I'm Ba-a-a-ack!

Meet Terry and Nancy.

I'm Ba-a-a-ack!

Postby Nancy » January 7th, 2004, 9:32 pm

Hi, Friends ~

So sorry that I haven’t written in the Forum for a long time. As you know, my Daddy had a massive heart attack on Nov. 13th and our life has changed radically. My parents live in Portland, Oregon. Terry and I live in Vancouver, WA – about twelve miles from my parents, across the Columbia River that separates Oregon from Washington State.

My father was in Cardiac Intensive Care for five weeks in a Portland hospital, and then spent a week in the cardiac recovery wing. From there he went to a rehab center. At 3:30 am CHRISTmas Day, he went to the hospital with congestive heart failure and after four days returned to the rehab center. Gradually, he is improving. He is still on oxygen, is extremely weak but he's coming back! I really truly pock-a-dooly appreciate your prayers and concern for me and for my family. You are the best! :angel:

My Mom is afraid to stay alone at night so my brother or I stay with her at night. As the Lord would work things out, my brother has been available most often to stay with Mom but when he must return to his home on the Oregon coast, I stay at Mom’s.

My great husband and friend Terry Pettit takes Mom frequently to her appointments and to see Daddy when my brother is unavailable. Between my job at the college, our pastoral ministry and attending to the needs of my parents, we are busy kiddos! So thankful for Medifast – it sustains us and provides the necessary nutrition that busy folks need. I have a bar or a shake in the car as I bip along the freeways in Buzz, my Beetle Bug. ;-) :drive:

Now we are faced with a major snow and ice storm here in the northwest. I know, I know…you east coasters and mid-western folks must think we are pansies out west here, and you are most likely correct, but Pacific Northwest people just are not used to snow or ice. We had about four inches of snow on New Year’s Day that stopped everyone from shopping that day. We got a bit of ice on top of that. Then early Tuesday morning (Jan. 6th, 2004) we got six inches of snow and yesterday, it began to rain…we have two inches of ice covering the snow. The temps have been in the upper teens or low twenties for about a week and the east winds have kept the wind chill to about zero. We have been eating Hearty Oatmeal and Homestyle Chili to keep warm and healthy!

Our entire yard and neighborhood looks like a glass fairyland. We can hardly remain upright walking from the backdoor to the birdfeeder…We are experiencing what we call a “Silver Thaw.” We have five huge cedar trees in our yard, a David Douglas fir and a windmill palm. The fronds of the palm are currently touching the ground. Dave is dropping branches on our yard due to the weightof the ice encrusted branches. We were startled awake at 4 am when a HUGE Kablam sounded as a branch struck our roof and thunked into the yard by our breakfast nook window. :roll:

The fish in our pond are laying low and the squirrels and birds are flitting about tanking up on whatever they can scrounge. I wish I had Medifast birdseed and Medifast sunflower seeds for the critters! We have a lot of squirrels and birds that regularly dine here. Just think… I could create a tasty, high energy, easy to consume healthy soy protein based product for the flocks of birds and groups of squirrels and call it Fedimass! Hah! :tongue:

Schools have been closed for two days here – including the college where I work. Hooray! Since my brother is at my Mom’s this week, I am catching up on laundry, housework, correspondence, etc. I will do my best to get caught up on the Forum in the next few days. I have a LOT of reading to do. I just want to thank all of you for filling in for me while I have been away. You have all been in my thoughts and prayers. I know that you have helped one another and I appreciate that so much. Losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight is dependent upon an accountability relationship and YOU help to make this work! Good job, MakeMeThinner Members! :goteam: I love ya madly and forever! nanc :heart:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

You have been missed.

Postby Maggie » January 7th, 2004, 10:27 pm

Nancy....I want you to know that I did miss you but I understand your absence. I and my sisters spent four years caring for my Mother after a paralizing stroke. Life as we knew it came to a standstill. We three sisters were on a 24 hour rotating schedule. One sister lived in another state and one sister had a job. That left me with the majority of the responsibility but my Mom was worth it. It was a stressful time but I don't regret one minute that I spent away from my home to let my Mother stay in hers. Cherish this time that you get to spend with your Dad and your Mom. It is time spent with them that under other circumstances you would have been too busy to visit with them. God works in mysterious ways. In four years time, Mom told us many stories of her childhood that we had never heard before. We studied our family tree. We read the newspaper from cover to cover every day. If she had not had the stroke, I might have been 'too busy". When she died I had no regrets because I did every thing in my power to make her last years comfortable and happy.

Mom taught me a very good lesson that I will remember the rest of my life. My Mom loved to quilt and had saved scrap pieces of fabric for years. She had boxes of it, in the closet, under the bed, stacked on the table. One day as I was trying to clean up and get rid of some of the clutter I told her that I was going to throw all those scraps in the trash.
I could see the distress on her face. I said, "Mom, you know that you are never going to be able to piece another quilt." To my surprise she said. "I know that I might not ever get a chance to quilt again, but I have plans to. It gives me something to look forward to." From that day on we discussed quilt patterns and planned what quilt she would do first. It taught me a valuable lesson. Even after she passed away, it was hard to get rid of the scrap pieces. Well, I ramble too much.

So, you go do what you have to do. We miss you but we'll try to hold down the fort while you take care of your precious Daddy and Mom. Maggie
Maggie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Jeanette » January 8th, 2004, 4:12 am

Welcome back! I am writing from a otel room in Chicago where I am on business. We realy miss you around here!

I am down 35 pounds!And the cool thing: hubby is now on the program!

Will write more later!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Welcome back...

Postby explorthis » January 8th, 2004, 7:16 am

Nancy.. Great to hear your back, and well... I have been asking about you, just ask Tim...

