this little piggy went...GROSS!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

this little piggy went...GROSS!!!

Postby LongWay2go » September 15th, 2004, 12:32 pm

NECN (New England Cable News) has a "new and exciting on the web" section every morning. Today they aired a story with a recipe for deep-fried Oreo's! Yes, I said DEEP-FRIED OREO'S!!!

I think I'll be sick!

I'll not post the recipe, least someone be tempted, but one of the newscasters commented that she had eaten one at a party. She described it as a puffy pastry with mushy chocolate goo in the middle. She said it was NOT good! Gee, go figure! I wouldn't eat that even if I wasn't MF'ing my way to happiness!
:puke:
-Gerald
08/06/2004
on hiatus until "Vic the Vac" goes away!

WARNING: Don't try this at home, kids...
Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby Carrie » September 15th, 2004, 12:38 pm

I doubt I could be tempted to try one of those.

Kind of like the deep fried twinkie thing. I can't imagine eating one of those either.

They both sound gross. (but then again I never did like twinkies.) Oreo's on the other hand...... mmmmmm.

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 15th, 2004, 12:44 pm

LOL Carrie! I never did really get into sweets anyway - I just ate my body weight in fatty foods every day! ;)

I could not begin to tell you when was the last time I ever ate an Oreo. Honestly - I think it was when they came out with double-stuff Oreo's - whenever that was. 20 years ago or so??? I don't even remember.

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby Carrie » September 15th, 2004, 12:49 pm

I *WISH* I didn't like sweets, but I am definitely a sugar and chocolate addict. You don't realize how much it affects your body chemistry until you stop. It's so nice not to have the near-constant *NEED* for more sugar.

I think my body was protein starved for years, because I'm sure I wasn't getting enough of it, all I wanted (and ate) was sugar.

But I just never developed a taste for twinkies - kinda like eating a sponge.
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby LongWay2go » September 15th, 2004, 12:52 pm

Agreed, a gross, disgusting sponge! I do remember eating my fair share of Zingers in my 20's, but that was before I realized that sugar slowed me down rather than sped me up! I don't touch the stuff anymore.

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby Simmshe » September 15th, 2004, 1:03 pm

Ahhh, when will the madness end in this country?!? As if Oreo's aren't already loaded with enough hydrogenated fat, that someone thought, "Hey, I bet we can make this even MORE fattening and gross!"

I'm not much of a sweets eater myself--I think my devils of choice are fat and carbs (I know it's sugar, but I'm talking about potato chips, homemade mac-n-cheese, etc.) I'd pick a plate of buffalo wings with dipping sauce over a chocolate cake any day! Darn, that was a lot of food I just mentioned--hope no one's hungry :)!

Anyways, our society is making a sllooooowwww transition to producing healthier food products. I was in a drugstore yesterday and while I was waiting in line, I looked at all of the junk surrounding the counter, and was dismayed at all of the new crap companies are producing. It's like there is a new sugar or refined carb product hitting the market daily--*sigh*. Oh well, hopefully with more and more people, like us, slimming down and making healthier food choices, we will start seeing a drop in the glut of junk food products on the shelves because they will be in less demand.

Okay--quitting time--I'm outta here :)!

Sheryl
Restart: 5/01/05
333/280/155

Original start: 7/13/04-12/12/04
High weight (1997): 386lbs

Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure--Confucius
Simmshe
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2004, 1:11 pm

You Guys make me giggle, roar and snort! :roll:

Deep fried Oreos? Hmm...Terry would love them. Lemme tell ya little secret about him. :secret: He used to eat AT LEAST half a bag of Oreos with a couple of glasses of milk every night. :point:

I'd wonder when he was coming to bed and I'd stagger out of the bedroom and waltz right next door to the home office and find him passed out in his chair, soggy crumbs in the bottom of a warm glass of milky and brown Oreo residue in the corner of his mouth. :snooze: Snoring away...then he couldn’t lie down due to gastric reflux volcanoes and have to sleep in his recliner or office chair until the gnarly acid subsided.

Nope, don't miss those nights one bit but shall not let him know about the possibility of a deep friend Oreo, just in case the :twisted: :twisted: evil secret :twisted: longings return! They (The :twisted: evil secret Fooder Longings :twisted: ) are always out there, always just a bite away.

We must watch one another’s backs.

