Whoa...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Whoa...

Postby Nancy » November 11th, 2003, 2:58 pm

Sheesh, Mike ~

Are you PMSing or something? You'll make me afraid to reply to anything. If I were lecturing, I'd have all capital letters and be wearing my long black robe and mortar board hat while writing to you.

I am wearing my leopard print nightie and writing because indeed, there are those that will misunderstand and think that they will have a slower weight loss if they consume anything other than five shakes a day and that just isn't true.

I am a nationally certified Health Advisor and attend frequent trainings and actually give program trainings myself. I merely want folks to use this in a safe and muscle sparing way. Many people use Medifast as a supplement to regular food for weight maintenance, some use it for weight loss and rely upon Medifast products only so therefore, we want to be sure that they are taking in enough nutrition - five supplements a day provides the necessary protein for men and women in a safe and effective way.

I am not a doctor. I do not provide therapy, I do not diagnose, and I do not offer medical advice or provide medical treatment. I absolutely do not make any claims regarding the physical health of others as it relates to disease or medications. However, I do provide the tools and education that provide solutions for getting and staying healthy and am here to support and to encourage others in their journey to improved health.

For many years I searched for someone or something that would help me to reach an appropriate weight. Like many others before me, I searched for the magic solution when traditional weight loss plans seemed to not be effective for me. Surgery seemed to be my only alternative until I found Medifast. It has literally saved my life and made it possible for me to safely and effectively lose 130 pounds of lard and grief and to maintain my weight and to improve my health significantly.

There are some people that absolutely cannot be placed on a calorie-restricted program.

Of course folks must take responsibility to see their personal physician because they will be losing a significant amount of weight which could influence their medication dosages. Actually we always recommend that our clients see their doctor before starting any program that will change their health in anyway.

For some folks that have no health problems like heart disease or diabetes and have less weight to lose, several weeks of having 5 shakes a day most likely will not result in any adverse problems but for those with significant amounts of weight to lose, the tendency is for people to binge on high fat or high sugar food at some point - like when they reach their goal or when at a special event or such and then they can experience adverse problems if they do not gradually reintroduce foods like I outlined in the November Newsletter. Experience speaking here…
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Re: Whoa...

Postby explorthis » November 11th, 2003, 3:53 pm

Nancy wrote:Sheesh, Mike ~

Are you PMSing or something? You'll make me afraid to reply to anything. If I were lecturing, I'd have all capital letters and be wearing my long black robe and mortar board hat while writing to you.

Experience speaking here…

Nancy, perhaps I jumped the gun on my comment eariler, I do apologise if you thought (and others did) that I was upset.

I DO NOT PMS (thank god)

I read your "comment to my comment" as a bullet to my reply. I perhaps did not think before inserting my foot, as I typed it. I saw your red lettering, and instantly got the hair up on the back of my neck!!

I understand you are a "nationally certified Health Advisor" and you must have had to go to training before receiving this title, so you must have good information to offer us (not to mention its free)

I do solicit your input (oddly worded as it is) and like to sometimes toss in my 35 cents, though it may be more than needed.

Please DO not take my reply(s) as derogotive/negative. Continue to reply and offer solice to me, and others. I would (know this for a fact) not have gotten this far with my loss without the help of this support board.

Am I forgiven?

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Red Lettering

Postby Nancy » November 11th, 2003, 4:20 pm

Yup, of course you're forgiven.

re: my red letters - just so I'd be able to keep my reply separate from your comment, I used blue letters for vous and red for mois. Sometimes that helps our readers to identify our interaction.

I am not very savvy sometimes regarding internet protocol in terms of the use of red letters, capital letters that may imply YELLING, etc. :x

Again, as I am able, my purpose is to inform and to assist others in their journey to optimize and to maintain their health. ;)

Wish I had more time to pontificate, to sit here and write but someone's gotta wash the underdoodies, trim and mow the yard, fix the grub and hose out the house! Gotta scoot & get my rear in gear or we'll live in a sty since the guys around here are glued to their desk chairs and think that the above Honey Do list has my name written on the top... :wave:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Re: Red Lettering

Postby explorthis » November 11th, 2003, 4:42 pm

Nancy wrote:Again, as I am able, my purpose is to inform and to assist others in their journey........

As long as I am forgiven....

As for your above quote to "assist", mine is sometimes to be an "ass" 8)

Your humble follower, (well not too humble)... :twisted:

-Mike
explorthis

Yeah, you're forgiven

Postby Nancy » November 11th, 2003, 8:43 pm

Mike,

Yeah, you're forgiven. No problem.

The air was crisp but dry here today so after I got my emailing done, I raked leaves, planted bulbs, mowed and trimmed the yard. The kids are here tionight for supper.

We're rackin' 'em up here in The Couve.We're gonna play Mexican Train - not the same as poker, eh, Mike?

Our favorite kid and her husband just got back from a cruise to the Caribbean early Monday morning (2:10 AM).

Gotta scoot – it’s Train Time!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Weight Loss