Hi

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Hi

Postby Raja » March 24th, 2005, 8:59 am

Hi Everyone,
I am new to Medifast. I man I work with recommended it to me, he had lost 60 pounds in 2 months (men!) So I decided to give it a go. I am 18, I work full time in Sales/Marketing. Right now I weigh about 280 pounds, (I am 5'8"). I just thought I would introduce myself. Also, If any of you are trying to find an exercise that is fun I would strongly recommend Belly Dance. I have the DVD with Neena and Veena (the Belly Dance Twins) It is fun, not incredibly hard, but I always sweat, and I feel cool when I do it.
Raja

Welcome

Postby LilMsTexas » March 24th, 2005, 10:16 am

Welcome Raja!! You'll be soooooooooo glad you started working on your health at age 18 instead of 35! I actually did Medifast the first time when I was 19 years old and was VERY successfull. So good for you and look me up anytime on PM if you need a personal chat. How long have you been doing it now? Go ahead and get registered because the registration police will be tailgating you any minute hehe It really is cool to be completely involved so you can do all the fun stuff too.

Best of luck to you and I hope to hear from you!
CHEERS!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Kauket » March 24th, 2005, 6:19 pm

Welcome Raja! Ditto what LilMs said, I did it my senior year in high school, it worked great then and works great now. :)
Began 2/16/05
253/228/??
Kauket
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby raederle » March 24th, 2005, 6:50 pm

Hi Raja! Welcome! I'm so glad you're taking control of things now, while you still have years and years and years to enjoy your new thinnie and healthy body! Glad to have you along!
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby dlr2424 » March 25th, 2005, 9:18 am

Raja....Welcome...so glad you joined us!!!... :D ...give yourself a pat on the back for taking charge of you life now at 18...so you can reside in THINNIEVILLE for life... :yes: ...looking forward to sharing your successes with you!

RAE.....I have my pom poms all set... :cheerleader: :cheerleader: ...and my dancing shoes ready... :dance: :dance: ...just in case Sunday happens to be the big day.... ;)
Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby raederle » March 25th, 2005, 9:22 am

:D Thank you, Donna! I sure hope so! I think we're ALL sick of this one-pound drama! ;)
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Postby Dean0408 » March 25th, 2005, 11:48 am

Rae.....that is one tough pound all right. Now that you are at 126, are you exercising at all? I have known people who have exercised and lost inches but actually gained weight by building nice lean muscle mass. ( I am talkig about people who, like you,were close to or at their target weight) The muscles then burn fat......keeping them lean and mean.

That pound of yours doesn't stand a chance though........not with your determination. Stay away from those Reece's Peanut Butter Eggs this weekend.......lol
Dean0408
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby raederle » March 25th, 2005, 12:20 pm

Hi Dean... I used to work out pretty intensely before MF, but when I started MF I cut back to about 20 minutes per day, 5 times a week, on the treadmill (walking/jogging, not racing like a fiend) and don't really do any weight training at all anymore, unless taking the stairs at work counts (do I credit for 100 mini-squats? ;)). So, I'm not sure I can cite my awesome "lean & mean" physique for the fact that the scale ain't budging :mrgreen: but it sure sounds nice! Still, my clothes certainly are fitting noticeably better than they did even at 128 pounds, so things might be shifting around a bit (in a good way) even though the scale doesn't show it. Your point is well taken-- the scale isn't cooperating, but I'm certainly happy with the results otherwise! I just wish I could see that derned number so I can feel vindicated and can get on with transitioning! What I wouldn't give for a cup of plain fat free yogurt! LOL!

When those urges for Reese's PB eggs hit me, I will stuff an MF oatmeal cookie in my mouth and go clean out all the stuff in my closet that's too big for me to wear in public now... Hopefully that'll keep me on the straight-n-narrow! :mrgreen:
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

flying turtles

Postby LAwoman » March 25th, 2005, 1:12 pm

Rae,

I think I just saw a one-pound turtle (possibly heavier)
flying by overhead. :mrgreen: And it just kept right on going.

This is your week!!! :thumbup:

soon to be,
thininLA
LAwoman
Preferred member

Postby dlr2424 » March 25th, 2005, 1:37 pm

raederle wrote:- the scale isn't cooperating, but I'm certainly happy with the results otherwise!

RAE----I think that quote should be posted so it is VISIBLE for all to see...mostly the compliant people out there... who at times get discouraged because they don't always see a loss...so they are reminded of the many other positive results are bodies are taking on...... :yes: ....and I for one have been guilty of this ...so I am posting it in my journal right now under....Quotes to keep me smiling... :D

great eye opener...thanks

Donna...dlr2424

There's nothing to great that God won't provide me the strength to endure...all I need to do is ask Him
dlr2424

Postby dlr2424 » March 25th, 2005, 1:48 pm

LA...as long as that turtle keeps right on flying and doesn't land on any of our butts......we'll be all set...may it reside on the scale of someone who needs or wants it......and the Mediangels know...it's none of us

Happy...Happy...Easter

Donna...dlr2424

dlr2424

Postby raederle » March 25th, 2005, 2:38 pm

Too funny! I wish TickerFactory had a turtle with wings I could use... Maybe a flying 1-pound pig will do...? :pigsfly:

Donna, I know whatcha mean about feeling discouraged sometimes when the scale doesn't budge. Gosh knows I've been ready to throw my scale out the window, it's made me so irrationally mad at times! But you're absolutely right: we should all try to focus on the positive things we are doing for ourselves, even when the scale doesn't budge, and even if we can't see obvious signs of weight loss. At the very least, we are DOING something about the flabbage instead of letting it keep doing something to us. If nothing else, we are fighting the good fight, and I think that always feels better than feeling depressed, controlled by food, and mad at ourselves for being and staying fat. We WILL win, just by putting one foot in front of the other, by making one good choice after another. We'll do it! :D
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
raederle

Return to Come on in.