THINKnTHIN

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby DogMa » November 18th, 2006, 12:52 pm

Ha. Glad you found something that works for you.

And slow weight loss is better than none at all - or worse, gaining. Some of us just take a little longer than others, but we can still get to goal if we stick with it (and the slow losers tend to have fewer problems with loose skin and hair loss and all that good stuff, so there are SOME benefits).

Keep up the good work!!
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Tommorrow night

Postby THINKnTHIN » December 1st, 2006, 4:17 am

Well Tommorrow is one of my self imposed goal dates. My husband has an awards banquet to attend and I had hoped to be 30lbs down by then, but 26 will do just fine thank you! A very high schoolish revenge type motive in my mind...a few women had made really rude remarks about my weight this summer (to my face!) and they will be there tommorrow. Now they are stick type straight thin, but I got a pair of pants from (Victorias Secret of all places!) that look really nice and make the most of my curves but also make me look small and with my black boots I am hoping I can make them feel at least a little bad that they don't have curves and boobs. Noble huh?

The knitting at night is still helping distract me from night time nibbling. I am working on felted handbags and totes and have two completely done, one ready to be felted, one large tote about halfway knitted, and a hat to match one of the bags that should be done by tonight.

I'm in the boring stage of the diet itself, just eating on schedule to get past it. But it's so nice with so much to do this time of year that eating is such a small and non thought part of the day......it is really helping me get stuff done.
THINKnTHIN
Trusted Member - #30 Club

Postby Serendipity » December 1st, 2006, 5:56 am

Hey there. I'm just getting into felting, so I hope you don't mind the off topic post. My first felting project was a really cute cat bed called a kitty pie. I was so happy with how it turned out that I want to do more.

Questions.....what percentage of shrinkage do you get? Does the wool shrink equally horizontally and vertically? How are you making the straps? Are you knitting them or just felting roving?

I just bought some hand dyed yarn on ebay and can't wait to make it into something.

On topic now:
I can relate to the boring part of the diet. But really, just getting your mind off of it and living your life makes the time go so fast. I can't believe a year has gone by.......life goes by in a flash.
jo
276/135 since December 1, 2006
"Grandma, how did you make yourself so little?", My grandson, Jake
Serendipity
Preferred Member - #140 Club
Preferred Member - #140 Club

Postby Karli » December 1st, 2006, 7:02 am

YAY !! I haven't read your entire journal, but I certainly appreciate your last post, THINKnTHIN. You seem very strong to me to have eating be such a non-issue for you. I almost forgot how wonderful that is ! Thanks for reminding me.

Anyway, you are very smart to have an activity like your knitting that keeps you occupied. You mentioned how you get so much done because of this type of thing, isn't it great ?

Cheers,
Karli
Karli
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby THINKnTHIN » December 2nd, 2006, 9:15 am

Hey Jo! WAY TO GO!!! GOALLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! A BIG WA-HOOOOOOOO!

So far I have used mostly Lambs Pride Bulky wool....roughly 1/3 shrinkage. They have great colors, and it felts very nicely. I hadn't knitted in a long time but when I saw a friends felted tote bag, I was hooked. She has a knitting night every tuesday and most people in the group doing the felting are using that brand and getting consistent results more shinkage length wise than width wise. For the handles I am knitting I-cord in different widths, but braided also looks pretty neat felted also.

Enjoy your great goal day!
THINKnTHIN

Postby THINKnTHIN » December 8th, 2006, 11:23 am

Well, another week down. This Sunday will be a weigh in day for me and I think it will be OK.

I have been mostly good other than three bites of a soft breadstick last night. I have three more lbs to go until I reach my Christmas goal of 30 lbs gone. Last night I was digging in the closet for a dress to wear to a wedding this weekend, and I came up from the depths with a black dress I had forgotten about (it still had the tags) and guess what?? it FIT!!! A size 10! That felt very, very good. It is amazing how the small wins like that can keep you on track and honest :) My tummy even looks flat in it (a remarkable feat of fabric engineering).

I have pre-checked the wedding menu and can manage my lean and green from what they are serving phew! I have the outside of the house decorated but now have to tackle cleaning the house YUCK!!! and decorating inside, and baking cookies, and shopping, and wrapping presents......good thing I don't have to think about what I am going to eat!:)
Baking cookies should be interesting, thought about forgoing it this year, but I think too many people would be disappointed. Also, I think I am strong enough. I decided on my baking days to have my lean and green right before I start and have soup throughout so I will be full.

Hope everyone is well and having a great Mediweek!
THINKnTHIN

Previous

Return to My Journal