what should I do?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

what should I do?

Postby Peggy » July 28th, 2004, 4:35 pm

Hello everyone!

I have a question. My doctor put me on 2 shakes and 2 bars a day plus one green/meat meal a day. After reading the post on getting started I noticed that I'm not drinking nearly enough shakes and I'm not supposed to have more than one bar a day.

Do I ask my doctor about it or should I just buy more shakes and sort of do it myself? I don't want to second guess him but I really want to make this work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Peggy
Start Date July 23, 2004
Height 5'3 - 182 lbs.
August 5, 2004 174 lbs...woohooo!
Peggy

Postby Unca_Tim » July 28th, 2004, 5:23 pm

Hi Peggy and welcome,
We certainly wouldn't want to second guess your MD either. What i'd do is print out the Medifast literature you can find here on the plans, and take it to him to see what Medifast prescribes. He may have some other reasons for why he deviated from the prescribed plan.

Let us know what you find out.
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Guest » July 29th, 2004, 4:26 am

Thank you Unca!

I see him this evening and I'll show him the literature. Will let you know what he says.

Thanks for the fast response! :)

Postby Peggy » July 29th, 2004, 7:27 pm

Unca,

I showed the information to my doctor and asked him what he thought about it. He said that I was welcome to order whatever I wished but that he couldn't carry all the things that medifast offers. Just doesn't have enough space. so he offers the medifast 70 plan and modified it for me. It must be working well because I lost 6 lbs for my first week on the program.

I told him that I was still a bit hungry in the afternoon because I chose to save one of the bars he had me eating until evening. He said it would not hurt for me to have another shake if I wanted it. So now I'm having the oatmeal for breakfast, a bar for snack, a milkshake for lunch another in the afternoon a lite lowfat dinner then a bar in the evening.

I'm just so excited at how it's worked so far.

Hugs and thanks again for your help! :)
Start Date July 23, 2004
Height 5'3 - 182 lbs.
Peggy

Postby Unca_Tim » July 29th, 2004, 8:34 pm

Hi Peggy,
The Medifast 70 is for men and active women. I see now why he had you cut back a bit since you're using the 70. I thought you were taking the 55.

Medifast's prescribed women's plan is 5 meal replacements and a lean/green regular meal. 3 of which should be shakes and 2 which can be any combination of the other alternate meal replacements. (soups, chili, oatmeal, etc...) It's also recommended that only 1 bar be taken per day. An extra shake can be taken on long or exceptionally active days. With him having you on 70, if can somewhat understand what your Doc has prescribed.

The lean/green is described in the FAQ's here and there's some posts on what salad dressings you can use. To search this forum, click on the search button. If you want to search more than one keyword, put the word "and" between them. Ex: "salad and dressing" without the quotes.

I'd definitely add the extra shake. Have you been feeling ok? Any dizziness or lightheadedness? Energy level ok?

Congrats on your first week's loss. You're doing great.
Keep us posted,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Peggy » July 30th, 2004, 6:17 am

I feel wonderful and am not a bit dizzy or tired. I added another shake to my day. He said it would be okay because it's only another 100 calories. we shall see. If it's affecting my weight loss then perhaps I'll order the 55 online and just go to him to monitor it.

The day I started my blood sugar was very low but he checked it yesterday when I went back after my first week and it was normal. The extra shake will come in very handy around 3 p.m. when lunch has worn off and I still have a while till dinner.

Thank you so much for all your help. I certainly do appreciate the time you've taken. :)

Peggy
Start Date July 23, 2004
Height 5'3 - 182 lbs.
Peggy

Return to Weight Loss