5th times a charm? ( hee hee hee)

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

5th times a charm? ( hee hee hee)

Postby kmr » August 31st, 2006, 10:20 am

Hey guys ,
I am going to try the program again. For some reason I can never get past the first week. I tried a couple of months ago, wasn't able to make it past the 1st week again, then tried W.W. and lost 7.2 lbs. my first week and that's with eating out and a bar-B-Q that week! But then thought to myself, I only lost that much because it was my first week (water weight) and I know it will take me along time on that plan to reach my goal so I quit. Even when I'm not on the M.F. program I still love to come to this forum and read how well everyone is doing. It really inspires me. I want to be able to stick with this program because I know the weight will come off consistantly every week. I am very impatient when it comes to losing weight because I hate the way I feel and look since I've gained all the weight, so I'm back again. My sons are back to school and summer is almost over (too many parties and bar-B-Q's in the summer!), so it should be even easier for me now to stick to the plan. I'm afraid of failing AGAIN. The thought of not being able to eat what I want when I want actually scares me. Don't ask me why because I don't know. I will be doing the full fast because I know that any real food will start me out on a full fledge binge so Arklahoma, Alpha Femme, Elizabeth and anyone else that usually does the full fast, I could really use your support and advice from time to time if you guys don't mind. I'm an R.N. and know that right now I am not in a healthy state physically and I know I have to do something about it. I just have to convince my mind! Being overweight doesn't help my mental state either because it does not allow me to be the real me. Instead of being very outgoing, active and happy, it causes me to sometimes be depressed and introverted. I'm so good at diagnosing myself, but I need to learn how to properly treat myself. Thank you all for listening. Keep up the great work.You all are so inspiring to me.
kmr
Preferred member

Postby alohacate » August 31st, 2006, 1:25 pm

Aloha & welcome back!! You can DO THIS - WE can do this together!!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » August 31st, 2006, 6:18 pm

WELCOME BACK!!! Next week, I'm heading back to graduate school so I probably won't be online as much:however, please feel free to post questions for me or pm anytime. I'll help in any way that I can.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby VictoriousNat » August 31st, 2006, 7:29 pm

Good luck as you begin your journey! Hang tough!
Nat
Start 8/24/06
Lost 34lbs and over 30 Inches. Regained 9lbs. Down 4lbs on vacation in Jamaica - yeehaw!
Waiting for Doctor's clearance to restart MF.
VictoriousNat
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby lauradr » September 1st, 2006, 4:16 am

kmr, we can do this!!!Welcome back
I'm not where I wanna be but, thank God I'm not where I use to be!

248/174/150

t: 5'11
lauradr
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 1st, 2006, 5:59 am

Welcome back KMR. I will be here for you to cheer you on too. Have you decided what day you will start? I know alot of people start out with the full fast and then move on to the 5 & 1 after a couple of weeks or a month. You need to figure out what works for you. There are some who do 5 & 1 on weekends and full fast during the week, etc. Have you read the "boundaries" post? It really helps me to know I don't have to be perfect and I can eat if and when I want. It is enough to splurge but stay on track with weight loss and mentally. Set yourself up for success! Keep posting.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby GucciGoo » September 1st, 2006, 6:14 am

Welcome back. I have to get my butt in gear too.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby Elke » September 1st, 2006, 11:23 am

Welcome back
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby cyn » September 1st, 2006, 12:24 pm

I have been a yo yo dieter forever it seems. I start and quit. Now I am so determined to make this the last time. I am going to have success. Why is this time different?? I have no idea it is just something inside me repeating that failing is not an option and this time is MY time! I think that is what it takes to be a big loser. Dont wait to find your willpower just say you are worth it and do it!! There will be stubbling blocks but just dont quit!! Welcome back into the game!!
start 8/26/06

cyn

Return to Come on in.