Urologist

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Urologist

Postby Taangrl21 » January 24th, 2007, 9:46 am

So I have to see a urologist.Never been...just wondering if any one can tell me what there experience has been.I am rather nervous and worried.And go figure, no appointments available until APRIL!?!?!? If this is too personal I understand...thanks. :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Re: Urologist

Postby Sojourner » January 24th, 2007, 7:41 pm

Taangrl21 wrote:If this is too personal I understand...thanks. :)

Too personal? On THIS board??? LOL
Sorry, I can't provide you with any info regarding my experience with an urologist - I've never had the occasion to see one...but, good luck!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby getting2goal » January 25th, 2007, 3:57 pm

IM me and I can answer all your questions. I have chronic kidney stones so me and the urology are dear close friends.

Nothing to be worried about though at all.

falisamarie
getting2goal
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Allie » January 27th, 2007, 12:12 pm

I work in a uriology office with 9 doctors. It is the biggest group in OC. I can try to answer your questions if you would like but I'll tell you that almost eveyyone leaves saying "it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be"

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Taangrl21 » January 31st, 2007, 6:02 am

Not too graphic...

Well I had given two specamins between 2005-2006 and they both came back with a trace of blood. I told my OB that I took both tests around that TOM...and they said there is more significant than that.I have had other tests that came out negative for certain things..so it factors out a reason or two as to why the specamin came back with the trace.So now I have to go to a urologist.I have no problems physically with anything..so its like what could it be? I went and of course have been doing research.Just little worried.And on top of it I dont know what type of testing I will be having to go through...

If either two of you can help me...let me know. Thanks. :)
Taangrl21
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby bikipatra » January 31st, 2007, 6:28 am

CALL THE DOCTOR AND ASK before you drive yourself crazy. I did a little googling and it all involved icky things like taking urine from your bladder with a catheter. (I've had a catheter when I was in the ICU and it wasn't THAT bad.) I imagine they have to do that after peeing in a cup again and there is blood present. Why don't you CALL and ask! Say you were wondering what the typical battery of tests were. If some front desk chica gives you the run around, DEMAND that the doctor call you! Say I have questions about my visit and need to speak to the doctor. Perfectly normal....From my googling, what the typical tests for blood in the urine are a cystoscopy or kidney ultrasound or IVP.
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Return to What's Shakin'