What am I doing????

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

What am I doing????

Postby Darlene » June 4th, 2004, 12:00 pm

Well everyone......I have just finished month 2 ......heading into month three. I was a shake fanatic for 1 month.....then last month I started modifying.....one meal a day plus supplements. The bad part is after modifying I haven't lost a pound! I know I should be doing shakes and thats it but for some reason I start convincing myself its ok as long as I don't gain! :x Then I remind myself I am wasting my money if I modify.....i need to go back to straight shakes. :twisted:
I haven't been this weight since before my pregnancy and i think my body got so used to carrying extra weight that I am scared at getting lower than what I am! Has anyone dealt with this issue before? Help :roll:
start date: 11/22/2004
189/180/130
Darlene
Newbie - #20 Club

Postby explorthis » June 4th, 2004, 1:25 pm

I was a shake fanatic for 1 month.....
started modifying
after modifying I haven't lost a pound
should be doing shakes and thats it
convincing myself its ok as long as I don't gain

Ok, this is me speaking out loud here, disagree, agree, your call – all of you, some of you, none of you. This is what I think! This is what Mike knew.

The reason above is EXACTLY why I chose the full fast, and nothing modified. I was not able to control what I ate. There is nothing wrong with either method. If you can eat a lean green (which I think you added more to than I am reading) or go full fast, this is your option.

My problem was eating everything, uncontrollably. I have started numerous diets. Ok, one small “trinket” will not hurt me, ok, just one more. Crap I screwed up, I’ll start again tomorrow. Ok, it’s Friday, I’ll just start over again Monday, I don’t want to go through this through the weekend. Well, it’s the 22nd of the month, I’ll just start fresh on the 1st of next month, and then next year etc. Any bells ringing? Perhaps not.

Honest Injun here, how many of you see yourselves here? What’s wrong with starting NOW, this minute? Who cares if the weekend is at your doorstep? There are thousands of weekends to come, when you’re in your bathing suits, and enjoying life as a loser. Weekends will still come after your loss, trust me.

I had no control. NO CONTROL. The only way I could do it was full fast. If nothing passes your lips, you cannot allow a small bite, or a large bite, or just starting over 100 times. I have spoken to quite a few of you off line, and I hear the same story over and over, Ok I will start again, and again, and again…

This is the weakness. You cannot gain control over this unless you commit 100% ONE-HUNDRED-PERCENT. If this means a lean/green, then so be it. If it means you have to go full fast, then so be it. It won’t happen unless you chose.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

tell me again how much I hate brownies

Postby Echo » June 4th, 2004, 2:46 pm

Cause there are brownies in the house, and this weekend is a big family get together to celebrate two graduations and a birthday. You all know what that means, food, and lots of it. :bib: I have been so good and am so close to the 20# mark. Since I kicked up the workouts with the eliptical and resistance I'm actually dizzy sometimes so I added another shake but, :twisted: hmmm... a brownie would be good with this.....NO, stop me! :hammerhead:

Well, there is always Monday... ;)

Echo
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Echo » June 6th, 2004, 5:37 pm

I stumbled but didn't fall. I had a few things off plan this weekend but only on Saturday, today I was right back on plan. I was faced with a bunch of junk, but told myself no cake, no chips, no cookies before I went and stuck with it.

It was fun to hang out with my family and friends and celebrate. Sugarless gum really helped me, I would have a piece then when I was offered something I didn't want I would say, no thanks, I am chewing gum. I made plans to go scuba diving in a few weeks too so I have to be good or I will have a too tight wetsuit and I don't want to be mistaken for an overstuffed sausage. :lol:

Even though I had a few things off plan I didn't lose control and binge, and I made a point of choosing things that were not completely terrible and in small amounts. I have three more pounds til the 20# club and I'm not going to backtrack now!
Echo
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Return to The Weight Room