What day are *you* on?

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

What day are *you* on?

Postby need2succeed » June 23rd, 2004, 12:08 pm

I'm on Day 3 and proud to be doing something about my weight! :D

Surprisingly I'm not hungry or anything. :o I refuse to weigh in until at least 4 months have gone by. Weighing in always seems to distract me for the worst (regardless of whether the numbers are good or bad).
need2succeed
Regular Member - #50 Club

Postby Ria » June 23rd, 2004, 12:17 pm

Hi!

Today is Day 29 for me! It is going great! No food craving yet! How can you wait 4 WHOLE MONTHS before you weigh in?!?!

184/172/130
Ria
Ria
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby justme » June 23rd, 2004, 12:28 pm

I am on day 8 :cleader:

Carli
Start Date June 15, 2004

253.5/247.5/140
justme

Postby Carrie » June 23rd, 2004, 12:29 pm

Yikes, I weigh 2x a day! I'd go stark raving mad!

Day 115 for me - and it's a doozy - I've had junk food on th brain all day! ARGH!
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » June 23rd, 2004, 12:30 pm

Howdy!

On Day 23 here! I remember Day 3! It seems just like yesterday! I've never felt so successful so fast on any other diet. These 23 days have just flown by. I'm weighing at the beginning of each month. Good for you you plan only weighing at the end of 4 months! That's control!

Here's to your success! :toast:
Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby need2succeed » June 23rd, 2004, 12:37 pm

Carrie wrote:Yikes, I weigh 2x a day! I'd go stark raving mad!

Day 115 for me - and it's a doozy - I've had junk food on th brain all day! ARGH!

Hi Carrie-- Are you on the full fast?
need2succeed

Postby Carrie » June 23rd, 2004, 12:42 pm

Mostly, yes. Occasionally I do a lean/green
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby MomJackieLee » June 23rd, 2004, 12:48 pm

Hawaii and I started at the same time. Day 23 for me too.
MomJackieLee
246/222/160
MomJackieLee
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Sylvia » June 23rd, 2004, 1:12 pm

I'm on day 51 and still going strong. I weigh every morning and find that either way the scale goes, I am motivated.
Sylvia

Postby explorthis » June 23rd, 2004, 2:24 pm

289 days, 6 hours, and 25 minutes ago (truth) as of this reply.

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby star85 » June 23rd, 2004, 4:40 pm

Hi!
Today is day 1 for me again. So far so good. I'm getting a little nervous about leaving for vacation in 12 days. I will be away for 6 weeks. I am putting in my order for my vacation supplies tonight. Not looking forward to seeing that total! Maybe spending that much money will give me incentive to stay on plan. I changed my goal to 5 pounds less becuase I remember feeling more comfortable in my clothes at that weight. When I weighed less than that I remember feeling like everything was always too big on me and hanging off me. 140 is just right for me. My husband likes a little bit of curves! I decided to try the full fast again because every time I try the modified I end up cheating. I just keep eating once I finish my modified meal. Tonight I grilled N.Y. Strip steaks on the grill with rice and veggie. My husband asked me if I was going to eat. I told him I am actually allowed to have some steak and veggies on this program, but I am a food addict and I now know that if I have some, I will go off plan again and just keep eating. I also told him the reason why I'm on a program like this one is because I need to seperate myself from food right now until I can control my weight and get back down to a normal weight. The reason all the other diets I've tried in the past didn't work for me was because I am addicted to food right now ( for comfort, when stressed, etc.) Me going on a diet plan that tells you you can only eat so much a day to lose weight is like telling an alcoholic he/she can over come their addiction to alcohol by only having so many drinks a day. Can't happen! Well thanks for letting me ramble a little bit. Hope it made some sense to some of you. I haven't taken the time to ramble on in this forum for a long while. Wish me good luck and good luck to all of you! Taking it one day at a time.

Kelyn
star85
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » June 23rd, 2004, 5:19 pm

What DAY am I on? :scratch: You know, I never counted the days, just the weeks, but I don't even do that anymore. I've truly lost count! But that's the way I prefer it, or else I'll start averaging out the weightloss and get 'bummed out'.

