What have I done for me lately?

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What have I done for me lately?

Postby Carrie » April 26th, 2004, 9:11 am

Along the lines of our 'reasons why we want to lose weight' I have been thinking today of the benefits I have seen after 60 days and 30 pounds of success. I believe in dwelling on the good stuff (how far I have come) vs. the bad stuff (how far I have to go), so here are some of the good things that have happened to me so far:

57 days and 30 pounds later:
1. My pants are definitely baggy. They're not falling off but they will be soon.

2. I have lost 13 inches from my body.

3. I am a smidge away from being 1/4 of the way to my goal.

4. When I climb a flight of stairs I do not huff and puff at all. (used to be several minutes of huffing and puffing involved with a single flight of stairs)

5. I took a bath last night and for the first time in years, it was pretty darn easy to get out of the tub (no heaving myself up)

6. I'm looking forward to my 2 vacations this summer (used to be cause for depression, thinking about seeing people and flying)

7. My self-confidence is blossoming again, along with a sense of pride in my accomplishment (vs. the constant shame of overeating)

8. I do believe that the male population is a bit perkier and considerate of late.

9. I FEEL a whole lot better. I wake up easier in the mornings, I don't need as much sleep, I don't even need caffeine anymore. I feel 100% better than I did when I ate junk all day.

10. I can see, when I'm sitting, that I do look smaller than before.

11. Each day, though there are hard ones, it does get better. And I learn from each and every day. Whether the lesson is that I can pick myself up and carry on after a slip, or whether it's just that no matter what I do there are some 'bloat' days every month, it's all an opportunity to teach myself how to be healthy and achieve this goal.

12. I can say no to food, and when I do I feel a whole lot better about myself than when I don't.

13. I've learned to put myself first, and that it isn't gonna stop the world if I say no to someone. I can do this on my terms. I can play by my rules.

14. Though there are hard moments, they pass, and these first 2 months, now that they're behind me, seem like a blur.

15. If I can do this for 2 months, and lose 30 pounds, then I can do this 4 months and lose 60, and 6 months and lose 90, etc.

It's all worth it. I'm gonna try to remember this stuff next time I'm having a bad day.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby elle4nelly » April 26th, 2004, 10:38 am

Carrie,

I love reading your Posts!!
you're doing great!!
losing weight is tough but being overweight for the rest of our natural life is worst!!!
Thanks for the great Post!

Nelly :D
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Starloser63 » April 26th, 2004, 10:51 am

Carrie,

You always have great posts. You are 6 pounds from your 1st goal that is great!

If I don't straighten out your gonna pass me!

Way to go! Here's to the next 60 days together.

Hugs,
Susan F
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room