What Can I consume????

We will be adding links and answers to some of the more common questions here. Check here before posting to see if your question has already been answered.

Postby Nancy » July 27th, 2005, 10:38 am

Yup. Ditto.

On :shades: hot days, there's nothing better than a shake made in a Magic Bullet or the good old blender.

:shades: It is refreshing and helps me keep my cool.

It's all about the cool... :kool:

and the thinny... :ukulele:
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Replacements....

Postby kellymedi » July 27th, 2005, 10:39 am

Thanks for the info. So let me get this straight. If I'm not going to have a L & G have another replacement. Making that a total of 6 for the day. So it's ok to go that far below 850 calories? Does it not put your body in the starvation mode and slow down the weight loss instead of help? 6 replacements would only be 580 - 600 a day. Just want to make sure because I'd rather do the complete fast the majority of the time but don't want to slow down the loss.
Thanks
kellymedi
Newbie - #10 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » July 27th, 2005, 11:34 am

Hi Kelly and welcome to the forum,

Any diet under 800 calories is considered a VLCD (very low calorie diet) and should be closely monitored by a physician.

As TSFL health advisors, we cannot recommend you go under 800 without supervision.

Some of our members here do switch from the full fast to modified 5-1 during the week, but that's totally their decision and we hope they work with their doctor's.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Full Fast Thanks...

Postby kellymedi » July 27th, 2005, 11:54 am

Thank you for the information. I believe what I'll do after reading several post that if I decide to go full fast on days that I don't have time, etc. I'll do 6 replacements and if I end up still hungry I'll drink a shake.
kellymedi
Newbie - #10 Club

Why 3 shakes????

Postby Mschueller » October 3rd, 2005, 7:32 pm

Hi, I' m new to this program I started the program on Thursday 9/29 and I have lost 7 lbs already. Can anyone tell me what is the difference if I eat the meal replacement (supplements) instead of the shakes? I really don't like the taste of them but I like the chili especially with the addins that I got from lean cuisine. It tastes great now! Will using meal replacements instead of the shake affect my weight loss? Thanks, Michelle
Mschueller
First Post

Postby Unca_Tim » October 3rd, 2005, 8:06 pm

Hi Michelle,
The 3 shake rule was dropped a few months ago in an announcement by Dr. Anderson, the medical director of TSFL. There should be no difference in your weight loss, no matter what combination of meal replacements you use.

There is some "heart healthy" benefits you may lose by not having 3 shakes which use soy protein whereas some of the other meal replacements dont use or have as much soy.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Nancy » October 4th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Michelle ~

One other comment here - the Medifast 55 and the 70 shakes have the highest percentage of soy content compared to the other products.

Soy is a natural appetite suppressant - for many it staves off hunger longer than the whey-based drinks and perhaps longer than the soups.

You may choose any combination of products you prefer - we know of a person who lost 34 pounds eating nothing but 5 packets of chocolate puddin' and a lean and green a day!

If you love that chili and it is working for you - have at it! :bib:
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

What about salad dressing

Postby jujubeee » October 31st, 2005, 8:59 am

What is considered "low fat" and "low carb" for the salad dressing. The one I like is 9g carbs and 2g fat. I'm afraid that is too high. Any recomendations for a good thousand island dressing?
jujubeee

Postby Lisa Renee » November 7th, 2005, 8:59 am

What's the verdict on soy sauce? How much can we have per day and is this considered a regular condiment? i did a search here on the forum, but it pulled up a lot "soy" words that weren't related to soy sauce..

Thanks!
Lisa Renee
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby SueInSLO » January 7th, 2006, 5:46 pm

Question!

If you are NOT a vegetarian, can you still substitute eggs a couple times of week in place of chicken, fish, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Sue
SueInSLO
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Nancy » January 31st, 2006, 7:27 am

Sure.

Sometimes I have one hard boiled egg and 3.5 ounces of shrimp or crab on a small green salad.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby Nancy » January 31st, 2006, 11:07 am

The Verdict on the soy sauce...I use the lite stuff or water down the regular kind. I have edema in my leg from the years of obesity and several foot surgeries that required a tourniquet on my lower leg for a long while so I don't use soy sauce daily and I drink a poolful of :water: water when I have it...if you are not-sodium restricted by your doc, use in moderation as it may cause water retention. And then when that happens, we go :nana: cwazy if the scale moves northward…
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Making Shakes Tastier and Soups More Filling

Postby Tampa girl » April 10th, 2006, 7:07 am

I'm on the 5 and 1 Plan, and I was definitely having trouble with the "yucky" taste of the Medifast shakes. So, about a half hour before I'm due for a shake, I mix it and put into a small shallow bowl and place it in my freezer (at home or at work). In about 30-45 minutes, it makes a nice, thick, and much better tasting treat -- sort of an ice-creamy pudding. I enjoy them. Also, I found that the soups and chili were not filling enough for supper, so I started mixing in a cooked, crumbled Boca Burger -- they are very low fat soy burgers that come in a variety of flavors. The result is more of a stew and is usually filling enough that I don't even want the Medifast bar in the evening -- which I didn't enjoy that much anyway. So far, these adjustments have me losing 2-4 lbs a week, and not feeling hungry or deprived. :)
Tampa girl

MF Condiment Limitations

Postby MedifastUser » April 18th, 2006, 9:42 am

Just saw this on <snip>no urls - Mr. Snippy</snip> and thought I would share with everyone:

CONDIMENT LIMITATIONS
Sugar-Free Syrups - 4 Tbsp
Lemon Juice - 4 Tbsp
Sweetners - 10 Pckts
Ketchup - 1 to 2 tsp
Mustard - 1 to 2 tsp
BBQ Sauce - 1 to 2 tsp
Vinegar - 1 to 2 Tbsp
Olive/Canola Oil - 1 to 2 Tbsp
Cocktail Sauce - 1 to 2 Tsp

If you have any questions, please send an email to
<snip>no email addys please - Mr. Snippy</snip>
MedifastUser

Postby MARIE » June 28th, 2006, 5:29 pm

Okay, there is a wealth of helpful info. here-thanks, as I am brand new and haven't started as the first order is in the mail...I am trying to be as knowledgeable as possible! I do have one question as I ahve seen a few conflicting facts on this--is Crystal Light iced tea okay in unlimited quantity? Can it replace a little of the 64 ounces of water or should be in addition to if desired? Thanks!
MARIE
Trusted Member - #20 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)