What's going on?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

What's going on?

Postby Jeanette » November 20th, 2003, 7:30 am

Okay, so Monday I weighed in with a twelve pound loss for my first week. The VERY NEXT DAY, I stepped on the scale, and two pounds appeared!! The last two days have been the same thing--no gain, but no loss of those two pounds either! I have been 100% compliant with the program, AND drinking my 64 oz.

What the h-e-double toothpicks is going on? Why is my body hanging on to the very thing I want to get rid of??

I am trying not to live my life by the scale, but at the same time I don't want to go the other direction either. :brickwall:

I need some wisdom!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby VK » November 20th, 2003, 10:01 am

This is exactly the reason I don’t own a scale. :uhuh:

My doctor told me that with any extremely restricted calorie plan (diet, whatever) the first few weeks will me primarily water loss. It’s great to get that head start and have X number of pounds fall off, but if what my physician says is true, the real fat loss comes after the initial plunge. So as long as your clothes are still getting baggy and you’re seeing inches come off, try not to worry too much about what the scale says. You know you’re restricting caloric intake and you body knows that too, so it will respond and reward you with a tiny hiney.
VK

Postby Ellen » November 22nd, 2003, 10:59 am

Jeanette,
It is probably due to fluid/ electrolyte fluctuations. Either you were a little behind in the fluids during the first weigh-in, or holding on to some fluids for the subsequent weigh-ins. I have found that weight can vary as much as 3-4 pounds in the same day depending on how much water you are holding. For me, weighing in once a week eliminates some of those worries.

Trust the process, keep going and the weight WILL keep coming off. Not as fast as the first week, but it will come off.

Keep up the great work,
Ellen
Ellen
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » November 22nd, 2003, 12:28 pm

Hi Jeanette,
Sorry bout not getting to you sooner.

I'm sending Guido over to throw your scale out the window. He'll be checking in once a week to weigh you..... :-P
(not really)

My words of wisdom are, the plan works. Don't sweat the day to day stuff, stick to the plan, and by the end of the 1st month you'll be a very happy (and thinner) girl....

Keep on shakin'

:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to Weight Loss