Yet another "newbie"...

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Yet another "newbie"...

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2004, 8:04 pm

Hi everyone,

Today was Day 1 for me. So far, so good. Love the cappuccino. Love the chili. And, the shakes aren't too bad, either.

I think I pretty much know what to expect. About 15 years ago, I went on Optifast (a few months before Oprah did, giving it so much publicity at the time). I know these first days few days are going to be tough, but I also know that I was able to handle it back then (3 shakes a day for 6 months, without ever cheating, lost 57 lb). Unfortunately, my father died very suddenly, right when I started transitioning to regular food, and both of my grandmothers died soon after, and the grief was just too much. I didn't stick to the food plan, and gained it all back, and then some.

I've tried many diets since then, but never seem able to lose more than 15 lb or so, before I hit a looooooong plateau, and eventually give up. And, now I weigh 34 lb more than I did when I started Optifast.

Then, while reading the result of a year-long weight loss challenge in the local newspaper, I noticed that the team that lost the most weight (a family) was on a "meal replacement shake" plan. I made a mental note to look into Optifast again, but while searching for it on the internet, I learned about Medifast, and found this website with its great forum, and decided to give this a try.

I placed my order last weekend, and here I am.

Taking things one day at a time...

Postby MegMc » May 15th, 2004, 8:11 pm

I don't understand why this post went through as though from a Guest, and not from me, with the signature from my profile. I've been getting a lot of "invalid session" and other errors while trying to register and send my message.

Anyway, the message below is from me. Maybe it will work this time.
Meg
(highest weight - 9/7/03 - 254.5)
Medifast Start Date - 5/15/2004
246.5/223.0/115.0
MegMc
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 15th, 2004, 10:19 pm

Hi Meg and welcome to the forum.
We're glad you found us and pleased to have you.

Stop in regularly and let us know how you're doing.

As for the problem logging in, I'm guessing you're using AOL?
If so, minimize your AOL browser and open a Netscape or Internet Explorer browser to use the forum. You should do the same to navigate any website on the net where you have to log in. AOL has known issues with some software.

Keep us posted and happy shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby ILOVEMY DOG! » May 16th, 2004, 8:31 am

:D Hi Meg!
I am new to the program and will be starting on Monday, May 17! I am glad to hear you enjoy the cappuccino flavor shake as I have purchased six of them! I thought a "cappuccino" would be a nice way to start the day. ;) I look forward to talking with you! My husband is from Ohio and I noticed you are from Michigan! I think that area of the United States is very pretty. Have a beautiful day!

Wendy
When a man has pity on all living creatures then only is he noble.
- The Buddha (6th cent BC)

I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.
- Abraham Lincoln
ILOVEMY DOG!

Postby Landylue » May 16th, 2004, 1:25 pm

Welcome, Meg! You've come to a great place for support.

Good luck with your fast, and post to the forum often.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to Come on in.