is this common? cuz I don't want to fall off!!!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

is this common? cuz I don't want to fall off!!!

Postby lalamode26 » January 20th, 2005, 7:20 pm

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I completed only 9 days of MF, and I lost 8 pounds! I'm reallyhappy about this, but I also noticed that the pounds aren't coming off since the first 5 days. Is this common? I can definately tell that my clothes are loose, and I can tell in my face, but I feel like it's just my imagination, now that the needle hasn't moved?

I'm in the right of mind, that it's definately better than consuming all that junk I used to have, but why aren't the pounds shedding on the scale?

I'm doing the 5+1

I work at 3am
so I normally have this routine down

between2-3am:shake

6am:shake

9am: shake or fruit bar

12 pm: shake or soup(like chicken noodle)

2-3pm: shake

6-7pm chicken salad normally with two tablespoons of balsamic vinagrette

I drink water and diet soda, and one cup of coffee a day.

I still get a bit hungry. What CAN I eat as snacks that I can find around the home? Can I eat sugar free items? like jello to hold me over at night?
If so, can I get a brief list?

I don't want to trail off this momentum, because it makes me feel good when my hubby compliments my look after only a week. Help me stay one!!!

Helpless, but still strong!
Lala
lalamode26
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » January 21st, 2005, 12:39 am

What time is bed time?

What kind of work do you do?

Your schedule looks fantastic!

snacks: 3 stalks of celery, 2 dill pickles, 2 cups of bouillon or 2 packets of Fast Soup, 1 packet of Medifast Multi-grain or Garden Vegetable crackers

You could have another shake at 9 PM.

a small serving of Sugar-Free Jello is ok but I wouldn't go there...save it for maintenance if at all possible, a small amount is ok but it can esily lead to bigger servings, then Fat Free Cool Whip to Regualr Cool Whip, to Whipping cream and ....

How much chicken are you eating? Do you weigh it to be sure?

How much salad? What's the caloric and carb count of your basalmic?

What do you mean by a 'fruit' bar? - the Medifast Fruit and Nut granola bar?
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels...
The Formerly FLABulous and Now very Fabulous
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy
Certified Health Advisor - #130 Club

Postby raederle » January 21st, 2005, 8:29 am

Hi Lala,

Sounds like you're doing great so far-- congrats on your decision to get on track and on your success! Nancy has asked some great questions to figure out what's going on -- *my* best advice is to listen to Nancy no matter what! ;)

One thing I would pitch in, because it's made a difference for me, is to make sure you're getting at *least* 64 oz of water a day, and closer to 100 oz if you can manage it. This should be over and above any other diet drinks you have (coffee and soda). I know it sounds like a lot of drinking, but I find that my weight loss slows down when my water consumption falls off. It can be tough to drink all that H2O, especially cuz I *love* diet vanilla pepsi, but the more water I have, the better I seem to do.

Also, women's fluid levels can shift during the month, as I'm sure ya know. I've noticed that I might lose 5 pounds one week, "drift" for 4 or 5 days near my TOM, then start losing again right afterwards. The weight loss *does* resume if you stick to plan and be patient, difficult as it is sometimes. Just remember: even when you're stuck for a few days without losing, sticking to Medifast *will* work, and it'll work faster than any other plan I've tried, at least. And it will certainly work faster than our old habits, which got us all into this pretty pickle!

:mrgreen:

Cheers,
Rae
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

so encouraged!

Postby lalamode26 » January 21st, 2005, 3:32 pm

Thank you Nancy & Rae for your encouraging words.

As for the granola/fruit bar- it is the bar that MF comes with for the 1 month supply! I always notice that I feel way full drinking that and water. It also takes me a longer time to consume as well! Teh balsamic vinagrette is 60 cal for 2 tablespoons.

I'm, drinking some chicken broth that I had in the pantry- that IS the same as a bouillon right? Per cup, it's 15 cal.

The chicken, I'm not weighing. If I can see the chicken when I put my first over it cooked, then I cut those parts off of the grilled chicken. My hands are pretty small, but not the body!

And one last thing, nuts ARE a no-no right?

I work from 3am- 11:30am
Then I also have a second job and I normally stay there from 12-3-4pm, everyday.

