yucky day

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

yucky day

Postby LeeannNH » May 13th, 2005, 10:47 am

hi everyone

i am having a bit of a bad day today. diet-wise everything is fine but i am having a hard time dealing with the stress of working with a boss that i dont like. ok, you may be asking, "what does this have to do with weight loss?" and "doesnt everyone hate their boss in some way?" well, before mf i would eat to deal with this. i just realized this today when she got mad at me because she felt the tone of an email i wrote was argumentative (i work from home). she is extremely sensitive and i always re-read everything before sending something to her to avoid any misinterpretations. this email is not bad at all! i am thrown for a loop! :shock:

so here am alone and i want to go eat everything in the fridge. i know that this would not punish her but would just punish me. i am used to doing this to myself. i can never be right, i ALWAYS apologize even if i'm unsure if i did anything wrong--then i EAT, EAT, EAT. i always allow people to walk over me and i am always the jolly fat girl that laughs while they do. oy vey!

ok, i need to stop feeling sorry for myself and get some backbone. i will stay true to my MF no matter what!

i just wondered how you guys deal with not grabbing food as a response to confrontation.

thanks for letting me vent! i promise my next post will be more cheery
leeann :mrgreen:
Starting weight on Nov. 3, 2008: 220 | Present weight: 220 | Goal: 135
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby DonicaB » May 13th, 2005, 11:46 am

Hi LeeAnn~~I am sorry you are having a bad day. You answered your own question as far as what to do instead of reaching for food. You came here. That's what I do. :hugblue:

I think, please notice the word THINK, you should tell your boss that you did not to intend to sound argumentative and you are sorry she interpreted it that way. But.............I don't think you should apologize if you didn't do anything wrong.

That is very difficult to do, but sometimes necessary, even with your boss. I have had to talk with one of my building principals, on an occassion or two, about misunderstandings. I try to respect his position as my boss, but at the same time I refuse to be the one who is always wrong. Because, whether he wants to believe it or not, sometimes he is the one who is wrong. Of course, I try to do this with the utmost respect possible.

I have found that since I have been more honest with him, he has shown me more respect and seems to value my opinion more than before.

On another note.........cheer up girl.............you are gettting skinny.............healthy.............and HOT. :cheermed:

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby LeeannNH » May 13th, 2005, 12:00 pm

donicab

you are da best!

i actually did call her and we ironed everything out. it was a total misunderstanding. i think that sometimes e-mail can sound harsh. i guess what i am learning is that conversations are better had in person or on the phone, especially with clients!

i have my own design studio and she is my main contact or "boss" at that office. it was cool that i got through it without food! yee-haw i :heart: this board! it is truly a life saver

have a great weekend girl!! and thank you for being there for me!!!!!!
leeann :mrgreen:
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby doglover » May 13th, 2005, 12:14 pm

Hey Leeann. I know this is late in responding but I am so proud of you for confronting the problem (calling your boss) and NOT resorting to the fridge to help you through! It does get easier over time to not want to immediately go for food when an emotional situation (good or bad) occurs. But you did it and I am so proud of you!!!!

Donna
Donna - frequent flyer to FL!
Feb 7, 2005 start date
176/150/150 - made it in 9 weeks! 26 lbs off!
150/139.5/140 - made it in 8 1/2 more weeks! 36.5 lbs off!
144/143/135 - new and last goal! Maintaining for now in 2006
doglover
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Difficult people

Postby Jan » May 13th, 2005, 1:26 pm

Hi Leeann
We've all worked with our share of difficult people and I have to admit I'm afraid at t imes I have been the difficult person. We probably all have. What to do? Well try to consider the source a very sensitive person is probably not going to become unsensitive-- realize that it is most likely her/his interpretation. I think its a great idea to make it known that you did not want the message to appear as it was read (we're always sorry when something is misinterpreted) but the most important thing is Not to see it as YOUR problem and react -- munching up a storm. I think you're well on your way on the journey to good health!! (P.S. Nancy is my "boss" and she's really easy to work with -- so I'm lucky :D )
Jan
Preferred member

Postby LeeannNH » May 13th, 2005, 2:37 pm

hey donna and jan

you guys are both right. i actually felt badly about the whole situation and am so proud of myself. :D

it also feels good to know that i can come here and people really care and respond to me. losing weight can be an isolating and emotional journey (i believe in part due to withdrawl from all of the sugarsthat are in all of the food i was eating!!!), at least in my experience and it is so cool to come here and see that others are cheering me on and share the same ups and downs.

thanks to you both and if you ever need to chat just give me a holler!

leeann
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby dlr2424 » May 13th, 2005, 9:31 pm

Leeann..be proud of yourself......you are doing awesome....... :yes: .....Now.......allowing people to walk all over you......... :hmmm: .......... that is something I was guilty of for years....... :huh: ......but there will come a time in your life where you will start standing up for yourself..... :yes: .....You are a beautiful person worthy of love and RESPECT......... some of us never learned to develope a backbone or in my case I never loved myself enough and allowed others approval of me to mess with my self-worth.... :rollrolleyes: ......a people pleaser.........Remember God created us all EQUAL.........He loves us... :yay: ....we have to learn to love ourselves...... :hug: .....it's okay .... .with respect.....to stand up for what we feel is correct..........if the people are decent they will respect us for it..........if they don't then it's their problem............keep up the great work!!!!!!!!
donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby LeeannNH » May 14th, 2005, 7:42 am

thanks donna

people pleaser---now that is a word that resonates with me big time!!!! i have to get busy working on that next ;)

have a great weekend
leeann
LeeannNH
Trusted Member

Postby DonicaB » May 14th, 2005, 9:34 am

LeeAnn ~~I am glad you and your boss worked things out.

You have a great weekend too.

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.