Tummy question

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Tummy question

Postby honeygurl » September 26th, 2006, 7:26 pm

I have a question. Am i in the right section of the forum? I was planning on starting the diet over the weekend in case my stomach got upset, so I wouldnt be at work with a tummy ache (or worse). But i would like to start tomorrow. Have a lot of people had problems with that or is that warning mostly for the lactose intolerant? Thanks!!!
honeygurl

Postby Elke » September 26th, 2006, 7:37 pm

I can't speak for everyone but I never had a tummy ache..."or worse" :)
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Nope

Postby pandasmom » September 26th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Hi there i have been on this since April. I never had a tummy ache.. Maybe at first i had a day or so of hunger, or a headache.. but i also gave up sodas.. But never a tummy ache. I felt great after a few days of being on this. i feel even better now..
good luck write us any time if you have any more questions..
I found the people here are GREAT..

Take care and good luck.
Terri
Terri
pandasmom
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby honeygurl » September 26th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Thank you so much for your replies! :) I dont really have a sensitive stomach so I think Ill be okay. Also I thought i read somewhere on here that it is better to have three shakes a day. Does it matter how many shakes you drink versus MF food products?
honeygurl

Postby DogMa » September 26th, 2006, 10:03 pm

The old rule was three shakes a day. Now they say it's BETTER to do it that way, but not necessary. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have trouble losing. Most people do just fine with any combination of products (but just one bar a day).

As for tummy issues, I never had any, either. Other than occasional constipation (sorry if it's TMI) - but I have that without Medifast, too. The foods never bothered me, although the bars sometimes made my tummy gurgle more than usual.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby 1Angel » September 26th, 2006, 10:26 pm

Hi honeygurl

Welcome to our team of losers ... Most of us do the 5 + 1 (meaning: 5 medifast meals and 1 lean and green meal a day).

When I first started Medifast program, we had to have at least 3 shakes a day and max of 1 bar a day. But now we can have 5 soups, or five shakes or 2 shakes, 1 bar, 1 oatmeal and 1 soup. We can really mix and match. All Medifast meals, of course!

But we can not have more than 1 bar a day. It can throw us off ketosis and we won't lose as much weight for that week.

Hope this has helped you a little bit. Let me know if I can be of any more help to you
img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wcUj84e/weight.png">
1Angel
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Elizabeth » September 27th, 2006, 3:19 am

If you're having grumbling or gas, you may want to pick up some lactaid pills. I know if I have most of my meals in shakes, latte', cocoa, cream soups, the dairy starts to bother me. Good luck.
Elizabeth
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby GucciGoo » September 27th, 2006, 4:16 am

I have IBS so I started on a Saturday. And I had no problem at all!
BETH formerly known as Dark & Stormy
GucciGoo
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Allie » September 27th, 2006, 9:45 am

I have not had any problems with the MF, but I went off plan and ate some fries and got a pretty runny tummy, but I know it was from the oil.

Allie
If you always do what you have always done, you will always be where you have always been.
Allie
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby alohacate » September 27th, 2006, 12:30 pm

I've had heartburn/ indigestion. Doctor stated I might be producing too much acid and not enough food in my stomach. I've added low fat cheese and the Medifast Crackers and so far so good!
Height: 5'10 Age: 38 Start Date:6/24/06
51 pounds gone forever -I'm bringing sexy back
alohacate
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Jan » September 28th, 2006, 4:56 pm

Hi There,
Generally MF is quite easy on the tummy. Before I went on program a huge Costco size jar of tums was my best friend. We've parted ways!!
If you are lactose intolerant then the whey based products may not be your best friend but soy is generally quite good. You can always take lactaide to help out a bit. I've not heard of anyone ... other than one poor lady who was allergic to soy'... having a sick stomach. I think you'll do fine.. for those of you with gallbladder issues .. be careful about hitting the french fries etc.. your gallbladder isn't used to all that fat and the fat can cause an unpleasant problem. That's why we transistion you off program.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Come on in.