Too Few Calories... Options ??

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

Too Few Calories... Options ??

Postby kristinburdine » February 20th, 2007, 12:36 pm

I started MediFast 9 days ago and have done the full fast (6&0 plan) all 9 days. The kicker is that I did it without medical supervision. :twisted:
Well, I thought it sounded like a good idea at the time... :oops:
Don't worry, I just got scolded by the MF nutritionist and have resolved to do it the "right" way!! Anyway, does anyone have a list of foods that are (1) allowed on this plan (2) high in calories (3) low in carbs ?!? It's really difficult for me to figure out a meal plan right now that will keep me over the 680 calories per day I've been eating, yet keep me under 100 carbs per day. HELP !!
Kristin
kristinburdine
Regular Member - #90 Club

Postby Mike » February 20th, 2007, 12:42 pm

As we've stated before, you can always do an extra packet, and don't forget the snacks that you are allowed. Pickles, SF jello, SF popscicles, etc. Also, 1 package of soy crisps per day is allowed.
All of these things increase the calorie content without really harming progress.
Hope this helps.
:mrgreen:
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby MusicalMomma » February 20th, 2007, 12:47 pm

mmmmmm Jello....gonna go get me some of that!!!!!

Kristen...did you get a quick start guide with your medifast order? If not, you can order one...there's probably a health advisor or two lurking around here that would be happy to send you one too. The quick start guide answers A LOT of our questions...like the ones you asked :) Keep up the good work :)
MusicalMomma
Preferred Member - #50 Club

calories

Postby fairladyj » February 20th, 2007, 12:50 pm

I'm only 2 months in to the program, and certainly no expert like lots of the folks here, but are you going to keep doing 6+0, or wondering about additions for the 5+1?

If so, here's what I have found works for me:

1. I keep a bag of the Tyson prepared chicken strips in the freezer - I weigh out 7 oz and add on top of a lettuce salad, then use Salad Spritzers - I figure this is about 300 calories, which would bring you almost to 1000

2. I also keep a frozen box of Boca Burgers - make a "taco salad" w/ 1 burger and salsa over letuce

I work full time and have a 1 hr commute, so am usually REALLY ready to eat by the time I get home, so need something fast. Hope this helps, and good luck to you!
Jennifer in Michigan

If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!
fairladyj
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby kristinburdine » February 20th, 2007, 12:51 pm

I think it's time to make another trip to the store and pick up some snacks. I was so worried about getting too many calories when I started this and now I'm not getting enough. :roll: I did get the start-up guide with my order and I called myself reading it. Guess I should go over it again, huh ? Thanks y'all and God Bless !!! :mrgreen:
Kristin
kristinburdine

Re: calories

Postby kristinburdine » February 20th, 2007, 12:54 pm

fairladyj wrote:I'm only 2 months in to the program, and certainly no expert like lots of the folks here, but are you going to keep doing 6+0, or wondering about additions for the 5+1?

If so, here's what I have found works for me:

1. I keep a bag of the Tyson prepared chicken strips in the freezer - I weigh out 7 oz and add on top of a lettuce salad, then use Salad Spritzers - I figure this is about 300 calories, which would bring you almost to 1000

2. I also keep a frozen box of Boca Burgers - make a "taco salad" w/ 1 burger and salsa over letuce

I work full time and have a 1 hr commute, so am usually REALLY ready to eat by the time I get home, so need something fast. Hope this helps, and good luck to you!

Yep - I'm going to have to start doing the 5-1 instead of the 6-0, 'cause I don't think I'm getting enough calories. I went back and totaled up my caloric intake for the past 9 days and each day was under or right at 700 calories. I like your suggestions ! Thanks so much and lots of luck !
Kristin
kristinburdine

Postby Serendipity » February 20th, 2007, 2:47 pm

Kristen,

There are alot of choices for your l&g meal....just pick a meat and a veggie from the list. Most days while on program, I was between 800 and 1000 calories, but there were even days when I was fully compliant that I had almost 1200. It depends on which meat and which veggie you choose. Just keep to the list and you'll do great.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Arghh! » February 20th, 2007, 8:12 pm

Listen to Jo. She's awesome!!!
Arghh!
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby bikipatra » February 21st, 2007, 5:10 am

Arghh! wrote:Listen to Jo. She's awesome!!!

And has cute feet!
Restart Date: January 1, 2010
12/31/09 226.8
226.8/218/135
bikipatra
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jan » February 21st, 2007, 5:34 pm

Hmmmm,
If you use the 5/1 you should get between 500 and 600 calories each day.The shakes are between 90 and 100 calories depending upon if you use the 55's or 70's. The other products run between 100 and 165 or so (the bars are on the high end Then the lean and green is generally about 300 calories. That puts you between 800 and 900 calories per day. Make sure you have a copy of the Quick Start booklet... that will give you a list of recommended veggies, snacks and meats. You'll do fine
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Return to Weight Loss