What's on YOUR ipod?

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Serendipity » June 19th, 2006, 3:03 pm

I have big bad voodoo daddy.....love it.

Hmmmmm, don't have any Mel Torme, lol
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2006, 4:10 pm

Ha. I actually have some more country on there, but I don't listen to it as often as the rest. Except for Dwight Yoakam, because I loooooooove him. Saw him live a couple of months ago (that's actually where I was going when my "progress photos" were taken).
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby ktrout » June 19th, 2006, 4:59 pm

OK, I'm a Network Administrator... Do I REALLY need to go into the boring details ?

I have a home network with a couple servers full of stuff and we have 4-5 personal PC/laptops in the family. I also collect music and have friends that collect music. I ripped all 1200 of my CDs and a couple thousand of friends CDs and put everything on a couple very large hard drives, and backed everything up of course. I have a 30GB iPod and the contents changes all the time. I have about 45,000 song titles so far and I haven't really downloaded anything yet. The one thing that I like to find on the web is rare live cuts that will never make it to an album. Either concert bootlegs or SNL performances or PBS concerts, stuff like that. I do feel somewhat bound by copywrite infringment and by owning so many CDs I think that I'm pretty good about it.

Let's see...

Diana Krall - Love her, got the entire catalog
Mel Torme - lots
Miles Davis - Love him, I have literally dozens of rare, obscure cuts from European releases and bootlegs as well as most of his catalog.

Yes, I have lots of $$$ tied up in my music hobby. But it does keep me off the streets and out of bars, which my wife certainly appreciates. It also allows for me to put together a great playlist for ANY social function and just hit the button and turn up our home stereo and not touch it all night.

I forgot to add...

Speaking of lawsuits... I was named in one of the very first lawsuits after Napster got in trouble. The estate of Roy Orbisen named 145,000 of us in a copywrite infridgment lawsuit. Napster gave us up without even a court order LOL! So be careful who you trust when you download music for "free". It didn't cost me any money, I just lost my Napster account and can never have another one.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Zinkette99 » June 19th, 2006, 6:12 pm

I have wanted an Ipod for years. But I can never break down and get one. So I bought a Sony Walkman mp3 player at Wal-Mart for like 80 bucks. It holds 350 songs. I could not live without it. It goes with me everywhere. So for anyone who can't afford the Ipod it really is a nice alternative.

What I am playing:

Otis Redding "Try a Little Tenderness"
The Shins
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
All-American Rejects
Heart
Johnny Cash
25 years old
5'8
Started MF'ing: 6/5/06
267/247/135

"Strive for perfection, allow for error. If you haven't given up, you haven't failed."
Courtesy of ChiNut :):)
Zinkette99
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2006, 6:50 pm

Another alternative is woot dot com (I swear, I'm not connected with them in any way, even though is the second plug I've given them). They sell mp3 players regularly at great prices.

The deal is they sell one thing a day, and only one thing, until either it sells out or the next day starts. Usually really, really good prices, but you have to watch for refurb items (they do tell you up front). $5 shipping on everything. And periodically they run "woot-offs," where they put up a product for sale, and as soon as it's gone, they put up something else. They don't tell you how many they're selling, so you have no idea how long it'll be available. Sometime's it's a minute or two; sometimes it's hours.

The best part is the forums, where you can get some great information before you buy (if there's time), including reviews and links and price comparisons.

Anyway, plug over. But they sell Rios and some other brands regularly. And some great iPod accessories and assorted computer stuff, for the techies among us.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby supermom » June 19th, 2006, 7:49 pm

I don't have an IPod. I want one, but just can't justify it. I do have Sirius Sattelite Radio. We really like it. DogMa===Dwight Yoakum is on my list. If I ever met him, well, you know....and my husband couldn't say squat. He calls him Dwight Yukum. I LOVE him. I think it is the mystery about him. He just really "does it" for me!!
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DogMa » June 19th, 2006, 7:51 pm

Oh, me, too. The weird leg thing used to bug me, and now I love it. Sigh. He was wonderful in person, although he sure doesn't SAY much. Not that he needs to talk.
Robin

203/130/130
DogMa

Postby Mike » June 19th, 2006, 8:12 pm

I love my iPod. Just replaced my old 10GB one to a mini iPod 6GB. I have about 4 GB used up.. with a variety of music.... alot of christian rock/contemporary and also alot of 80's rock, R&B, and modern alternative (Creed, Alice in Chains, etc)
I am a big Def Leppard fan, but I also am big for DC Talk and Jars of Clay.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Joelie » June 19th, 2006, 9:00 pm

XM Satellite radio here! LOOOOOVE IT!
Joelie
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby Tankie » June 19th, 2006, 11:39 pm

I have the 60GB Video Ipod and cannot live without it....I keep shows and videos in it for when I'm on the plane...sure beats an old movie with crappy headphones....speaking of headphones I bought some that block out all the surrounding noise so I can acctually catch some Zzzz's.....I only have about 4,500 songs on my Ipod cuz I found if I have too many I get bogged down trying to chose an artist or genre.....I'm not gonna list everything but here are the top 20 I've been listening to lately in no particular order.....

1.Gnarls Barkey
2.Ministry
3.Norah Jones
4.Panjabi MC
5.Weezer
6.The Beach Boys
7.High on Fire
8.The Killers
9.She Wants Revenge
10.Michal Buble
11.New Order
12.Joy Division
13.Skinny Puppy
14.Prince
15.Reverend Horton Heat
16.Johnny Cash
17.Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
18.Missy Elliot
19.Busta Rhymes
20.Deftones
Wow....schizophrenic music taste..lol

Amy
It's been swell but the swelling's gone down...

Tankie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby falisamarie » June 20th, 2006, 5:21 am

I don't have an ipod yet but when I have one I will be odd man out in that mine would be all 80's rock and all current country. I know I am a redneck but I LOVE my country music!

Lisa
Start date 1/15/06
falisamarie
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby FORMOMMY » June 20th, 2006, 8:11 am

Vicky - don't feel bad - I don't have a clue about IPods either - hate to admit that because I love music!!!

Lisa - I'm with you -LOVE my country music.

But I have to say I love MOST kinds of music. I love all genres except rap, heavy metal/hard rock, and punk (hope I don't offend anyone). I guess I too am old and out of touch :)

I am starting to think I need to get me one of them there IPod things!!! :)
Michelle
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Phil 4:13

Started 1/23/06
Recommitted 1/02/07
FORMOMMY

Postby GucciGoo » June 20th, 2006, 10:05 am

Ditto to every single thing you said in the first post. I also have the Bose speakers and use it as my house stereo. And I have it right next to me at work. I have a 60 Gig Ipod, and have about half of it filled. I would not even know where to start to give you song ideas!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo

Postby MusicalMomma Reloaded » June 20th, 2006, 11:38 am

I don't have an ipod and seriously doubt I'd ever spend that kind of money on something I am sure to lose cuz it's so small! I lose EVERYTHING...even my car! LOL

When that technology get's old and they're like $50, I might go for it ;)

When I got my first DVD player, I spent $249 on them and that was an EXCELLENT deal!!!! Now you can get them for $50.
~Joyce~
Formerly known as MusicalMomma
MusicalMomma Reloaded
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Elke » June 20th, 2006, 7:52 pm

I have a boom box, does that count?
I usually just listen to
Disturbed
godsmack
Rob Zombie
Ozzy Osborne
some korn
My husband suprised me with tickest to see godsmack and Rob Zombie in September. Course I wish I knew he was gonna do that cause I need more mf and can't get any this week :( Oh well nothing to do about it now.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

PreviousNext

Return to What's Shakin'