What to do when you are sick...

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

What to do when you are sick...

Postby SuzyQ66 » April 27th, 2007, 8:58 am

I have been sick since Wednesday. I am finally no longer running a fever and I think the bowel problems have finally subsided - at least I hope they have. I have stayed on program but I am very weak. I can barely walk from one end of my house to the other. I took a bath this morning hoping to help me feel better only to have to lay down for a while afterwards. Do you guys stay on program during times like this or do you increase your protein intake? The thought of eating the supplements today have made me nauseous; however, I have had two so far and they seemed to help - for about 1/2 hour. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Sue
SuzyQ66
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Tawanda » April 27th, 2007, 9:17 am

Suzy, sorry to read you are feeling puny....hope you'll be better soon.

Personally, if it were me, I'd stick to program for as long as I could as I don't want to lose ground and I don't want to chance having a difficult (or impossible) time getting back on program. But, that is easy for me to say since I'm not the one ill and not feeling puny.

Do you have any of the chicken noodle soup? Some of the food choices would be good ones for when a person feels badly...

I suggest you just do the best you can on staying on program and if you have to have something off program (like saltine crackers or ??) then have as few as possible.....

Really, nothing I'm saying is helpful for you as it is you feeling lousy and not me.........so you need to make the decision as to what you need/want to do.

Hope you're better soon.
Began MediFast 2/10/07 212#
Reached Goal 3/15/08 147#
Renewed commitment 9/20/09-after regaining 38# (185#)
Reached Goal 1/25/10 147# Maintaining :)
Tawanda
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby nickieluv » April 27th, 2007, 9:27 am

This is a tough situation for sure. I'm sorry you're having to deal with it. I've been sick on-plan but only mild colds and sore throats, nothing like this. I would say if you feel you need something more but are still worried about your weight loss, stick to protein and low-carb things like that. Or maybe just have more shakes - you said they helped for about 30 minutes, so maybe for today while you are getting your strength back you could have a shake every hour while you're awake? Even 10 shakes is still only 1000 calories. Maybe Jan will see this - I believe she's a nurse - and can give you some advice. Or you could make a call - I don't know the numbers but I think there's a nurse help line or nutrition line or something like that. Good luck and feel better soon.
nickieluv
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Pashta » April 27th, 2007, 10:23 am

If I felt like you feel I would stop the plan and eat whatever I could keep down and made my feel better physically. It's ok to go off if you are sick, your body needs energy to fight the bug.
- Tonia

Start: 03/20/06 (restart 3/19/07)
3 kids: 3 mos, 18 mos, 11 yrs old
Month 1: -4.4,-0.8,-4.0,-2.2 (-11.4, -7 in.)
Month 2: -1.6,-1.6,-3.4
Pashta
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Diana » April 28th, 2007, 1:09 am

Get well soon, SuzyQ!!!

Yes, there's a live conference call with a Take Shape for Life nurse on Mondays at 5:30 Pacific. The number is (646) 519-5860, PIN 0971#

Definitely you should increase your intake (extra packets, maybe even an additional L&G) and possibly add some salt (like boullion or even diet soda). I'm not a nurse, but, Suzy, it sounds like staying on plan at this very moment is not the #1 priority!!

You can also email Lori Andersen, RN at getfitfast "at" comcast dot net. She usually hosts the Monday night nurse's call and, as a bonus, she's Dr. Andersen's wife (Dr. A is the co-founder of Take Shape for Life which is the complete program using the Medifast products).

Hope you're fully recovered soon!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Return to Weight Loss