Womanly question

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Womanly question

Postby RavenKat » May 6th, 2004, 4:50 am

Hey all,

That time of the month is coming and I'm concerned. Normally my cramps are so bad that I take 3 advil at a time every four hours. That kind of medicating takes a stomach full of food (usually) to keep me from being nauseous. Also, I've heard that no caffeine, less carbs and lots of fluids help with cramps. Has anyone found that their periods are better on MF - worse? same?

PMS is kicking my butt, too. My stomach is growling CONSTANTLY. I've taken to hiding in my bedroom after my 12 hour work day so I have no contact with the kitchen or my husband. I'm angry and hungry - not a good match. :x I'll survive, of course. Any advice on this monthly occurance?

Thanks in advance,
Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Carrie » May 6th, 2004, 5:39 am

Kat,
The best advice I have is to bump up your meal times. For a couple days a month I have them as frequently as every 2 to 2 1/2 hours. A few extra MF meals isn't going to hurt my progress, but going nuts with hunger and binging will. That seems to do the trick for me, and I swear by premsyn pms tablets.

Hope that helps
Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Tonya » May 6th, 2004, 8:59 am

I'm with Carrie. That's exactly what I do....and I love Premsyn!

Thank God it's only a few days out of the month, as opposed to 30!!!
Tonya
161/149/127

You can be pleased with nothing when you are not pleased with yourself.
Tonya
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby RavenKat » May 7th, 2004, 4:25 am

Thanks you two! Drugstore for me today. :mrgreen:

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » May 7th, 2004, 7:43 am

Hi Kat,
You might wanna try a couple boxes of the Women's health products, next time you order, also. I've heard they have great success with some women. Nancy uses them regularly. They're off to the beach for the weekend, so I don't know if she'll be able to comment on them here for a couple days.

I haven't tried them yet, so i can't tell you much about them...:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby TamiL » May 7th, 2004, 8:43 am

Kat
I also have a hard time with wanting to eat everything in sight around my period..its pretty common..as a matter of fact..every time I have BLOWN my program...and binged was just around that time..so I saw a pattern here..and was prepared to conquer it...
what I find helps me is to be AWARE that I will be MORE hungry..and want to eat everything in sight..so I do what I can do be prepared!! I find that if I allow myself an extra shake or have my fast soups..that also helps..the more salt for me around that time..the more satisfied I feel!!
I try and stay out of places that would tempt me....and not keep anything in the house that I would sneak/binge on....
besides chaining myself to the bed..which sometimes I have thought of to keep myself from eating everything in sight around PMS time!!! lol!!..I just stay more busy...and keep myself aware that THIS WILL PASS!!
;) Im runnin out the door to pick me up some premysn!!

here to all us women .....who can stay faithful to our shakin...during that dreaded time of the month!! :-P

Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room