is this worth buying?

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

is this worth buying?

Postby lalamode26 » February 21st, 2005, 8:48 am

Has anyone seen the Tony Little scale that measures your water percentage in your body, & weight loss per person, as well as your bmi or something like that? I saw it on hsn (home shopping network) this weekend? Is this worth buying?

I'm so curious! I also something similar to this at Costco!?! :cry:

lala
lalamode26
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby JuliaMejia » February 21st, 2005, 9:54 am

In my opinion only I don't know if I'd wanna get caught up in all that extra stuff. I have a scale similair that was $40 at wal mart and it said I was 49% fat back in the 250's and today I weigh 225.5 and it says I am 49.5% fat...so I don't know, it seems to get the weight right on everytime.

You will see the scale go down down down while sticking to MF. Wait and see if anyone here thinks it is a good purchase, for me I only really care about the weight numbers

May 1st 2006...Highest Weight 265...

Started Medifast December 8th, 06 Weight = 236.8 :(

JuliaMejia
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby jene115 » February 21st, 2005, 9:54 am

I recently bought a new Tanita scale (my third one) that measures weight, fat percentage and water percentage. I really like it. I'm tracking the water percentage and it seems to follow my water consumption. It's fairly new technology, but it's interesting.

I think tracking the BMI is a waste of money when you can look at any chart and see what your BMI is, but fat and water and weight are worthy things to track if you aren't too obsessive about it.

I like Tony Little and I have his Gazelle Elite and love it (it's in storage in Colorado right now though). But weigh the cost and how much you want to track your BMI on a scale. If you're not interested in fat percentage, then go for it. I don't know how perfectly accurate any of these scales can be for the very overweight person, but it does make weight loss more fun for me.
Last edited by jene115 on February 21st, 2005, 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jen
03/01/08
"I'm stronger than my cravings!"
jene115
Preferred member

Postby JuliaMejia » February 21st, 2005, 9:56 am

I also have the gazelle elite , which I love it is a great workout!
May 1st 2006...Highest Weight 265...

Started Medifast December 8th, 06 Weight = 236.8 :(

JuliaMejia
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Postby monkeymom » February 21st, 2005, 12:35 pm

I really have problems with my knees and hips, was wondering how the Gazelle is for that? I've tried going on the "eliptical" machines at the gym, but can't even go 10 minutes on those before my knees start screaming at me.
Vicki
255 - 1/29/08
monkeymom
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to Come on in.