Weekends

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Weekends

Postby wildtrk » April 22nd, 2006, 7:38 pm

Does anyone else here hate weekends as much as I do when they are on a diet? I can do so good through the week but weekends kill me with temptation. So far I have done well last weekend and today. But my spouse is travelling and I am home with the kids. There is more food in the housr than I know what to do with! I hate it! Can't wait for Monday morning to come...Is that sick or what!
wildtrk
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Shana » April 22nd, 2006, 7:49 pm

lol that IS pretty sick - be glad you don't work from home, because it's almost like every day is the weekend (or is it that every day is like a weekday? hmm).
Anyway, you (and all of the other parents who have temptations around because of family members) have my sympathy! You can make it though! Post a lot & email me if you need extra support - you can do it!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana

Postby wildtrk » April 22nd, 2006, 7:53 pm

Thanks Shana I just may take you up on the offer.
wildtrk

Postby supermom » April 22nd, 2006, 8:09 pm

Yes, that is sick. Just pretend like everything gives you diarhea. That is what I do. Then, I am not tempted one little bit!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Mom23 » April 23rd, 2006, 6:13 am

Just pretend like everything gives you diarhea

:roflmao: too funny!

I just keep telling myself over & over: Nothing tastes as good as thin feels, nothing tastes as good as thin feels...

Other strategies: I leave the kitchen, drink more water :guzzle: , and sometimes get on the computer :puter: and just read posts here OR I have a stack of catalogs in the family room and I open them up :pagesturn: and make that conscious decision that if I want to buy the clothes that I like, I have to lose the weight first. :nonono: Eating the temptations will not help me get into the pretty clothes I want. :dance:
Bobbi
RE-start date: 10/27/06 (33lbs lost; 12 gained=21 lost on MF prior to re-start)
Mom23
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » April 23rd, 2006, 8:49 am

It's really hard. Right before I started this, I purged our house from all junkfood. My kids 10, 7 & 4 hated me for about 2 weeks, but they adapted. Now they ask for grapes or an apple for snack. Not chips, or fruit rollups or icecream. I tell you not having the tempting stuff in my house has helped me so much. I work out of my house so I'm home alot.

I have internal(sometimes outloud) conversations with myself to get through sometimes. People might think I'm crazy, but it keeps me on track. It's like I'm playing a constant self help tape, but it's my voice like this..."Jen, you do not need that! You've worked too hard to mess it up now!....etc"

Good Luck.
FluffyNoMore

Postby lifelovinaries » April 23rd, 2006, 10:03 am

Wildtrk, I know EXACTLY how you feel, I posted in the roll call today stating that I am actually GLAD to return to work this coming week (after having a week off). It's much easier for me to stick to plan while working. I vowed in the beginning that when I wanted to cheat, i would just log on and read posts or just say hi. If I had done that this past week, I would have been on the computer 24 hours a day. :mrgreen: Either way, hang in there and just know that we are all here to support and help in anyway we can.

restart: 01/04/10
lifelovinaries
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Arklahoma » April 23rd, 2006, 2:44 pm

Stay strong, Wildtrk ... I know you can do it!

Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby summerblue » April 23rd, 2006, 6:56 pm

I limited the amount of 'kids' food we have in the house, they've always been big fruit eaters so now I just buy MORE of that.

It's strange, but issue isn't 'snacking' it's just over eating at meals.

Here's what I used to do:

No breakfast just a Starbucks (we call it 5Bucks) Coffee - the you know, VENTI CARMEL MACCHIATO

Lunch: Mexican food - like pretty much a full dinner with waaay too many chips and salsa and cheese and tortillas

Dinner: Just too large helpings =- probably ate enough for 3

Snack: 4 Oreo's and 1/2 glass of milk OR Ice Cream

**And anytime there was a 'treat' at work, cookies, etc... I'd eat WAAAY too many of those!

My only real 'snack' was the night time one. But I know what you mean about the WEEKENDS, it throws me off! But i'm getting better!

Here's to us (Tipping my class of water with a lemon wedge) :-P
.......Mara
Start Date: September 17, 2006!!!!

DH also on MF, Kids Are 12 and 10 - and of course OAKLEY the dog :-)
summerblue
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby mamabear » April 23rd, 2006, 7:03 pm

Yes! I find the weekends the hardest too! For me during the week it is easy because it's just me and my 2 year old son during the day and then I work 4-10pm. I can't eat what I don't bring to work so it's easy. When I worked days I used to snack soooo much at night. I have so much more time on my hands over the weekend and I used to eat a lot during that time-so weekends are a challenge! :mrgreen:
mamabear

Postby bzlife1967 » April 23rd, 2006, 10:33 pm

Im exactly the opposite, The weekends are so easy for me, Im always busy around here and often find myself saying.. "Oh crap, its time to eat again". At work on the other hand people are always munching on stuff and offering me some, and when Im stressed or on a deadline I want to munch.

I also like the weekends cuz I have my blender, extracts and syrups handy to make the shakes more yummy. If you need something to help you get thru the weekend you can come help me tile my kitchen backsplash!! LOL Just an idea.

Geri
Friends are angels that lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly!
Highest 289
MF 250/216/150
Restart 02/27/07
bzlife1967

Postby ktrout » April 24th, 2006, 3:50 am

Whenever I get the urge to eat something bad I head to either my workshop or outside to work on something. Anything to get me out of the general vicinity of food. My wife likes this because I've completed a bunch of little projects that have been half-done forever. The folks at Home Depot and Lowes also like this because I've spent alot of time, and money in both those places since January. So far it's been a real win/win for everyone.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby FluffyNoMore » April 24th, 2006, 6:20 am

ktrout wrote:Whenever I get the urge to eat something bad I head to either my workshop or outside to work on something. Anything to get me out of the general vicinity of food. My wife likes this because I've completed a bunch of little projects that have been half-done forever. The folks at Home Depot and Lowes also like this because I've spent alot of time, and money in both those places since January. So far it's been a real win/win for everyone.

I'm going to suggest this to my dh.... his "Honey Do" list just keeps growing and growing. :)
FluffyNoMore

Postby wildtrk » April 24th, 2006, 6:44 am

bzlife1967 wrote:If you need something to help you get thru the weekend you can come help me tile my kitchen backsplash!! LOL Just an idea.

Got my own "Honey Do" list Thank you very much :lol:

ktrout - I understand about Lowe's and HD. In the past 12 months each of those chains has opened a store up in my area. Literally less than a 5 minute drive.

BTW...I am back at work this morning and all is right in the MF world. I survived the weekend with my diet plan intact and NO cheating.
327/247/199
MF Start Date 4/14/06
10# - 4/26 40# - 5/25 70# - 7/27
20# - 5/04 50# - 6/18 80# - 8/31
30# - 5/15 60# - 7/1

New Start Date 1/22/10
Starting weight 355/345/199
10# - 2/2/10

"How long does getting thin take?" Pooh asked anxiously.
wildtrk

Postby Shana » April 24th, 2006, 9:30 am

wooohoooo!!!!
Way to go Wild! I'm so glad you made it through the weekend unscathed!

Start Date: Thursday April 6th, 2006
Age 27
Height 5'2 (and 1/4, thank you very much!)
Shana

Next

Return to The Weight Room