vcille

1 Thread per registered User.

vcille

Postby vcille » May 17th, 2008, 12:36 pm

WEll here is my first journal.

I am 33, 2 darling kids, and a dear husband. I teach 2nd grade- only 7 more school days! Woohoo. I love my job but am ready for this year to be done.

I've been doing MF since end of Jan. I've lost 16 lbs. I want to lose another 5-10. I did MF faitfully for 3 wks then fell off the wagon- BUT I didn't gain a pound in that time. I really maintained. Now I'm back on again because dh started. I'm really proud of him.

Funny thing, he actually said..... "You were right" I nearly fell out of my chair. He didn't believe me that the fourth day would be better but it was and he's lost about 10 lbs in 4 days. I've lost 4.

I'm still hungry but it's getting better. It's also better to have my clothes feel looser at the end of the day- not tighter.
vcille
vcille

Postby vcille » May 19th, 2008, 3:46 am

well the weekend's come and gone and I feel okay. I'm still having trouble with 100 percent compliance. I weigh 150 and am 5'9 , my BMI is in the healthy range. So I keep going back and forth to -hey I want to look GREAT in that swimsuit to -hey I'm happy with where I am. BUT we go on vacation in a month and I know that if I follow MF faitffully this month then I will def be at the GREAT end. IS that just vanity???

Anyway, vince is doing very well. He's lost 2 notches in his belt and said that this really makes him want to keep it up. I'm sooo proud of him. We even ate out twice this weekend and we both managed to stay OP while there.

I think the worse thing about my going off plan is that -one it's just a few bites so not even worth it and two i'm trying to keep him from knowing it- so i feel like i'm being decietful.

Well off to the final week in school (YEAH!)

vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby Diana » May 19th, 2008, 12:28 pm

Hey, Vicki! Happy end of the school year!!

No, it's not vanity. Taking care of yourself and striving to be as healthy and fit as you can is not a selfish act.

Those little nibbles here and there may be why you're hungry, though. Try cutting them out and striving for 100% compliance. If you're still hungry, it could be extra stomach acid, so something like a Pepcid might help.

On the other hand, you may be ready for the maintenance plan. I've know several people in your position for whom simply going straight to maintenance and living Dr. Andersen's BeSlim philosophy was all they needed.

Tell Vince we're collectively celebrating his success and are tickled he's on this journey!!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby vcille » May 19th, 2008, 2:21 pm

thanks Di- today is better 100 % compliance so far.

I'm assuming on maintenance- I woudn't lose just .... maintain thus maintance? I've decided to go for the last 10!

Now to make it through the evenings.....
vcille
vcille

Postby cydj21 » May 19th, 2008, 6:32 pm

Hi there! :D I am glad you're here with us.

I encourage you to push for the last 10 if you feel it is important to your health and outlook. At 5'9" it seems to me that 140 will work out to be a great weight for you, although I am certainly no expert. I often find myself tempted to let myself off the hook early because I feel/look so much better than I did, but I know that getting to that ultimate goal for me will be best.

Looking forward to sharing in your journey! I am really glad your husband is on plan with you. How much is he hoping to lose?
Cyd
Highest Weight - 271lbs in 2006
cydj21
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby vcille » May 20th, 2008, 4:57 am

Thanks. Yes I'm trying but I still "cheated" last night. IT's something about after supper...... I even have a MF meal saved for that snack but I keep making not so great choices BUT today is a new day and I'm going to find a way to over come those late night temptations. For so long , food is just a comfort esp when my kiddos get to bed and vince is not here... It's like ahhhh I can eat in peace.... but I need to do something else in peace.... lol

He wants to lose about 50. He is solid muscle -except his gut. He's a lineman so that extra 50 is really putting strain on his knees. I'm just so proud of him. He even told me last night to call his mom and tell her we were taking out to eat for her birthday (I usually make enchiladas) so that we can go somewhere where we can both make good choices.

vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby Diana » May 20th, 2008, 11:09 pm

Hey, Vicki --

Speaking as a Certified Health Coach here, when folks need to lose 15 pounds or fewer, the standard recommendation is to go straight on the maintenance plan. Yes, the name sounds like you're standing still, weight-wise. Don't be deceived. I think Dr. Andersen also calls it Phase II or Phase III. People still lose weight that way. The weight loss is slower than the 5&1 because you never get into the serious fat burning state in Maintenance (or Phase Whatever), but as long as you're sticking to the BeSlim guidelines, it works! It's still considered "on program."

