Where does it go?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Where does it go?

Postby nyc*girl » December 27th, 2006, 8:06 pm

Such a silly question, but where exactly does the weight go? I mean, mass, whatever you want to say to be technical? Shall I really expect to lose 100 pounds by going to the bathroom?

I realize this seems silly, but is that where it realy all goes? I suppose I should stock up on the TP.... Is a weight loss of 150 pounds realistic by next Christmas. I am a female, about 5'7" and want to lose that much.

I see some people began in Oct/Nov 05 and are now down 140 lbs. Is that right??

From the studio, I see that a difference of even 20 lbs. shows up. DO you people who have lost 40-50 or more see that much of a difference when you see yourself in mirrors or pictures?

My friend is on MF and I cannot wait to joing her. I am just waiting for a new supply to come in so we can split up our packets. I would love to hear about those few things. Thanks again
nyc*girl

Postby hulagirlfromhawaii » December 27th, 2006, 9:49 pm

Hi NYC!

As far as I understand, the fat just goes. Just like any other weighloss program and biologically speaking , the fat is used at energy. Much more effeciently on MF because there is a gap in calories taken in and calories that is burned as energy by the body. For me, I really don't pay too much attention as to how it goes, as much as that it just goes and my job is to make sure it never comes back~~! MF also allows the body to retain muscle mass by providing the right amounts of protein and carbs and fats, so the muscle is retained thus keeping our matabolism high. MF works faster than any other plan I've been on.... I don't question how, I am just thankful that it does! Good luck to you! Keep posting so we can cheer you along on your progress!!! :mrgreen:
Kanani

165/146.5/125
hulagirlfromhawaii
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 27th, 2006, 11:10 pm

Hi NYC and welcome to the forum,
I've got this theory. Next time you're in Starbucks or Krispy Kreme, look at the people to your left and right.
That's where the weight goes....:)

Reaching your goal by next Christmas in not unreasonable, if you stick to the plan.

We're glad you found us and Medifast....:)
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Mike » December 27th, 2006, 11:28 pm

If you really want a technical answer :pagesturn: , I guess I could try (hope my BA in Biology is enough :scratch: ).
When our bodies reach a stage called Ketosis, we begin to burn fat instead of regular sugar as fuel :treadjog: . In our cells, the fat is reconverted from glycogen (the stored fat) into glucose (sugar) and then burned as fuel in the mitochondria inside the cell (as long as there is plenty of oxygen). :nutz:
As the fat cells use up the glycogen, there is also lots of junk in there that gets released also :dino: , and this stuff gets into the blood and gets filtered out by the kidneys. :redhead: This is why drinking lots of pure water is important :water: (to help get rid of the leftover junk from shrinking fat cells).
So, where does it go.... well, ultimately it makes its way into sewage treatment plants :puke: , and the water into the ocean.... :water:
So, the next time you see the ocean, just think to yourself.... some of me is out there :bravo: ;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Re: Where does it go?

Postby Serendipity » December 28th, 2006, 4:47 am

nyc*girl wrote:I see some people began in Oct/Nov 05 and are now down 140 lbs. Is that right??

Yep, that's right! :mrgreen:
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 28th, 2006, 4:48 am

Mr. Amoeba strikes again!!! :lol: What would we do without your expertise? :(
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby jlaman79 » December 28th, 2006, 8:27 am

To answer another of your questions NYC...I've lost 50 pounds and I can definately see major differences. I still have a long way to go to goal, but pics are lots different, clothes are lots different, energy, confidence all of it. Actually I could see a difference at about 15 pounds and every few days i can see changes in my body shape.
Start 285 05/24/06
Current 224
Goal 145???
jlaman79
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Mike » December 28th, 2006, 11:16 pm

bikipatra wrote:Mr. Amoeba strikes again!!! :lol: What would we do without your expertise? :(

Umm, probably get the answer from someone else, or Wikipedia (like my students do) ;)
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby bikipatra » December 29th, 2006, 1:55 am

Mike wrote:
bikipatra wrote:Mr. Amoeba strikes again!!! :lol: What would we do without your expertise? :(

Umm, probably get the answer from someone else, or Wikipedia (like my students do) ;)
:mrgreen:

Well, I prefer getting my info from a dude in leopard pants! :-P
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra

Return to Weight Loss