Look forward to your wisdom and Medifast answers for us, we missed you.

-Mike

337/243/220-230ish
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

re: your warm welcome

Postby Nancy » January 8th, 2004, 11:47 am

Maggie, Jeanette, Mike _

Thanks for your welcome. It feels good to be back today. We are still iced in here in Vancouver, WA. The icicles are beginning to drip and we see that the ice on our back porch step is lifting away from the bricks. Yeah!

Since I knew last night that the college would remain closed again today, we slept late. It felt kinda good to stay under the down-filled quilt and peek out into the bright back yard.

The news on the television reported many people without power due to downed trees. We feel blessed to have heat and lights AND all three computers operating this morning. :)

I’m sipping on a Dutch Choc shake with a water chaser as I write to you this day. Imagine! Chatting with health-conscious people in Chicago/Indiana, San Bernardino, Kentucky – what a country, eh?!

I am so proud of all of you, that is, what’s left of you! You are terrific people and you are using the best product at the best time of your lives. Some day I want to meet each of you in person and hug ya up! ;) Keep on goin’ for the goal.

~ Slurpin’, shakin’ and slidin’ in the NW ~
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby susan » January 9th, 2004, 8:53 pm

nancy, you are the best and I sure have missed you.so glad you are back. I am doing ok and my cousin Carol wisley called tonight and she is gonna call terry about ordering oh by the way Terry said something about 25.oo free for getting some one else to order is that right or do I have it wrong.
susan .231/196/125
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 9th, 2004, 11:44 pm

Hi Susan,
Good to see you again. I'll answer this one for you. Yes, we do credit anyone that refers someone to us. Have them mention your name when they call or email us, or call or email us yourself and give us their name and we'll either credit your account, or if you want, send you 25$ of your fav product.
All the best,
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » January 10th, 2004, 12:16 am

Howdy Doody, Susan ~

Why, thank you Little Darlin' for missing me. I missed my Medifast Family, too.

Ooh, we really truly pock-a-dooly love :heart: :heart: those referrals! We want to bless you for sending them to us. Here’s how it works:

1.) Have your cousin (or your other friends and relatives) call Terry on our toll free number at 1-800-621-1927 so he can help her register on www.MakeMeThinner.com

Then he will also assist her/them in selecting the right products to meet her/their particular health needs.

Terry will be able to give her/them a $25 Medifast discount for her/their very first order. This discount may be given only at the time the very first order is placed so it is vital to call Terry first!

2.) When your cousin/friend/relative actually place their one month order, Terry does indeedy doo pass on a $25 savings on to you for your next order.

Just give Terry a call when you place your next order so that you are sure to get the discount Medifast products.

Gosh, that’s practically like getting two of your favorite Medifast products for free, Susan! Woo Hoo! Don’tcha just :heart: love :heart: it! Those Free Medifast shakes taste mighty good goin’ down!

Isn’t that so cool – you get skinnier and healthier, your cousin gets healthier AND you save some $ all at the same time. That’s what I call true value!

xxxooo
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

I am new

Postby Sheri » January 11th, 2004, 10:21 pm

Hi Everyone - Nancy as I read through all of the notes I had no idea of the health challenges in your family and yet you still took the time to write me 2 of the most wonderful notes. Thanks so much. I spoke with Terry tonite and hope to receive my first order later this week. I am affirming this will be the last "d" word I will ever be on. :D

Thanks for help with a positive beginning.

Sheri
(also from snow capped Portland, Oregon!)
Sheri

Postby Nancy » January 12th, 2004, 2:10 am

You are so very welcome.

What? :shock: You're in PDX? :wave: Well, Howdy Neighbor!

We'll have to meet one of these days!

Happy to know that you are beginning a new phase of your life!

DIEting is not easy, if it were, there wouldn't be so many overweight people!

You'll journey together with the others and this is the place to come for support and encouragement. :goteam:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Jeanette » January 12th, 2004, 7:36 am

Wow! I wish I had known I could have received credit for referrals! My hubby and one of his co-workers started Medifast this past week! I did refer them here, so hopefully the Pettits are getting their business anyway!

Oh well...live and learn!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby Unca_Tim » January 12th, 2004, 9:41 am

Hi Jeanette,
Thanks for mentioning us...:)
It's never too late to receive a credit. Just email us the name of your referral and we'll fix you up.

Thanks again,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Referrals...

Postby Nancy » January 12th, 2004, 9:41 pm

Hi, Darlin' ~

Yup, we :heart: LOVE :heart: to reward our folks for those referrals!
No worries, Terry will take good care of you.

Isn't it fun when others notice our success and want it, too?

We could be :twisted: scamps :twisted: and not tell our family and friends but when they see how :boing: energetic we are
and notice how we are shrinking before their very :shock: eyes,
they pry it out of us, eh?

We'll be here :hi5: applauding your husband and his co-worker's success, too!

Medifast works, Folks!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

I am new at all of this

Postby arealjem » March 9th, 2004, 12:04 pm

Hi everyone

I just started yesterday on the diet. I am doing fine so far, not too hungry. Yesterday was worse than today. I had a headache and felt aweful. Today I feel fine. Please pray for me. I am heavier than I have ever been and ever thought I would be. It makes me very sad. I want to lose about 60 lbs and have tried everything!! I really feel this is my last ditch effort in the battle of the buldge.......

I look forward to cahtting with others.....
Jackie :D
arealjem
First Post

Postby Nancy » March 9th, 2004, 7:52 pm

Hey, Jackie - you ARE a real Gem!

We know that those first few days can be killer - we're here for you. Read through the forum and find out about how others made it through those first few days.

Welcome to Medifasting and whole new perspective on eating healthy!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to A Message from your Hosts