What's for dinner tonight?

Add your favorite recipes.

What's for dinner tonight?

Postby GucciGoo » April 4th, 2007, 8:49 am

I thought I could start a thread to see what you guys have for dinner every night. Can you take a few minutes and fill me in? I am out of dinner ideas that aren't repetitive.
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby nickieluv » April 4th, 2007, 9:27 am

I'm pretty boring myself.

Broccoli, green beans - very occasionally a salad as the G.

L - turkey burgers (my husband does this thing for low-carb where he uses romaine lettuce as the bread - it's really yummy), steak, shrimp, salmon, chicken - just cooked plain, nothing fancy (although with the salmon I do sprinkle on some dill mix and ICBINB spray).

Sorry I can't help much - but there you go, it's a start anyway. :D
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby GucciGoo » April 4th, 2007, 10:24 am

Hmmm. I avoid salad because I would want to gob on tons of Russian dressing.
GucciGoo

Postby pinkbugs471 » April 4th, 2007, 10:33 am

tonight I am having grilled chicken with lemon pepper. My green is zucchini that I use my potato peeler to make very thin. I pop it in the skillet with a little spray so it does not burn. Cook till it is done and top with a couple of T. of the pasta sauce I will use on my familys chicken parm.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby GucciGoo » April 4th, 2007, 10:36 am

Hmmm. And you can eat 1.5 cups of zucchini?
GucciGoo

Postby pinkbugs471 » April 4th, 2007, 10:38 am

not quite, maybe a cup. I figure the rest comes from the pasta sauce.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire

231/168/140
pinkbugs471

Postby GucciGoo » April 4th, 2007, 10:42 am

That is always a problem I have. I will make 1.5 cups of spinach and then start gagging on it. It's hard to eat so many veggies at one sitting.
GucciGoo

Postby pinkbugs471 » April 4th, 2007, 1:23 pm

I could not eat 1/2 cup of spinich..... yucky poo!! Broccoli yes, spinich no way.! :mrgreen:

231/168/140
pinkbugs471

Postby Serendipity » April 4th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Tonight I'm having Chicken Chili. It's not exactly a L&G because I'm maintaining, but you could make it legal.

Just use chicken, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, onions, and green pepper. It's yummy.

Mine has kidney beans, corn, peas in addition to above.

Sometimes I make soup out of chicken, chicken stock, and my veggie. That's yummy, too.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby GucciGoo » April 5th, 2007, 3:25 am

Jo- I have actually made chicken chili as my L&G. I use canned tomatoes, a small amount of onions, peppers, cumin, garlic, chili powder, salt & pepper. Then I simmer for a while. YUM-O! My hubby LOVES it too- I make it for him with a bed of white rice and he is happy as pie.
GucciGoo

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » April 6th, 2007, 12:34 pm

Roasted Broccolli is my favorite veggie. Toss Broccolli in a few drops of Olive oil and garlic powder. Throw it on a cookie sheet and roast in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Delish!
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii

Postby JonnaD » April 6th, 2007, 4:05 pm

Kanani, that roasted brocolli sounds great. Too bad I've already had my L&G today. :D
Jonna
Working on learning patience - I want to be thin and I want it NOW!
JonnaD
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Pashta » April 7th, 2007, 12:42 pm

I go between having an eye of round steak cooked on our gas grill with a salad or asparagus, chicken breast filets on the george foreman with broccoli, asparagus or spinach (yes I eat the full 1.5 cups of veggies), tilapia with tomatoes and mushrooms and a little bit of onion or salmon cooked in foil in the oven with a tiny bit of marinade and cut up zucchini I saute in a little bit of olive oil.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta

Postby Marseilles » April 9th, 2007, 5:10 am

I think probably my favorite lean and green to date is a turkey taco salad. Using ground turkey breast (you have to use caution here when buying this as they also sell ground turkey which is 17% fat. Be sure you purchase the ground turkey breast), brown it in a skillet and add an envelope of taco seasoning and 1c water, simmer until liquid is mostly evaporated (I cook 2lbs of turkey at a time and make four meals out of it, so adjust seasoning accordingly), serve over a bed of salad greens and top with 1/4c of pace picante sauce or salsa of your choice (keeping the green portion to lettuce allows the ability to use the salsa in place of the 1/4c of chopped veggies as outlined by medifast). It is so satisfying. You could also do this with ground chicken breast or very lean ground beef and adjust your portions as required.

Enjoy!
-M.
:chef:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby GucciGoo » April 9th, 2007, 5:41 am

Marseilles wrote:I think probably my favorite lean and green to date is a turkey taco salad. Using ground turkey breast (you have to use caution here when buying this as they also sell ground turkey which is 17% fat. Be sure you purchase the ground turkey breast), brown it in a skillet and add an envelope of taco seasoning and 1c water, simmer until liquid is mostly evaporated (I cook 2lbs of turkey at a time and make four meals out of it, so adjust seasoning accordingly), serve over a bed of salad greens and top with 1/4c of pace picante sauce or salsa of your choice (keeping the green portion to lettuce allows the ability to use the salsa in place of the 1/4c of chopped veggies as outlined by medifast). It is so satisfying. You could also do this with ground chicken breast or very lean ground beef and adjust your portions as required.

Enjoy!
-M.
:chef:

YUM! I do the EXACT same recipe but with 5 oz ground beef. My hubby loves it too!
GucciGoo

Next

Return to Lean Cuisine