Hi all new to MF! Day 5

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby Nancy » September 16th, 2004, 7:54 am

Jewels ~

Welcome Home, Little Darlin' we've been missing you.

I agree with your doc - first you need to get to your goal weight - go all the way to goal before you even think of messing around surgically. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and it is amazing! Think about how it grows as babies and children grow. Think about how is expands as grownups expand. :shock: Gulp! Trust me, my skin expanded a LOT when I weighed 265 pounds in January of 2002. :oops:

I lost a considerable amount of weight and I am amazed at how my skin tightened up. I wouldn't say that I have good genes either - my little Mama and my Grannies and Aunties were raisins...Now I doubt that I would turn down a free extreme make-over job(!) but all in all, I am fairly happy with my bod - and I will be 56 next month.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2004, 7:07 am

HEY GUYS,

THANKS FOR THE WARM WELCOME BACK AND ENCOURAGEMENT. I AM WAITING TO SEE WHAT MY BODY DOES IN RESPONSE TO MF AND WEIGHT LOSS. WHILE WAITING, I ORDERED MYSELF A TREADMILL...WHICH COSTS A LOT LESS THAN PLASTIC SURGERY!!!

I'M EXCITED!! I CAN'T WAIT TO START MY EXERCISE PROGRAM...SLOWLY :roll:

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!

LOVE,
JEWELS

Postby DutchChoc » September 22nd, 2004, 7:59 am

That's pretty neat about him apparently thinking you can do a lot doing what you're doing -- and saving you the money, too!!

I've been giving some thought to aspects of that but in a different sense -- would really love it if those darn fat cells could be destroyed or vacumed out when they're empty. No telling how much space they take up, you know? Or how available they are for refilling.

Once heard a rather spooky tale - could be an urban legend - about how if they remove the fat/fat cells, the fat comes back or can come back in very odd places. Don't know if it's true or not.

Yeah, you!!
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Guest » September 24th, 2004, 7:01 am

Hey DutchChoc,

Funny you should mention that. My younger sister had alot of liposuction, as well as a tummy tuck. After having her abdomen, hips, arms, thighs, buttocks and neck liposuctioned, she had problems with her bras not fitting. Then her shirts seemed to be shrinking in the wash. Eventually once she had to buy bigger shirts and bras she called her plastic surgeon, who informed her that new vuluptuous breast were do to the residual fat cells increasing in size. She had a fit and subsequently had a breast reduction. So, yes it does happen.

Keep the faith,
Jewels

Previous

Return to Come on in.