Airplane

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Airplane

Postby lauradr » October 16th, 2005, 9:08 am

Help! I will be on a plan a lot for next 2 weeks is there any advise to help me? This next 2 weeks will be hard I have a meeting in Tempe AZ and then I have a sales meeting in SC the next week and all the good food :x every where If i can make it trew this I can make threw any thing. Help!! I will have my lap top
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » October 16th, 2005, 9:26 am

Laura....... :D .....focus on your goal.........write down your reasons for doing this and attach them to your laptop or wherever you need so they can be in front of you....... :weightlift: .....Be Strong...... :goodluck: ......You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Guest » October 16th, 2005, 9:44 am

Laura-

Make a plan - be extra prepared with your supplies and work on timing them so you aren't hungry -- if you need to have an extra pack to keep you away from non MF -- go for it. Pretend you are a BoyScout and always be preparee.

If any of these people you are going to be around are friends, then let them know how important this is to you and ask for their assistance. The food isn't that good and guess what......it will always be there so why not get to goal and then see what it tastes like -- "they" say that absense makes the heart grow founder --- overlook the temptations now and see if they are as good or better when you get to where you want to be...

I like Donna's idea about posting your reasons everywhere. Write notes and inspirations to yourself to read while you are away and well, if you have internet access, lean on us --- YOU SO CAN DO THIS -- think of it as pre-holiday testing!

Take care and be safe.

Postby Nancy » October 17th, 2005, 8:57 am

Lauradr ~

I am on the road frequently, too and if it weren't for my Medifast packets, I'd be on the floor! The packets are perfect for busy people!

You do it the same as if you were at home or in your office.

I love the Ready To Drinks for traveling - they fit into my briefcase and I can slip one out and sip away anywhere, any time - same with a bar.

Most all business luncheons have salads available - just be sure to have some protein with the salad. Cottage cheese will work in a pinch - just a small amount - about 3/4 - 1 cup. Or hard boiled egg.

I often ask the concierge at a hotel if the rooms have microwaves or if one is available for hotel guests - most hotels will bring one to your room to use during your stay. Some have a microwave in the breakfast area. I make Chicken Noodle or Chicken with Wild Rice Soup in the coffee pot - Nope, I don't run it through the basket! I cook it in the pot on the coffee burner! I take Chai Latte or Cappucino with me - most every place has hot water available - it is not the best made that way ut it will work in a pinch and if you like it, the Cranberry Mango Tea mixes rather instantly with hot water and I like it hot as well as icy cold.

It's easy to have a shake on the plane- ask for some ice water and shake away. Use the sink in the BR to rinse your jar.

You do not have to tell people you are on a diet and turn the whole conversation in your direction and then have to explain everything. You do not have to explain anything unless you choose to do so.

Just tell folks that you are choosing nutritional intervention over drugs, shots and medical procedures to manage your health - IF you choose to tell them anything at all. I don't know why women seem to feel they must give a reason for eating a meal bar or drinking their vitamins - I never heard a man tell me that the reason he was eating a donut was to spike his blood sugar or the reason he was eating a piece of chicken fingers and French fries was because he wanted to clog his arteries!

Have a great time on your trip. You look good. You have energy. You have confidence!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby KeleeGrl » October 17th, 2005, 10:14 am

I know when I went to my mother's in S. Carolina over the summer by plane I made sure to have a shake before I went on the plane and then when I arrived at the airport (1 of 2 stops) I would have another shake then....the timing was pretty accurate (2-3 hours), of course, this would depend on where you are going, but it worked out great. The bar is a savior too, which is very easy.
Kelli
Re-re-restarted MF: 3/10/08

KeleeGrl
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby lauradr » October 20th, 2005, 7:30 pm

Just a fast update about the first meeting ! I arrived at the first meeting the place was full of food including CRISPY CREAM!! But I had a cup of coffee and a bar :cleader: :cleader: . more food for lunch I had soup and dinner was a spread of Mexican Food :x The only thing I could have was a saled and chicken meat but that was what I had :D i had a long day about 12 hours i did reward myself with extra soup :D Bring on the next meeting I am off to the SC where I know the food be hard to pass in the south. I am not going to cave :x I can do it!!
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby dlr2424 » October 20th, 2005, 7:43 pm

........ :bouncie: ......YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!...... :coach: ...just remember....... :secret: ...... you have special Medifast powers to overcome any food cravings.......... :whistle: .......and Southern Food...... :scratch: ......heck that can't compare to our delicious Medimeals....... :D ......so your right...... :coach: .....S.C. BRING IT ON..... :burnout: ...you will fly right thru and report 100% compliancy to all of us..... :angel: .....I have faith in you....... :hmmm: .......and besides that Southern food sticks to your butt like glue..... :huh: ....who wants that

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby lauransmom » October 21st, 2005, 3:48 am

Thank You Donna!! you are such a great help
318/306/159

lauransmom
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » October 24th, 2005, 10:57 pm

Oh, man! Krispe Kremes are deadly...you saved your heart today when you passed by the KK! You rock!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to The Weight Room