And mouths. :stroll:
Last edited by Nancy on September 15th, 2004, 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby LongWay2go » September 15th, 2004, 1:19 pm

LW you made me choke on my water! I am bouncing around on my office chair, I'm laughing so hard! Who knew that Terry was an Oreo..um..I just can't say it! LOL

-Gerald
08/06/2004

Euphoria may result!
Is this fun, or WHAT?!?
LongWay2go

Postby elle4nelly » September 15th, 2004, 1:52 pm

This is gone too far! Purely gross!
What's next? Sauted M&M's? Kit Kat crockets? Deep fried Bonbons?
There's no NEED for inventing any more snacks in this Nation of overweight people. My God!!

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Lois » September 15th, 2004, 3:50 pm

YUCK!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Lois

Postby shineface » September 15th, 2004, 4:14 pm

AHHHHH.. and now it comes back to me -- why I miss this so much -- you are all jsut as sick as I am!!!!!!!!!!

No one else would be sitting here finding this exchange as funny as I am unless they've been through the things I have LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Gotta Love you guys........

Hi to all the new friends I'm gonna have that have come on board since I jumped ship!!!!

WE WILL DO THIS TOGETHER!!! :stroll:

PS-- I'm at work and for those of you that remember I'm an Innkeeper --it's time to bake the flippin' cookies for the nighty night snack for the guests ------ somehow sitting here on day two in withdrawal ------I'm having a BIG flippin attitude problem with this whole process of making nice to people with comfort goodies ---I KNOW tonight I'll deep-fry the oatmeal raisins ------YUCKY!!!!!!!
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 15th, 2004, 4:37 pm

The closest I get to anything deep fried fat is jumping in the hot tub after swimming - AND thanks to MF I'm looking more delicious every day! tee hee - couldn't resist.
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 15th, 2004, 7:41 pm

LOL Camille!

You people are too funny! I live in an area where much of the population is overweight, smokes, is uneducated and below the poverty level. Sad, I know, and of course that isn't EVERYONE, but all of those things are concerns in my state. Such large concerns that our state government spends BIG tax dollars every year coming up with "programs" and "advertising campaigns" and "free leaflets" trying to get the population to stop knocking back a six pack of Budweiser, two cheeseburgers, and a pack of Camels every night. The state government appears to be very concerned about our health...or are they?

Why aren't they cleaning up the school lunch menus? I pack my daughter's lunch. I read over the monthly menu and was just exasperated. I don't care WHAT they say...throwing a half cup of canned pineapple chunks onto a tray containing french fries, breaded chicken sandwich, and a sugar cookie does NOT make it a healthy meal!
Burritoes, Pizza, tacos, chicken strips...junk junk junk.
And don't even get me started about the soda machines.
The schools say they need the revenue from the machines.

Another thing that makes you wonder is the annual State Fair where they sell the deep fried twinkies and even deep fried SNICKER bars and deep fried PICKLE slices (very popular here). YES, it is "fair food" like corndogs and cotton candy, and I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to chow down on some sushi from a fair vendor--LOL--but much of the State Fair is subsidized with our tax dollars by our state government, and it is beyond me why they would have no control over all that garbage being sold.

Methinks it comes back, again, to the revenue.
SO--we are in this on our own, guys and gals! The food manufactureers want to get your money on your way UP (fast food commercials, potato chip commercials with skinny people eating a CAN of Pringles!) or on your way DOWN (diet pills that can endanger your LIFE).

PLEASE be careful as to what your motivation is for what you put in your mouth. Be sure it's what YOU want and not what some outside party has guided you into!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Nancy » September 15th, 2004, 8:34 pm

Amen, Sista!
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Postby RavenKat » September 16th, 2004, 5:21 am

I saw a show on the food network about a restaraunt that deep fried EVERYTHING! Like you mentioned Gerald - snickers bars, twinkies, cookies, fruit - you name it. The owner must have stock in heart bypass surgeries or something.

Also: when my brother was in high school he did a science experiment that, for some reason, involved leaving an unwrapped twinkie on the window sill. It sat there for months before it even got stale! I don't think it molded for over a year. Dave's experiment ended LONG before that twinkie came off the window sill. ;)

Another indestructable food is coolwhip. Back in that same time frame (1970's) by brother and his friends were into 'pie-ing" each other. That means opening the front door and hitting your buddy in the face with a paper plate full of whipped cream. Dave enlisted me to pie his buddy Frank because no one expected Dave's little sister to be in on the game. I put coolwhip on a plate by the front door so I'd be ready whenever Frank showed up. Several hours later the stuff hadn't even melted!!!!! It was the exact same product just warmer. YUCK!!!!!

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Next

Return to The Weight Room