What is going on??

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What is going on??

Postby Guest » September 2nd, 2004, 3:25 pm

I bought 4 boxes of the Dutch chocolate and French vanilla ready to drink shakes. (2 of each) About 2 or 3 weeks ago. I am having issues with The dutch chocolate. It has these nasty chunks in it that make me gag when I drink it. I have been trying to figure out what exactly these chunks are and have decided its definitely not a part of the shake...I think it is part of the inside of the box. Anyway this has touroughly grossed me out and now I dread drinking my shakes :(. Has this happened to anyone else?

Postby DutchChoc » September 2nd, 2004, 5:14 pm

Hey, hey, hey!! Easy on the dutch chocolate, lol!. :x That's my very favorite flav. I'd say that you might not be/must not be doing enough shakin' in the shaker jar, in which case that could happen. A seasoned veteran comes around to overlooking a lot, I suppose, but I honestly do like the way it tastes when mixed in the blender with at least a half portion of ice cubes and, for a sweet treat, a packet of sweetner. I'd try the blender and see if that breaks up the clumps or pieces if they're there. Pretty yummy stuff. At least manageable, really, and it will grow on you shortly, like an aquired taste. Keep us informed on your progress. It's a great "diet" and you'll like the results if you follow the rules! :cheers:
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

I think you read wrong.

Postby Guest » September 2nd, 2004, 5:53 pm

I don't have a problem with the dutch chocolate powder, those are great, it's the ready to drinks that have the chunks in them. And it is definitely not part of the shake.

Postby DutchChoc » September 2nd, 2004, 5:57 pm

OH, I see!! You clearly said that. Sorry. :oops: I have not tried those yet. I'd expect them to be plenty smooth already, too. I'll stay tuned to see how this turns out.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 2nd, 2004, 7:14 pm

Hi there,

I use the RTDs from time to time and I have never encountered chunks....sound like this is a question for Nancy!

Nancy! Where ARE you????????????

Lois
Lois
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Nancy » September 2nd, 2004, 7:51 pm

:shock: First, check the expiration date on the package of your RTD.

While they do not require refrigeration, it is important to keep the RTDs in a cool place. I keep a few in my car all the time just in case I get caught without a healthy fast meal or if mealtime comes by and I am not home.

My husband and I were out and about a few weeks ago and we each had a Choc RTD. He inhaled a skanky glob through his straw and thankfully, I did not - both RTDs had been in the trunk for the same length of time and it has been very warm here in the NW. We just figured it was because the RTD had experienced fluctuations in temperature while riding around in the trunk of my car.

I dunno anything else to tell you.

I DO know that there is a 25% disposal fee which is taken from the paid price of the product IF the product is returned to the company.

The return policy states that products must be returned within 30 days of purchase.

Customers pay for the shipping and before returning the product they must call the company and speak with a customer service rep to get a Return Merchandise Authorization number.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

yikes

Postby Guest » September 3rd, 2004, 3:16 pm

Well...I think that I am just going to take my Vanilla ready to drink shakes places when I have to drink them out of the box and I will drink the chocolate at home so I can...um...filter them.

Thanks for the help.

Postby Nancy » September 3rd, 2004, 4:38 pm

Sorry it was gloppy. I HATE it when glop happens!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby explorthis » September 3rd, 2004, 8:35 pm

Sorry it was gloppy

Hmmmmm, checked the FAQ section, and located no findings for "gloppy"

Tim?

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » September 4th, 2004, 12:27 am

FreeSearch Dictionary:
glop
noun {U} INFORMAL

any thick unpleasant liquid, especially food:

- The soup was a greyish glop, with bits in it.

My guess would be gloppy would be glop-like.
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby smartiegrrl » September 4th, 2004, 8:55 am

Are you shaking the boxes *really* well before drinking them? They are kinda like my soy milk. It will settle and get these funky glops if you don't "shake well".

Hope that helps. :)
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Return to The Weight Room