Who knew?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Who knew?

Postby Sojourner » August 9th, 2006, 9:56 pm

Portuguese sweet bread. Pao doce.
My MIL dropped some by for DH last night, and then left. DH was not home. It was just me and the sweet bread. Did I mention that sweet bread is one of my most favorite things ever? See, DH is a skinny who's been a skinny all of his life, no matter what or how much he eats. So I've recently learned that I am able to resist whole boxes of candy bars in the fridge -- also, popcorn and Ding Dongs and chips and any number of snacks in the pantry. I'm not even really tempted by these things. But bread? The bread in the cupboard calls my name louder than any Twinkie could. Any kind of bread, even the regular ol' white sandwich bread that DH prefers. And I can't even think about tortillas without a little pang in my tummy and tear in my eye. I love sweet, salty, sour, pretty much all foods, but bread is my all-time yummiest yum. And now there's a warm loaf of sweet bread in my kitchen.

Guess what? It was still there this morning when I woke up and it's been there all day. Yup, just me and the pao doce, kickin' it. It has no power over me. I even unwrapped it and cut a slice for DH this evening and did nothing more than inhale deeply of it's wonderful aroma. Yeah, I pretty much shoved my face into it last night when MIL dropped it off, too.

I have never denied myself like this before (Hello? That's why I'm a fatty-fatty-2x4!). I wouldn't have thought it would be so easy, so NO BIG DEAL. I have unplumbed depths of strength. Who knew?
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Blessedmommieof3 » August 9th, 2006, 11:09 pm

Yummm!!
Way to go!! :cleader:
You've got some amazing will power going on right now! I'm not sure I could be so strong when faced with some nice warm pan de queso my MIL gets at the Colombian bakery.
The Journey began July 30th, blogging along the way at Extrapounds*com
Blessedmommieof3
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Sojourner » August 10th, 2006, 12:06 am

Thanks Alicia! I read something somewhere in this forum, I don't remember who said it, so I can't give credit and will paraphrase, but they said something to the effect of....[sweet bread and pan de queso] are not going to go extinct. They will still be there when you are through this journey.

Somebody else said: Don't compromise what you want MOST for what you want right now.

These tidbits of wisdom have caused me to look at my situation differently than I have before - it's helped SO much. I can have sweet bread later. I want to be skinny and healthy more than I want sweet bread right now.

BTW, I also want to join those who've thanked you and your hubby for the personal sacrifice you've made for ME. Thank you!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby Blessedmommieof3 » August 10th, 2006, 12:12 am

BTW, I also want to join those who've thanked you and your hubby for the personal sacrifice you've made for ME. Thank you!

Thanks! I hate seeing him leave and I miss him like crazy, but I'm PROUD of him & proud to be his wife!

Yes - the pan de queso will be there & believe me after I shed all this weight, I'll enjoy a pieced from time to time - but just one piece (instead of 3+) and eat it slowly & savor it! :D
The Journey began July 30th, blogging along the way at Extrapounds*com
Blessedmommieof3
Trusted Member - #10 Club

good job

Postby rayray » August 10th, 2006, 2:14 am

That is amazing, you have some truly great will power! I must lear from you example. !!!
rayray
Trusted Member - #50 Club

Postby JKSRN » August 10th, 2006, 1:27 pm

Great resolve! Good for you!! I am sure that it took a lot for you to avoid it, but you did it!!!! Yeah!!!! :D
Joan
JKSRN
Preferred member

Postby Diana » August 10th, 2006, 9:26 pm

(Diana high-fives Sojourner!!) Congratulations!!! :cleader:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Sojourner » August 11th, 2006, 12:51 am

Thanks y'all!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~