weariness

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

weariness

Postby Me » January 20th, 2004, 8:26 pm

I started this diet on Sunday because I heard that you feel horrible your first few days and, as my scedual at work isn't set, I didn't have to be back until Wed. However I go back tomorrow and don't get a rest (literally) until Sun at the least which is an unknown at the moment. My problem is I have 'spurts of engery' as my mom puts it, but once they are done I'm absolutly beat. I'm sure this is just my obstinate body objecting to not getting junk food. But I have a very active job. I'm in and out the doors all day long, only sitting when I get my 30 min lunch break. Any idea on how I can keep my engery from draining tomorrow? I work 3pm -9pm tomorrow, not too long. But Friday I work 12 - 8, on my feet and moveing the whole time. That is really the day I'm starting worry about. Can't afford to get tired half way through the day.

So can anyone help?
Honnah
Start Date: 1/18/04
165/154/130
Me

Postby Unca_Tim » January 21st, 2004, 9:39 am

Hi me,
I know it will be hard, but if you can keep fuelin' up every 3 hours you should be able to get away from the "spurts" of energy you've been experiencing and be able to develop a pattern of continuous energy.

With your busy schedule and level of activity, you shouldn't have a problem adding an extra shake or two. Medifast is already a low calorie plan, and you should have no problem burning off any extra calories.

Remember that it's not only the calories of this plan that allows you to lose weight. It's the balance of everything. One of the most important keys is consistant feeding of the right balance of foods. This keeps your body constantly satisfied with everything it needs, so that it doesn't go into the storage mode.

So try to get those meals every 3 hours. Add an extra or two meals if you need to keep your energy up and you should be just fine.

Keep us posted,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby finalstraw » January 21st, 2004, 9:48 am

I will help "Me" explain her situation a little better, she works at a grocery store, they will not let her just walk away from the registers and take her drink. What do you do when you know that it is beyond your control to eat or drink every 3 hours.

Should she drink 2 shakes before work, eat a lunch, then 2 when she comes home?

(a concerned Mom)
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 21st, 2004, 10:08 am

She doesn't get breaks? It's against the law if she doesn't....
:)
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

well...

Postby Me » January 21st, 2004, 11:11 am

I do get a 15 or 30 min break when I work 5 hours or more. That is what th law here requires. But those days where I work 8 hours I'll get a 30 min break, which is no prob to take a shake, however I have to park at the back of the parking lot and usually don't go out to my car (where I keep all my stuff) because it takes about 10 min just to get there, unlock the car, and all that good stuff. So I usually just chill in the store and talk to people. And I keep all my stuff out there cause I'm not exactly advertiseing what I'm doing. No one except my mom and dad know I'm doing this, not even my closest friends. But I'll deffinately try to get a shake in when I can. Thanks for your help. :-P
Honnah
165/154/130
Me

Re: well...

Postby explorthis » January 21st, 2004, 11:28 am

Me wrote:I do get a 15 or 30 min break when I work 5 hours or more.

And I keep all my stuff out there cause I'm not exactly advertiseing what I'm doing. No one except my mom and dad know I'm doing this, not even my closest friends.

Uh, Tim actually got me some of the Medifast in those little "juice boxes" I mean little, I could put one in my pocket if necessary. (These are actually pretty neat) I know for a fact that there HAS to be a minute "lull" or so every now and then. Why not keep one or two at the checkstand, and poke the attached straw in it during that lull? It takes about 30 seconds start to finish to shake/poke/drink it, and it does not even have to be refrigerated.

This would solve the "walk to the car" and the "mix and shake" for the traditional Medifast.....

??

-Mike
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Me » January 21st, 2004, 11:54 am

That might solve it, but I'm not allowed to eat or drink when I'm on the clock. lull or not. I work up front at the store, in full view of the customer. Nor would I want to really, I don't want anyone to know what I'm doing until there is noticable results. If I had them I could prob keep them in my locker for those days I get a 15 min break. If I got one.
Honnah
165/154/130
Me

Postby Jeanette » January 21st, 2004, 11:59 am

Honnah:

Present it to your manager as a MEDICAL necessity. If you were a diabetic or pregnant, they couldnt deny you eating or drinking when you need it for your health. I think they may be more willing to accomodate you if you present it this way.

If all else fails...slurp it in the ladies room :(

When there's a will...there's relatives.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Me » January 21st, 2004, 12:32 pm

I'll figure out something. But I don't want to lie to my manager. I like him too much. He is a great boss and I might talk to him about it. I know he lets one of our older cashiers to drink water and take her medicen on the job. So I'll talk to him about it. Thanks guys for the suggestions.
Honnah
165/154/130
Me

Postby Jeanette » January 21st, 2004, 12:46 pm

I don't see it as a lie, personally but...you are an adult (or pretty close to it!), you can make your own decision.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Me » January 21st, 2004, 9:07 pm

Well, luckily I didn't have that problem today. I was at work and no more tired than usual. lol. I thank you all for your replys, is it posible it was just a strange sideeffect of the drastic change in diet?
Honnah
165/154/130
Me

Postby Unca_Tim » January 21st, 2004, 10:22 pm

Hi Honnah,
You should find the strange side effect as increased energy throughout the day. Just try to keep fuelin' up as regularly as possible. As long as you keep fuel in the tank, your energy should be at it's peak.

Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby sher » January 21st, 2004, 10:34 pm

I went to Kmart tonight...and bought those little plastic bottles with the straw in them...try doing that...then...the night before, make all 3 shakes, and stick in the frig...they will be really cold....stick them in your purse, buy a BIG purse or tote if you don't have one....then you have 3 shakes, at your disposal...and yes....TAKE THEM TO THE RESTROOM WITH YOU....wow..they won't even let you have a bottled water at your station?? Now when its summer, you can get those gel bags, that you freeze to keep stuff cold...stick those in that tote....they are not wet, and they work....keep a bar in your POCKET.....just in case...now you have 4 of your 5 meals for the day....THAT will work...just know it....then you can go home after your pooped, and have a wonderful bowl of soup and crackers....YUMMY....see....we are here to HELP....I just KNOW this will work for you..good luck, let us know how it goes...you DON't have to tell your boss....let it be a SURPRISE....

Sher
starting again at 196
going for white pants AGAIN...lol....
goal - when I LOOK and FEEL good

God bless us all
Sherry
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby SneezyKitten » January 22nd, 2004, 4:05 am

Honnah, I have a similar problem at school. I have one particular class that is almost three hours long and we get only a 5 minute break. I am doing the same thing as Mike suggested. The little ready-to-drink boxes are about the size of a juice box and have a straw with them. I have tiny hands, but I am able to hold the box in such a way that I cover the "Medifast" logo and I get one down on the break of that class. It has been a real life saver!

I have also tried (oh I wish I remember who suggested this originally!) cutting a bar in to TINY pieces and keeping them in a plastic baggy in my pocket. Then it is ready to pop piece by piece in to your mouth when you are on that break and walking around chatting with co-workers. Heeeheee.....I had to fend someone off yesterday, she thought it was a candy bar and I am NOT sharing any of my precious few calories!!!!!!

Don't let a job (especially not when you are young and unlikely to make this your career) get in the way of your progress. There ARE ways to make it work! You seem like such a bright girl, I am certain you will find a way to make it work!
SneezyKitten
Regular Member - #10 Club

Return to Weight Loss