1st time ordered tonight!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

1st time ordered tonight!!!

Postby momof9403 » April 12th, 2005, 9:18 pm

I talked it over with my husband after work and he gave the okay to order, so I placed my first one w/the great newbie discount. :yes: I want to thank ALL who gave me the wonderful advice and guidance this afternoon. I really hope this works for me :D :D

Thanks
Jennifer
momof9403

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 10:05 pm

Whee!

Now you have three business days to clean out the cupboards and rid the refer and freezer of :twisted: foods.

We raise our shaker jars to your success, Jennifer! :toast:

:stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll::stroll: :stroll: :stroll: We're here for you! :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby ShineGirl » April 12th, 2005, 10:16 pm

Congrats on making the first step to a happier, healthier new you!!! This place is a great place for motivation! Medifast works if you work Medifast! The first three days are the hardest as your body adjusts to the diet....keep your chin up during this time, as the irritability and torture is temporary! Krissie
ShineGirl
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » April 12th, 2005, 10:35 pm

Krissie ~

I see you are doin' a great job, too. We're glad you and Bri are back!

You survived the first three days without any murders in your household, eh?
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby momof9403 » April 13th, 2005, 7:12 am

Thanks for the congrats :thumbup: My husband was considering the program too, until he found out "how you actually lose the weight". He has a very weak stomach (normally) and could never handle all the "expelling" done so rapidly. But me, I stay home so it's okay. I know it won't last too long!!!!
He also is a gym rat and basketball player (time allowed off from work), and I have never excercised a day in my life. I am REALLY lazy when it comes to physical excercise. :oops: However, once this weight is gone, I will be taking the kids to the zoo 3-4 times per week. That will help keep it off.
I had never had a weight issue before kids. I was actually 98lbs when I got pregnant w/my son @19. I kept about 15 lbs (which really helped me look better). Then I met my future husband 4 years later, got pregnant, gained 65 lbs and delivered a daughter, full-term STILLBORN. :shock: :cry: Lost about 20 lbs, one month later got pregnant again with a boy, who I LOST @6 mths along :x . Found out I had developed a medical condition that affects my ONLY when I'm pregnant and my body basically SUCKS all the good red blood cells from my babies. DEPRESSED, I think sooooooooo :( :(
Finally after 3 years, 5 transfusions, 5 spinal blocks, 5 IV's, and DOZENS of ultrasounds I had my precious baby HANNAH. She is now 21 mths and I want to gain control of my life again and weight. My appearence has always affected the way I feel. It's time to take CHARGE :whip:

Thanks again
Jennifer
Started MF 4/19/2005
5 -n- 1 Plan
5'2" 30 yrs old
Weight= 145 lbs
Goal= 125 lbs
momof9403

Postby raederle » April 13th, 2005, 7:23 am

Jennifer, thanks for posting your story. What an awful series of tragedies to go through! I'm amazed at the strength you have not only to have gotten through it in one piece, but to have emerged on the other side with the ability to put it all in perspective and talk about it with such a positive attitude. Thank you! :hug:

Congrats on Hannah, and congrats on starting MF. I'm sure you'll do great (we'll make sure of it together!), and you'll be zipping to the zoo with a spring in your step in no time!

About your hubby, I wonder why he's so put off? I would think that MF is actually very easy on the stomach, and gastrointestinal issues usually only arise when people "cheat" and eat higher-fat, higher-carb foods when their bodies aren't used to it (after being on MF for a while). The weight is lost thru normal body processes, but if anything, people complain of coonstipation on MF, not the reverse! Just wanted to help figure this out, because I'd hate for your hubby to be frightened off by MF because he thinks he'll be in the bathroom all day with tummy cramps. Perhaps when he sees how well you're getting along, he'll join in! After all, traveling to Thinville is more fun when you have a travel partner!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby momof9403 » April 13th, 2005, 7:36 am