I'm a news editor at a local tv station here in San Diego. So when you watch the news, and you see the scenes of a crime scene for example, I choose the video and put the video together to the script.

My 2nd job Boss got me on MF. He is currently on it, and he must have lost 20 pounds in a month! I guess I got worried becasue he shed it so quickly. He is well over 240, and I think is now at 210, since early November! Is it a myth that men lose the weight faster? I always hear that!

Water, water, water. I was always a water drinker even before MF, but only was drinking about a liter. Now I've up'd it, and am peeing so much! Although, I am a sucker for diet coke, dr pepper. I was always a diet drinker, so that works out for me! I always looked forward to drinking the diet- that is MY treat!

I hope I can reach my goal by summer.

Thanks !!

Start Date 01-12/05
174/166/130
lalamode26

Postby Nancy » January 21st, 2005, 11:46 pm

Dear LaLa ~

You shall surely reach your goal weight by summer IF you follow the plan all the way. Cheaters never prosper...do everything within your power to be and to remain program-compliant. You'll be glad you did!

Yes, Nuts are a definite NO-NO.

Your salad dressing is a bit high, I think there are better choices. Medifast makes very good salad dressings and you can do a search of the Forum for some other low calories suggestions.

Yes, men usually DO lose weight faster than women because they have more muscle mass than women. Their body uses more calories just to sustain itself.

You have a fairly long work day but it sounds like your work is not overly demanding of you physically. If you are hungry, I would suggest that you add another shake - you can try to have your meals a bit closer together, too to see if that helps. Have them every 2.75 hours. Are you sticking closely to your schedule? If you are, I am surprised that you would still be experiencing hunger at this point in your program. Having a shake or oatmeal just before you go to sleep, will not slow your weight loss. Bars seems to slow some people's weight loss a little bit, you could try having one just every other day. Your body just may have a mind of its own and this is really early in your program, it is still adjusting to the fat-burning state.
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

You're so right!

Postby lalamode26 » January 22nd, 2005, 11:48 am

Ok NANCY, I think I just had to be patient. I haven't weighed myself for two days, and I finally did today hoping the needle would move...and....

2 more pounds down the scale!!! I am so happy!

I have to say yesterday was the hardest it's been since I started.
My husband and I went to a friends function, and where was I standing all night? In front of all this FRIED food!
FRIED SHRIMP, FRIED CATFISH, EGGROLLS, and not to mention the dessert bar on the kitchen table! Luckily we had a poker party at our home afterwards we left early, and then because my hubby knew it was hard, he brought me home to host the friends who were coming over, abd he put together a sald for me, with no balsamic vinagrette, but a cup of salsa instead!It was so satisfying! I will have to purchase the MF salad dressing this week!

Gosh, I was so tempted but I told myself, that my hips have been shrinking even though earlier in the week, I had not seen the needle moving on the scale. I had to subconsciously tell myself, I don't ever want to find those pounds again! I had to think of how full I was with my shake right before I went to the event. I drank tons of bottled water to trick my mind, too!!!

I know you've heard this so many different times, Nancy- but this forum has changed me by far in so less time, I can't thank you enough for the suppport!!!

We have a long day of shopping for some home accessories with the hubby, and I can't wait to try my old set of pants on! Have a great weekend!!!

Start Date 01/12/05
174/164/130
lalamode26

Postby raederle » January 22nd, 2005, 7:46 pm

It sounds like you're making some real progress and making smart choices-- you deserve a big pat on the back for making it through that party without munching or sneaking "just this one taste..." 10 pounds is a terrific loss, and I'm sure you'll be able to wiggle into those jeans-- if not today, then sometime *very* soon. I'm glad your husband is being so supportive, too; that really helps, and makes the journey less painful. You chose him well!

;)
raederle

5'5"
High weight = 180
Reached goal (125) 3/27/05
New goal: 130
I'll reach it again, one day at a time
raederle
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Nancy » January 23rd, 2005, 12:37 am

Oh, Lala - you are going to be Oooh, La La very soon!

This weight loss journey is NOT easy but it is worth the effort - every drop of sweat!

You came through the event successfully - so proud of you!
Nancy Pettit
267/130
Nancy

Return to Come on in.