vanilla pudding

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

vanilla pudding

Postby Diana » July 7th, 2008, 11:08 pm

I know this should probably be in Lean Cuisine, but thought I'd put it here just to be rebellious and difficult.

I'd sing for you an Ode to Medifast Vanilla Pudding, but it'd take my attention away from the rapture and force me to focus on such mundane elements as rhyme and tempo. No, no.

I'm tellin' ya, just like the chocolate pudding saved me in Month 2, and the mint chocolate crack spurred me on with Hulagirl and DeDe sometime after that, the vanilla pudding and its versatility are my new Nirvana.

I mentioned to Nancy last fall or winter that I was trying to recreate a lemon chiffon something and was dissatisfied with the results I was getting with both pure lemon extract and lemon juice. Nancy recommended I try Real Lemon -- a product she shared with us on one of our travels. Luckily, our Raley's still carried it for a time.

I'd tried my usual "fixes" along with it -- pinch of salt, packet or two of Splenda, some vanilla extract perhaps -- but it still wasn't coming out right. Then, in frustration, I simply used one of the True Lemon packets without anything else to see if I could taste what was missing. And I found it. NOTHING. Nothing else was missing! Truly, less is more.

So, now I've got lemon chiffon and key lime anytime I want! And, if I want the ice cream version, I simply freeze it! I've GLADLY passed up chocolate cake (the old self's absolute weakness) knowing I was coming home to one of these. And we just received our True "fruit" in the mail, this time with True Orange. 50/50 bars, here we come!

But wait! That's not all!! A little Torrani and the world is a different vanilla place entirely! Still not my favorite compared with the True Lemon/True Lime experience, but worth mentioning. Although the strawberry still hasn't impressed me, the SF almond roca, coconut (can you say coconut cream pie???), caramel, you name it. . .mmmmm

Want a crust? Save your snack, crunch up an entire packet of Medifast multigrain crackers and sprinkle it on top. Seriously! All the crust you need even if it is more carbs than one really ought have in a medimeal (perhaps forego the bar that day, guys).

My newest favorite summer time frozen treat, though, is the rootbeer freeze! Ice, diet rootbeer and a packet of Medifast vanilla pudding in the blender! I can't wait to try the float -- freeze the vanilla pudding, put it in a tall frosty mug, and pour the rootbeer over the top. Come to mama!
Here's to our mutual success! :buddies: --Diana
Diana
Preferred Member - #120 Club

Postby Mike » July 8th, 2008, 10:25 am

I'm tellin' ya, she's lovin' the program.

For me, I can't thank Jo (I think it was Jo) for mentioning SF caramel in the cappuccino. I used to think the stuff was horrid, but now I love it. I have it in the chai also... totally made a difference. Now my decisions are much harder as to what to have... do I have oatmeal, scrambled eggs, cappuccino, chai latte, soup, bar, RTD, antioxidant shake .... the list just goes on and on.

:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby rodeomom » July 8th, 2008, 3:30 pm

eh ehm, I think it was I that suggested the sf caramel and/or the sf vanilla in the capuccino ;) . Maybe, maybe not, but I did come up with the idea independant of anyone here. That, by the way, was in my search for something to curb my addiction to the Starbucks Frap. Ahh, to have them cold or frozen is truly a treat!

Now where does this "True _____" stuff come from?
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby summergirl » July 8th, 2008, 8:51 pm

That fun vanilla pudding post was fun to read. It almost makes me want some right now, and I'm not even playing the MF game right now.

Also, I believe I've seen the true lemon and true lime packets at our local Fred Meyer (Kroger, for those not in the Northwest). I could be wrong, but it sounds familiar. I may have to give it a shot, and I will pass along the root beer recipes to my medifasting friends! ;)
summergirl
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby Mike » July 8th, 2008, 10:41 pm

rodeomom wrote:eh ehm, I think it was I that suggested the sf caramel and/or the sf vanilla in the capuccino ;) . Maybe, maybe not, but I did come up with the idea independant of anyone here.

I was thinking it was sometime in November, and it was actually Ruth that gave me the idea for the SF syrups. Bren, you did have a great idea by making the frapp style with some McCormicks French Vanilla Extract in that thread.

Anyhow, I am glad that the idea came up, because I love the Chai and the Capp hot with a little SF syrup (English toffee, vanilla, caramel, white chocolate, whatever....)

As for the True Lemon/Lime.. and new Orange... I ordered them from discountcoffee DOT com. When I ordered them a little over a week ago, when you order a box of lemon or lime, they add a box of the new orange for free. I also added a couple of other things to the order (they have ALOT of different things available).

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Diana » July 10th, 2008, 9:15 am

rodeomom wrote:Holy cow, but the root beer "float" idea was amazing!!! Had one last night. I have never been a fan of the vanilla anythings either, but the creamy root beer hit the spot after such a hot and sticky day as we had here in Central Ohio! Thanks for the idea. I think I have an new fav. for a day or two! I am wondering how diet orange soda would be??? Thinking something like a Dreamscicle??? :mrgreen:

Oooooh, I bet Mike would like that! I'm thinking I'll try a Cherry Coke Zero float! :toast:
Diana

Postby sidrah » July 10th, 2008, 5:54 pm

I love the lemon and lime both. Didn't know about the orange.

I also just for the first time, got some of the vanilla pudding (crab soup, too, but that's another story) so I will make some that way to mix with soda and see how it tastes. I used to make the vanilla shakes and freeze them then blend them back in with more ice and some soda for the same idea. I suppose consistency-wise pudding is more similar to the floating ice cream...less air bubbles anyway. Good idea. Thanks
Don't really care as long as everything's better than yesterday was...

@}---- @}---- @}---- @}----
sidrah
Preferred member

Postby KellyC » August 1st, 2008, 8:35 am

Looking forward to trying this.. I signed up for a free sample of True Lemon/Lime and still haven't received it yet though..
KellyC
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby rodeomom » August 1st, 2008, 10:19 am

Right after this discussion came out I saw the manager at my gym setting out samples. Then I noticed that my local grocery store (Kroger) has the True Lemon (lime etc) in 36 count boxes. Right now they are on sale 2/$5 and each box has a $1 off coupon. Ya might check the stores around you.
09/21/07 - 12/21/07 Lost 80 Pounds Ankle Surgery 12-21-07
rodeomom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Diana » August 1st, 2008, 11:06 am

We couldn't find them here for MONTHS! That's when we ordered them online. Now, though, we're finding that the stores are starting to carry them again. I guess they DO pay attention to customer requests!
Diana

Return to Weight Loss