Where is everyone going?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Elke » June 24th, 2006, 10:27 am

Well in August hubby and I will be going to Cali. His brother and wife are meeting us in Phx, they are coming from Louisianna and then together we are gonna ride our bikes to Cali for the younger brothers Police Acamedy graduation. Gonna be a blast!!!
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Arklahoma » June 24th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Just finished a two week vacation, but spent the whole time interviewing for jobs. Hubby and I are hoping to go back to Oklahoma for Thanksgiving or Christmas to visit family.
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby AlexLHH » June 25th, 2006, 8:39 am

i'm a little late to respond, but in september i'm going to Brazil to visit my fiance! I just got back from living there and this time I want to go back a lot better looking than when I left :)

Maybe some of you know how it is, but if you decide to marry a foreign national, it takes about 6-9 months to bring them here these days... just gives me lots of time to improve myself, I guess.
AlexLHH

Postby PJinCali » June 25th, 2006, 11:16 am

My 15 year old son, Nick, and I are on our vacation right now. We are on a 6 week camping trip. So far we have been to Yosemite National Park (my personal favorite) - Lake Tahoe, Ca - Klamath Falls, OR - Hayden, ID - Glacier National Park, Montana - Waterston International Peace Park, Alberta Canada - Livingston, Montana (just north of Yellowstone National park) - Grand Teton National Park, Jackson Hole, WY - Yellowstone National Park, West Yellowstone, MT and we are currently in South Dakota to visit Mount Rushmore/Crazy Horse Monument and the surrounding Black hills. Our next stop is Michigan (where I was born and raised and where my family is still located) We will camp on Lake Michigan, visit with family and go to upper Michigan to see all the sights. After Michigan we will make our way back to California via Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, Bryce Canyon in Utah and maybe swoop down to Arizona to visit the grand canyon and friend in Scottsdale.

This has been an amazing experience so far. Not just the travel but some amazing conversations with my 15 year old son. We have some truly amazing (that is not a stong enough word) photos. We have also met some very interesting people. Mostly good but not always. Unfortunately racism is still alive and well in the United States. Since Montana we have witnesses overt racism mostly directed toward Native Americans. Although we do see and feel racism in Southern California, it is much more painful to witness it as a "normal" part of the culture in some of the placed we have visited.

I am keeping a diary of the trip and will put it into some sort of book form with the photos for Nick when we get back home. He is also keeping a diary and I hope he shares it with me one of these days. He says some very amazing, profound things while we are driving or hiking.

So, that is our vacation this year....
20#5-21 - 120# forecast 3-3
40#7-09 - 130# forecast 4-2
60#8-31 - 140# forecast 5-2
80#10-22- 150# forecast 6-2
100#12-30 – 160# forecast 7-2
110# forecast 1-29
PJinCali
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Elke » June 25th, 2006, 12:41 pm

WOW, thanks amazing. I would love to do that one day. Sounds like a blast and what a bonding experience. Good for you and your son. Having a 18, 17 and almost 14 yr old sons I can so see your fun :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby JeepGirl » June 25th, 2006, 1:29 pm

We go on Jeep rides throughout the SouthEast on a monthly basis.

Our beach vacation this year is to Myrtle Beach the 3rd week of July with the in-laws. We are staying 4 days and they are staying 8 PLUS they are keeping the kids with them after we leave.

In Oct we are hoping to to Montana to do some land scouting but we will see. Hubby wants it basically as a hunting retreat but I am afraid if we go that we wont want to come home LOL

Once I hit goal we are going to the Islands. At first it was Hawaii but I am leaning more towards Bora Bora and those cute little huts over the water now LOL.
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'