Thanks for reading my story. It really has been a LONG 7 years, for everyone in my family. Here's a little timeline of our "tragedies":
1999 Taylor-daughter :cry:
2000 Sean-son :x
2001 -my son's biological father(murdered) :shock: :x :x
2002 -Grandpa(cancer) :cry: :cry: :cry:
2003 -HANNAH :D :D
2004 -my brother(suicide :?: murdered :?: we STILL don't know) :shock: :x :?
It does help to talk about it. I have never stepped foot inside a shrink's office :oops: b/c I TALK and :cry: about it. Not TOO much though, lol :lol:
On to the other subject. I told my hubby to let me be the guinea pig, lol :lol: :lol:

Thanks
Jennifer
Started MF 4/19/2005
5 -n- 1 Plan
5'2" 30 yrs old
Weight= 145 lbs
Goal= 125 lbs
momof9403

Postby raederle » April 13th, 2005, 7:57 am

Yikes! :shock: That *is* quite a seven years you've all had. I'm so glad you can talk about it, and have been talking about it with those who love you-- gosh knows I'm no expert, but I gotta believe that talking about it is an awful lot better than letting it all seethe and fester inside you. You are an even stronger lady than I thought! :bow: Glad to "meet" you...! Here's to seven years of peace, quiet, happiness, and getting & being skinny! :toast:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby momof9403 » April 13th, 2005, 8:07 am

Thanks so much :toast:
Forgot to mention that I just turned 30. :shock: And don't feel it, must be a MIRACLE, huh :lol: :lol:

Jennifer
Started MF 4/19/2005
5 -n- 1 Plan
5'2" 30 yrs old
Weight= 145 lbs
Goal= 125 lbs
momof9403

Postby Nancy » April 13th, 2005, 8:44 am

Jennifer ~

We indeedy doo welcome you to the MMT Forum Family.

It is always interesting to hear new people’s stories. You have been through a lot of difficulties in your young life and remain so :star: positive.

:thumbup: That’s the way to go – keep looking up and enjoy the :angel: blessings of your little Hannah and hunny of a husband. :hug:

Rae, thank you for responding to Jennifer about the BR issues…there are some occupations that do make it a bit of a challenge to frequent the sandbox but after the first few days, the body seems to adjust and the urgency subsides. Somewhat.

:water:
It is a lot easier for guys to whip in there, whiz and whip out – they don’t have thong underdoodies to arrange, fanny hose to wrangle up, a slip to slide down, a skirt to rearrange, a blouse to tuck, blouse buttons to adjust so your bra and belly flab don’t make an exposure, hands to wash, hand lotion to apply, lipstick to refresh and a hairdo to fluff before emerging from the BR. Then we have to do it again in 20 minutes… :puma:

:wink: Yup, those guys have it made all right!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby DonicaB » April 13th, 2005, 8:58 am

Jennifer welcome to the forum. You are obviously a very strong person, but even strong people need encouragment and support. I think you will find both of those things here. Actually I know you will.

I am so sorry you have been through so much. I am often reminded to be thankful for what I have. Sometimes it is hard to focus on the good things in our lives because the bad things just take over. It sounds like you have been blessed with little Hannah and a loving husband. Focus on those things and remember you are not alone. We are here for you. :stroll: :stroll: :stroll:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby momof9403 » April 13th, 2005, 9:04 am

Thanks again for your caring responses.

Jennifer
Started MF 4/19/2005
5 -n- 1 Plan
5'2" 30 yrs old
Weight= 145 lbs
Goal= 125 lbs
momof9403

Postby dlr2424 » April 13th, 2005, 10:33 am

Jennifer......thank you for sharing your story....my heart goes out to you... :heart: ....and I applaud you for taking control of your life....and not allowing your challenges to take contol of you.... :thumbsup: ...Life can be very challenging.... :cry: ...For some more than others...... :huh: ...I stopped asking WHY?....and just trust in God's plan.....He never promised life would be easy...but He did promise He would ALWAYS be there for us....my prayers to you for success on your journey and many blessings from above.... :angel:
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby doglover » April 13th, 2005, 1:53 pm

Jennifer - all I can say is Wow, and good for you for taking control and leading your life with a positive attitude! :hug:

Nancy - do you sit around and think up funny things all night?? You are too cool!
Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to Come on in.