What goes in... might come...

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What goes in... might come...

Postby explorthis » December 1st, 2003, 2:14 pm

Nancy wrote:If you have been on the Full Fast for a while, be VER-RY careful about what you put into your mouth today. If you have a big scoop of ‘taters with greasy gravy or some fatty dark thigh meat, or a big old blob of whoppin’ cream on a hunk of punkin’ pie, you could be spending a whole lotta time in another room whose initials are ‘B.R.’ and less time around the Thanksgiving Day table with your family.

Well... I prepared and began eating Salads in the evening, about 1 week before Thanksgiving, in anticipation of being able to mosey up to the trough with the group and eat bird. I had no intention of eating anything to get me in trouble, I have been consuming my shakes on a religious basis wih the ultimate goal in mind of loosing all this fat.

My Thanksgiving meal consisted of a few "dollups" of White Meat, stuffing, mashed taters and some gravy. I got these items and sat down. My plate was 1/10th the size it is normally on Thanksgiving in the past. I slowly ate and so enjoied EVERY bite. What a great treat. After finishing, and sitting a few mins, I felt the small urge to get a little more. I was not feeling full, nor was I feeling any remorse for eating the small portions I did, so I went up to the trough, and got a second helping (smaller than the first - the same items as round 1) Ate all of these, basically licked the plate clean, and was done. Felt no pain, bloating, or any problems. I had made it successfully thru this evening with the family.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA.......

Got home from the family's about 6:00pm, no problems. About 8:30 that nite I began to get a "muscle ache" in my back, the right side, just up from the bottom of the rib cage. Thought I had strained something. I had actually stripped the bird for Mom down to the bone, (this is a timely task)and had scavenged the wish bone for my daughter. This ache began to get a little annoying.

I went and took 3 Tylenol hoping this would go away (wrong). About 11:30 the pain had moved around from the back of my back to my front section, still just above the bottom of the rib cage. (not knowing yet, but this right in the intestenol track) I was in about the worst pain I had ever expierienced. I actually was getting up to get my wife and have her drive me to emergency. She had come into the bedroom where I was laying, and I explained what was happening. She thought it sounded like indegestion/gas. Naaa... could not be, I felt only muscle aches, not that feeling you get when eating too much, or stomach aches from eating too much. She offered to go to the market (11:45 now) and get me some Mylanta, I agreed. I had since moved to the couch in the living room, still in terrible pain. I was suffering sooo bad, I could not see straight. I WAS ILL! She got home with the Mylanta, no sooner had she spoon fed me the 3 teaspoons, I told her she had better get the small trash can - and QUICK

I let go (ick)

Soon as I was done, I was fine, almost perfect, felt like a 100# weight had been lifted from me. I fell asleep on the couch and finally about 1:45 went to bed. I awoke the next morning, 100% fine. No side effects, nothing feeling bad. I was cured.

My point is: listen to Nancy. There is a TRANSITION plan. I DID NOT follow it. I thought all I needed to do was eat a few slad greens and allow my stomach to feel food again, and I would be fine. Remember, I am MIKE, I need nothing, I am the all knowing. W-R-O-N-G.

I learned a very important lesson (lesson 2, 1st was my ta-kill-ya expierience) Transition is a very important part of the plan. You cannot just go hog wild and eat. THough I did not eat everything in sight, I did consume the wrong things on Thanksgiving.

Listen to Nancy, she knows her stuff.

Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

What goes out...

Postby Nancy » December 2nd, 2003, 12:44 am

Mikey...

Uh, oh. I am so so sorry that you had to experience IT. :puke:

I want you to know that I am not sitting here with a sly grin on my smug mug or even a hint of a smile regarding your horrible experience.

You will not hear from me, Hah! I told-ya-so you-old-so-and-so… :devious:

Your trash can experience is giving me the shivs. :uhuh:

Have I ever told ya that I have F.O.B.? *

As many of you may or may not know, I was a classroom teacher for many years.

There are two things that could strike fear in my heart: lice and trash can experiences.

Primarily I taught first and second grade. Annually on the first day of school I went into my teacher spiel which always included my special little talk about how I suffer from chronic F.O.B.*

Here’s part of Mrs. P’s first day of school speech…”if you ever feel like you are going to hurl, do not raise your hand, do not come by my desk, do not come over to the reading group, merely slip out of your chair and go directly to the B.R. [Bath Room], do not stop along the way. Once you are finished and have rinsed out your mouth with water and washed off your chinny chin chin, come directly to me and I will pat your little head, wipe your fevered brow, hug you close :hug: and call your Mommy or the school nurse… :pet:

Remember… Mrs. P. has F.O.B.”

Then I would sort of have a far-away look on my face. :scratchhead:

About this point in my little heart to heart talk with my classroom, a precious freckle-nosed little kid would raise his or her hand and say, “Teacher, what does F.O.B. mean anyway?”

I would carefully print the initials F.O.B. on the chalkboard in my perfect ball and stick penmanship. Then I would write out the three words, Fear of Barf.

I am a joiner. If you barf, I barf.

Mike, I hope that you are feeling fine now and have thoroughly studied the transition steps outlined in my November Newsletter and are making plans for gradually re-entering the trough filled with regular foods. I love ya, Man. :heart:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » December 2nd, 2003, 11:34 am

wheeew....I feel a little F.O.B. setting in.

Good lesson for everyone Mike. Maybe your post will spare others from driving the porcelin bus.
:redhead:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Return to The Weight Room