I now choose to take it one day at a time. I can do anything for a day. I just want this full fast to be a very real, very simple way of life--without all the 'mind games' my body played with my brain. The goal is not to see how much weight I lose in any given stretch of time now, but, rather, to just make it through the day staying true to myself and to the MF plan until I make it to 'Thinville'--and I AM going to make it to 'Thinville'. I don't weigh every week any longer either. Although, I did summon up the courage to step on the scale this morning to see how much damage my trek into insanity on Sunday did. I was surprised to see that I was DOWN 4 ounces from what the weight on the forum presently indicates. Go figure. . .

My husband and I have hit the gym every day after work for the past two weeks. I've joined (albeit, at first, kicking and screaming) the step aerobic class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and tomorrow will be my first day of 'circuit training' added to the treadmill or stair-stepper on the other days of the work week. But, always--ALWAYS--20 glorious minutes of sitting in a dimly-lit, 160-degree sauna afterwards. It's a surprisingly awesome environment for prayer! Anyway, after the heat of the sauna, when we walk out into the Texas sun, it feels like a cool Autumn day.

We each have to walk this MF path in a way that is best for us, good buddies. This way seems to be much more peaceful for me personally.

Have I told you guys lately how much I appreciate each and every one of you?

I do, you know.

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby need2succeed » June 24th, 2004, 2:54 pm

star85 wrote:Hi!
I decided to try the full fast again because every time I try the modified I end up cheating. .. I told him I am actually allowed to have some steak and veggies on this program, but I am a food addict and I now know that if I have some, I will go off plan again and just keep eating. I also told him the reason why I'm on a program like this one is because I need to seperate myself from food right now until I can control my weight and get back down to a normal weight. The reason all the other diets I've tried in the past didn't work for me was because I am addicted to food right now ( for comfort, when stressed, etc.) Me going on a diet plan that tells you you can only eat so much a day to lose weight is like telling an alcoholic he/she can over come their addiction to alcohol by only having so many drinks a day. Can't happen!

I can SO relate. Something tells me that this plan would be ridiculously hard for me if I were on the modified plan. With the shakes only, there is absolutely NO confusion--food is not allowed. Whereas, if I were on the modified I can picture myself trying to convince myself that "such and such a fast food" is not that much different than the recommended lean meat and veggies.
need2succeed

Postby need2succeed » June 24th, 2004, 2:58 pm

Landylue wrote:What DAY am I on? :scratch: You know, I never counted the days, just the weeks, but I don't even do that anymore. I've truly lost count! But that's the way I prefer it, or else I'll start averaging out the weightloss and get 'bummed out'.

That's exactly why I will not weigh in. I was about to buy a huge wall calendar to "X" off my completed days and when I began to calculate just how long I'd be on the full fast (120+ days) it was so overwhelming. I had to just push the thought out my mind and not think about it. Also, my mind is coming up with all these visions of how much thinner I should be by such and such a time. In a month, I might not have lost 20 lbs, but I'm hoping that by 4 month's time--I will definately have lost a good amount of weight.
need2succeed

Postby explorthis » June 24th, 2004, 3:46 pm

to calculate just how long I'd be on the full fast (120+ days) it was so overwhelming

I like math… I have no idea how old you are, and this is not my point. I was on the full fast for about 120 days (something in common with you) I want to make a point about time in life.

I am 42 (pushing 43) Lets assume, since I was a pretty cubby tike, I have been overweight for 40 years.

40 years = 14,600 days

14,600 days of being overweight. Of course, as a toddler I would not understand what overweight was, all I wanted was the food!!! (hear me whining?) So let’s assume peer pressure came into play when I was 10 (for conversation) and needed “gasp” HUSKEE SIZE! 42-10=32 years of consciously being overweight.

32 years x 365 days = 11,700 days (rounded)

Now lets divide that 120 days of death defying Medifast (gasp – the thought of 120 LONG days) into 11,700 days….. Anyone?

1/10 of 1% of my life THUS far was spent on Medifast. Anyone bad with math? That is the same as taking 10 cents out of $100 for your Medifast time…

Yes, I did it. Yes I achieved Medifast glory, for the first time in my life. My point (don’t I always have a point?) is, it is such a short time to lose the weight, why drag it out, why cheat, why take a break, only to start all over again?

Anyone?

Ya know, after re-reading this, I am gonna slap my Mom when I see her, for allowing me to get so out of control. 11,000 wasted days.
She can call the AARP.

-Mike
explorthis

Next

Return to Weight Loss