this is my last try!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

this is my last try!

Postby saira ahmed » May 6th, 2004, 6:04 pm

hello everyone,

i just ordered my medifast products this morning. I guess I should be receiving my stuff by tuesday. i am way excited to start the program. i just hope that I do it right and get the amazing results i see alot of people on this forum have had. i have tried every diet out there...i guess this is my last try. i hope i will be successful. i want to lose about 80 - 90 pounds. anyway i just wanted to introduce myself to everyone...and hopefully i will be posting some more once i get started on the diet.

btw..stupid question...do u need a blender to make the shakes?? i dont have one...i guess i may have to invest in one.

thanx
saira
saira ahmed

Postby Sylvia » May 6th, 2004, 6:50 pm

Hi,

I just started the program Monday and it's going great so far. No, you don't need a blender. You will receive a shaker cup with your first order and all you need to do is pour in water and the shake mix and shake it up. You can add ice if you'd like.

There are other ways to prepare the shakes that use a blender. I might try them as time goes on but for now, they taste fine the low tech way.

Good Luck!
Sylvia
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Landylue » May 6th, 2004, 7:30 pm

Welcome to the forum AND to Medifast, Saira. You have a beautiful name!

Run, don't walk, to Wal-Mart and get you a blender. While the shakes are great right out of the shaker jar, they are wonderful in the blender with a couple of packets of sweetner and around 6-7 ice cubes--so think and icy! And we have got to talk one day about Davinci Sugar Free syrups--YUM!

Everyone is different, though, Saira. You'll settle into fixing them the way YOU like them best.

The best of luck to you, and keep in touch!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

blender

Postby Trish » May 6th, 2004, 8:05 pm

Definitely go to Wal-Mart and get a hand blender, the kind you just stick in the glass and turn on. I use ice cold water and then put my shake in the freezer for 15 minutes. It is really good this way - taste like Blue bell Fudge Cycles. i can'e stand to drink it if i just shake it up in the shaker cup.

Good Luck

Texas Trish
Trish

thanx

Postby saira » May 7th, 2004, 6:21 am

thanx for the advice you guys...cant wait to get started!
saira

Postby explorthis » May 7th, 2004, 7:27 am

Saira.. (wonderful name by the way, how do you pronounce it?)

Welcome to our group. I noticed a few catch phrases in your post that raised an eyebrow…

“I guess”
“I just hope”
“I have tried”
“I guess”
“I hope”
“And hopefully”

From now forward, you are here for the last weight loss management program you will ever need. We do not refer to Medifast as a DIEt. Can you see why? No more “wanting, guessing, hoping. These phrases will now and forever be:

“I did”

You did join us. You did Join Medifast. You did choose the best weight loss program bar none. You did, you did, you did,
you did, you did!!!!!

Now you’re here, and ready to begin. 100% positive now and forever.

No more hoping, or guessing, you’re going to do it!!

Stay with us, we promise results, that only you can make happen, with a little help and support from your friends (us) !!

-Mike - I DID IT!
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club

wow

Postby saira » May 7th, 2004, 8:41 am

that was really motivating!!! thank you so much and you are right..i did join medifast and i am going to lose the weight once and for all!!!

saira...(pronounced like sira..the first "a" is silent)
:D
You want some of this?
saira

Postby explorthis » May 7th, 2004, 1:16 pm

Amen Saira (with the silent a) !!

Glad to have you on board!

-Mike (the M is not silent), or call me Guido (pronounced Gw-ee-doe) If you need to know who Guido is (and you probably don't want to) just ask someone here!
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis

Postby LUVZHUZKYZ » May 7th, 2004, 3:18 pm

welcome saira
I use my blender sometimes, but most times I use the medifast jar with lid and lotza ice.
good luck
LUVZHUZKYZ

Postby Marseilles » May 7th, 2004, 8:13 pm

Welp...*I* wanna know who Guido (pronounced Gweeeeeeedo) is!!

:lol:

Welcome Saira..I'm new here as well, would LOVE to spend some time chatting and getting to know this community. Seems like the people who have been here any length of time have a great rappore. Maybe some of us newbies can become fast friends as well :)

I wish you all great success!!!

-M.
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby saira » May 8th, 2004, 5:23 am

:D

marseilles and luvshugs and texas trish...thanx so much...i havent even started medifast yet and i feel the support....but i have a feeling...THIS TIME I AM GONNA GO FOR THE LONG HAUL!!!

we are all here..for eachother!
saira
You want some of this?
saira

Postby Marseilles » May 8th, 2004, 1:53 pm

Saira sweetie, you are dead on!

we ARE here, for each other..and EACH of us knows what kind of demons the other faces in the long battle against this obsession with food, for whatever reason...and know what? I KNOW in my heart of hearts that you are going to be a drop dead gorgeous bride..sure wish I could be there.

Be strong my new friend, medifast is a blessing for ALL of us!!

:)

Three cheers for Saira, she found this forum, she found medifast and she is taking the FIRST STEP to a new lifestyle and a HEALTHY LIFE

*HUGS*

:goteam:
Marseilles
Preferred member

Postby shineface » May 12th, 2004, 8:00 am

Welcome!!!!!!

I am a BIG LOSER --- I haven’t been on line much lately because my job has had me really busy --- BUT I feel it is so important to let you know that you are in the right place!!!

I still get in here and read as many posts as I can – just not enough time to answer all of them or put my two cents in --- it’s driving me crazy BECAUSE this forum is life-saving!!! The information, people, care, concern and MF of course is what has given me the strength to achieve the awesome results I have gotten. THIS IS THE LAST DIET WE EVER HAVE TO GO ON – the last time I ever have to lose this weight!!!!

I am so glad you are here!!!!! AND look forward to being able to share on a more regular basis ---SOON – I need everyone!!!!

Keep shakin’ and readin’ and postin’ and slurpin’ and drink-drink-drink as much water as you can take – the whole combo is so important and….

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.