though! Everything was very good even the diabetic items! The only thing I cant use right now are the TSFL Drinks because they are much higher in cals.

I placed my order last Friday and I have enough to last me until I get that. I ordered the choc.lovers 28 day supply and a bunch of the RTD Vanilla, which are pretty good and great to take along.

I dont leave out the door without packing bottled water, celery and no cal dressing, shake packets, ice, and RTD in my little cooler bag. I keep it in the car and I can run all my errands and not get hungry.

I really like the program, and have been sticking to it pretty well. I weigh and measure officially every tuesday and I did notice Aunt Flo is about 2 weeks early so this week I am only down 1 pound, but I lost 13/4" total this week so Im happy with that.

Thanks Again Everyone
JOTN
9/3/04
229/222/140
Jewel of the Nile

Postby Nancy » September 14th, 2004, 11:51 am

Jewel of the Nile ~

Sorry about my previous posting up there that says, 'Guest.' It was me. I was on my laptop for several days :puter: 'putering from under the sheets and I guess I failed tolog on...anyhoo...re: the Take Shape Shakes. They are higher in calories but you could mix one up and drink half for one meal and save the rest until the next meal. They are thick, rich and smooth. That way you don't have to save them for a long time and can enjoy them now. :chef:

Jewel, isn't that Oameal Raisin Bar awesome??
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby shineface » September 15th, 2004, 4:24 pm

Hi Jewels--

Welcome aboard -- I am so glad you are here - keep it clean girlfriend because one little slip and I don't know why --- sent me into a three month Maintainance MODE -----not good when I still need to lose 75 lbs!!!!

I'm back almost thru day 2 of getting strict again and when I make it to day 4 - I KNOW I'll be OK --- thanks for sharing!!!!~

:stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Received my first order!!

Postby JeweloftheNile » September 15th, 2004, 7:44 pm

It was like Christmas!! I am so excited! I started out with 6 boxes of Swiss Mocha and the Sample Pack 2 weeks ago, just to see if I liked it. I didnt really commit to the program you could say. LOL

Well after the first couple of days I knew this was for me, and that I could do it! I have had supplements made of soy before,(spit Scan-Diet spit :puke: ) so I was very surprised at how good everything tasted! I am glad I purchased the SP first because that gave me the confidence to order the 28 day supply.

Just seeing those boxes on my porch this evening gave me renewed energy, as I was a little worried about running out and was thinking of a contingency plan. I ordered last Friday after the ship cutoff time, but everything came today!

Im down 10 pounds since 9/3/04!

Thanks everyone and thanks Nancy for the tip on using the TSFL shakes. I will do just that!
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby JeweloftheNile » September 15th, 2004, 7:50 pm

Shineface,
I was just looking at your stats! That is awesome! Looks like we have a similar goal weight, so let's keep in touch!

Jewel
JOTN
9/3/04
229/207/144-148

1st Goal 209 Oct 26 2004
2nd Goal 199
3rd Goal 179
4th Goal 165
5th Goal 158
6th Goal 148
Goal 144-148 maintained.
JeweloftheNile
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2004, 8:44 pm

JotN ~

Whee! I am thrilled for you! Your success says it all: Medifast works!

Shiney ~ Happy that you are back on track. Day three and four will have it solidified for you.

Together you ladies will get to your goal. Were countin' on ya now!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

STARTING IN FIRST GEAR...

Postby Guest » September 16th, 2004, 4:43 am

HEY EVERYONE,

THIS IS JEWELS FROM NJ. I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THE FORUM FOR QUITE A WHILE BECAUSE OF PERSONAL ISSUES. UNFORTUNATELY, I ALSO ABANDONED THE 5/1 PLAN AND ONLY AVERAGED ABOUT 2MF'S A DAY.

HOWEVER, I'M GLAD TO REPORT AND ADDITIONAL 9LB WEIGHT LOSS!! :D LAST TIME I WAS ON THE FORUM I WEIGHED 182, TDY I WEIGH 173.

THE REASON I'M BACK IS THAT I WENT FOR A COSMETIC CONSULTATION TO INQUIRE ABOUT A TUMMY TUCK AND LIPOSUCTION. AS THE SURGEON TOOK HIS FIRST LOOK HE SAID, "WOW" YOU
RECENTLY LOST WEIGHT. I CAN TELL YOU USE TO BE A BIG GIRL!
I DIDN'T REALLY KNOW HOW TO TAKE HIS COMMENTS.... WAS IT A PRAISE REPORT OR WAS HE ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED BY THE CONDITION OF MY BODY?

TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT... HE REFUSED TO DO LIPOSUCTION OR THE TUMMY TUCK. HE TOLD ME TO CONTINUE ON THE DIET TO LOSE AN ADDITIONAL 20LBS AND THEN COME BACK. HE SAID THAT I MAY FIND THAT I DON'T NEED THE LIPOSUCTION AND MAY NOT NEED THE TUMMY TUCK DEPENDING ON WHAT MY SKIN DOES AFTER THE WEIGHT LOSS.

SO, I'M BACK ON THE 5/1 PLAN FOR DIABETICS. I THANK GOD FOR MEDIFAST SO FAR THIS YEAR I HAVE LOST 27LBS. AS I REFLECT ON HOW I DID IT I REALIZE THAT IT WAS A CHALLENGE BUT NOT DIFFICULT.

JEWELS

Postby Jeanette » September 16th, 2004, 6:43 am

HI Jewels--

Congrats on your loss! I agree with the doc--lose the extra pounds first. I would even go one better and wait six months to a year before considering that type of surgery. It will give your skin a chance to go back on its own more first.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Next

Return to Come on in.