A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

Postby explorthis » July 12th, 2004, 6:56 am

I was reading a post, comments back and forth from Nancy, and a new member – Jady…

Nancy: I am wearing a red bikini right now and am going to go water the flowers in the backyard. Because I can.

Jady: Is it okay to wear a bikini in the middle of October??

Nancy: My philosophy is that you wear a red bikini any time ya want to

Jady: CaN'T wAIT tO HAVE YOUR ATTITUDE

Attitude – interesting thing. I never realized it till just now. It just hit me. I have an attitude, as does Nancy. I have always been an outspoken person. My guess is since I was always overweight, I needed a crutch or something to make me fit in – probably to take the light off of those that might see me as overweight, thus I became a little loud (ok a lot) and gained an attitude. Now all of a sudden, I “fit in” with the normal statured crowd. I have a different attitude. Attitude is good. I like this feeling, the feeling of doing what I want, when I want, NOT caring what others think. I know when they look at me; weight is NOT what they are thinking about. This attitude I feel I deserve.

What’s wrong with wearing a red bikini in October? Not a damn thing. You can read Nancy’s posts. I can see EXACTLY where she is coming from. Those of us that are/were substantially overweight think about this every minute of every day. Tell me for a second you don’t? There are hundreds, or literally thousands of thoughts that pass by all day, all night, and every minute of every day “I am FAT” Well no more. Nancy lost the weight, I have lost the weight, now all of a sudden we feel different about life in general. Don’t get me wrong, I am sure Nancy had a good life, appears her and Terry have a great history together. My life was always “ok” But lest we forget, which we cannot, hide the weight, and being overweight plays such a HUGE role in our lives, we get so consumed by it, I am just sure we are taking away from things we could be doing or enjoying by allowing this to be a factor.

All of a sudden this new loss-attitude comes into play? Yes. I have it. I look through my closet now; mostly all of my clothes are NICE looking NICE fitting clothes that FIT. I wear these with real renewed attitude now. I tuck my shirt in with an attitude; I cinch my belt up, and make sure my shirt is tucked in properly, hugging my body with an attitude. I really do. Screw it, I was FAT my entire life, always wearing OVERSIZED clothes, never enjoying what I was really destined to enjoy – being thin.

Each one of you deserves this “FOR YOU ATTITUDE” It is a wonderful feeling. I am not sure I would ever trade this feeling I have. I like to walk tall, I like to be noticed. I like to walk with an attitude.

Gain this attitude about yourselves. Every one of you can have this, and you need to have it.

I am not going to wear a red bikini in October, but I am going to do what I want, and what I want, however I want, because I can!

-Mike

P.S. Tim: Lotion is for anyone, not just boys!
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jeanette » July 12th, 2004, 9:01 am

Mikey:

You should be in sales...you really should!!! This would make me want to try Medifast if I wasn't already on it!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby auntjanot » July 14th, 2004, 1:06 pm

I used to think that I would be happy if I could just tuck in my shirt and wear a belt. Well.....now I have a new goal. I wanna wear a red bikini too!

Janet
auntjanot
Regular Member - #60 Club

Postby rnancoo » July 14th, 2004, 1:11 pm

Well I wanna wear a Size 6 Clavin Kline Jeans, NO STRETCH, low rise, boot cut. Is that asking too much?!?!

Ria
rnancoo

Postby auntjanot » July 14th, 2004, 1:18 pm

I don't think it's asking to much! I need to get some of the A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E! :kool:
Janet
auntjanot

Postby Carrie » July 14th, 2004, 1:22 pm

::::waving magic wand::::: red bikini for Janet, size 6 C.K.'s for Ria.

Oops, didn't work, guess you have to stay on MF, LOL

My favorite 'can't wait to's':
1. Have my 18's be baggy
2. Have 18's be too big NO MATTER WHAT the label name is
3. Get under 200
4. No longer have my thighs rub together when I walk - making that charming little 'zip zip' sound when I have panty hose on.
5. Wear 'single digit' undies
6. Lose the 'Obese' designation from my BMI
7. Wear my little size 12 green short overalls
8. Lose the 'overweight' designation from my BMI
9. Wear a totally hot Halloween costume
10. Heck, just wear LITTLE clothes again
11.Meet people who will never know I was fat, unless I tell them
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jeanette » July 14th, 2004, 1:24 pm

Carrie:

Your #11 is very interesting.....just curious as to why you don't want people to know you used to be fat.
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Carrie » July 14th, 2004, 1:28 pm

no really deep thing. I just think it'll be cool. Like being a brand new person. And I guess also because it's associated with so many negative things in my head - you know - how crummy I feel being this way.

Ummmmmm, like being a nerd in one grade school, moving and transforming yourself into a cool kid at your new school - it's the opportunity to finally leave something you don't like about yourself, or that has hurt you, behind.
Carrie

Postby auntjanot » July 14th, 2004, 1:35 pm

I know exactly what you mean Carrie. I'm not only gonna wear a red bikini (maybe even a thong!) I'm gonna get rid of the gray and if I can afford it, get rid of some of the wrinkles. I'm gonna say goodbye to the old fat me and hope nobody remembers how miserable she was. A new me with new attitude.
Janet
auntjanot

Postby Carrie » July 14th, 2004, 1:41 pm

LOL Janet, you go girl!

Wow, a thong???? I've never errrrr, had the experience, and am not sure it would rate 'doable' on the comfort meter, LOL

I know what you mean about your wrinkles. I am beginning to notice some alarming sagging/deflating and beginning to worry a lot about whether my skin will shrink. I'm applying lotion day and night (not sure it helps), and PRAYING. I cannot, CANNOT, imagine having to have surgery, but my best girlfriend gave me a reality check. She said 'Hey, you spent $30k on a car, this is something you may just have to do for yourself'. So I shut up and quit whining about it, LOL
Carrie

Postby auntjanot » July 14th, 2004, 1:46 pm

Well, I never had the experience either, but I just might give it a try. I'll mortify my 14 yr old daughter. By the time I finshed with the weight, the hair (red to match the bikini?)wrinkles and a new wardrobe, my husband is gonna be broke. Maybe he won't mind so much when he sees the bikini.
Janet
auntjanot

Postby explorthis » July 14th, 2004, 1:48 pm

you spent $30k on a car

I thought you drove a 1984 Nissan Sentra?

Must have had it in that "Pimp My Ride" show huh?

Hmmm...
explorthis

Postby Carrie » July 14th, 2004, 1:48 pm

LOLOL, I'll doubt he'll notice ANYTHING but the bikini!
Carrie

Postby Carrie » July 14th, 2004, 1:52 pm

and p.s. it just might give you some peace and quiet, cause your 14yr old is going to be so mortified she probably won't look at, or speak to, you for a LONG time. She'll say 'Moo-ooo-oooother!' and roll her eyes.
Carrie

Postby Carrie » July 15th, 2004, 8:52 am

I don't even know what the 'pimp my ride' show is - is this something on TV??????

I bought a blazer 4 years ago - and I'm gonna drive it for another 5-6 years (hopefully) to get my money out of it. But living on a little bitty island, I don't put many miles on it anyway.

You should have seen my FIRST car - hah! A Chevy Monza hatchback, with an 8 ball from a pool table for a gear shift handle, I was *STYLIN'* LOL. Actually I didn't care what it was, just so long as I had wheels!
Carrie

Return to Weight Loss