Anyhoo. . . you know your body best, so stick with what's working for you! :)

Enjoy the night out! What an awesome man!! Go get 'em, you two!! :stroll:
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana

Postby vcille » May 21st, 2008, 4:15 am

Ok wow. I think that is what I will do then. With the maintenance plan, is it ok to exercise?? I mean do I have to wait until my three weeks are up?
vcille
vcille

Postby vcille » May 24th, 2008, 3:34 pm

Well okay the maintenance plan isn't working. The scale hasn't budged. So I think I'm going back to 5 & 1 at least until vacation on June 20th.

Vince is doing great!! He had to work all day Tuesday , Tuesday night, and Wendnesday. Then he worked all day Thursday, Thursday night, Friday and Friday night. He did go off plan some but still made healthy choices so I'm proud of him. He def. lost weight.

Life here is crazy at the moment .I'm having some health problems- endometriosis that is aggravated by strenous activity. SImply lifting something heavy will start the pain and it won't go away-even with prescrip. meds. So I have an appt. Wednesday with my doctor.

I'm still struggling to stay on plan. I don't know really what my problem is. I normally don't have a problem sticking to things. I also don't have a problem maintaining- it's the losing part.... Well, tonight and tomorrow are another day so praying I can get through them and get back on track.

Vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby vcille » May 27th, 2008, 10:56 am

Well, here we go. Day 1 again!

My sisters and my mother are doing MF too and today was the first day for all except mom. Well one sis has done really well on MF and is the one who got me started.

We have a little side deal going. We each contributed 25 dollars to a gift card and we'll split or give to whoever stays compliant the next 3 wks.
Knowing they're counting on me to do my part really helps.

i'm a bit frustrated with dh- he keeps skipping meals and if I don't fix his MF he just goes without. I'm willing to help anyway I can but at some point he has to do for himself as well.

So far today I'm pretty hungry but just telling myself I can do anything for 2-3 hours.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby cydj21 » May 27th, 2008, 1:39 pm

I love the idea of the gift card! We have a small side bet here at the office along those same lines. For those of us who play the game, our goal is to work out for a minimum of 20 - 30 minutes each morning before work. If you skip, you have to contribute $1 to a jar that is split in equal ways at the end of the week, with only those people who did not have to pay into the jar reaping any of the benefits. It's funny how that $1 can get you up and moving in the morning! :D
Cyd
cydj21

Postby vcille » May 27th, 2008, 1:46 pm

that is a great idea!! Well, I would not have made it so far today except I knew that I would have to report into them!!
vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby vcille » May 29th, 2008, 7:38 am

TOday is day 3 of my restart and it is so much better since I'm not cheating- go figure :) It really helps since basically my whole family is doing it.

I went to the dr yesterday for pain and right now he is trying an anitbiotic= so praying that is it because if it's not it proably means surgery.

MY countertops arrive today!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah I' m so excite. I've been about a month with no water in my kitchen. (We're doing a complete remodel) So now I'm just waiting for them to call me! I can't wait.

Trying to plan ahead for vacation. I know it won't be complete compliance but I don't want to go crazy either. If I can lose 8 lbs before then then I would be ready for maintenance.

I hope everyone has a great day!
vicki
vcille
vcille

Postby cydj21 » May 29th, 2008, 1:54 pm

Oh goodness! That long with a torn up kitchen sounds painful. Congratulations on the new countertops! :D
Cyd
cydj21

Postby vcille » May 29th, 2008, 5:54 pm

Thanks! but my motto has been- it will be worth it!!!

and it is, they are beautiful :)
vcille
vcille

Next

Return to My Journal