10 Things I've learned in the 6 weeks I've been on Medifast:

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Postby twblues » April 18th, 2005, 4:55 pm

1. MF foods that I initially hated are my favorites, now that I've learned how to prepare them. :flip: I never thought I'd learn to love the Chili and the Chicken Noodle Soup.

2. It REALLY sucks to have a big gain. :brickwall: Going up and then down again wastes 2 weeks, and slows down your progress bigtime. It's not worth it!

3. For me, it's easier doing the full fast than the 5-and-1. Why? Because I don't have to deal with real food, the temptation to overeat at those meals, and the grocery store full of all of it's temptations.

4. Drink my water BEFORE I eat a bar. The aftertaste of most of the bars is pretty bad. :tongue:

5. Dutch Chocolate Shake, w/ strawberry and vanilla extracts, ice cold, tastes remarkably like a Neopolitan ice cream shake.

6. I am powerless against Peanut Butter. :help: I had to throw a fairly new jar away!

7. Though people think this diet is expensive, it's actually cheaper than the way I used to eat (lunch out everyday, fast food, snack foods, candy, restaurant dining on weekends...it all adds up!)

8. One of my coworkers is a saboteur. :twisted: I think he misses me going out to lunch with the crew.

9. Reading these boards has given me hope, great advice, and the necessary support to keep shaking. :goteam:

And finally...

10. My dog, bless her little heart, doesn't know the difference between oatmeal and ice cream. When my spoon scrapes the bottom of the bowl, she comes running from wherever she was, jumps in my lap and tries to lick the bowl...WHILE I'm still eating from it! LOL :bib:
twblues
Regular Member - #20 Club

Postby DonicaB » April 18th, 2005, 5:06 pm

TW--Great Post. You should save your post and when you feel like straying from the plan, read it to remind yourself of the 10 things you have learned.

I agree most of the bars have a bad after taste.

Thanks for reminding me I don't want to waste 2 weeks. My birthday :candle: is coming up and all along I have been planning to allow myself to stray from the plan for my birthday meal, but today I have been thinking that might not be such a good idea. :scratchhead:

See, you just never know how what you write can help someone else.

Thanks!

DonicaB
DonicaB
Preferred member

Postby twblues » April 19th, 2005, 6:28 pm

DonicaB, thanks for replying to my post. From your ticker, it looks like we have made similar progress towards a similar goal. Good luck on your journey.

I hope that you celebrate your birthday without straying! :candle: I assure you, it's not worth slowing down your progress.
twblues

Postby LilMsTexas » April 19th, 2005, 6:35 pm

I agree with most everything you said.........I still can't stand the chili and the chicken noodle is just barely tolerable for me. I'm loving ALL the bars ESPECIALLY the S'MORES!! WOOHOOOO!! I'm very proud I've never eaten but one bar in a day 8) But everything else....I'm riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight in line with ya sista!
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby twblues » April 20th, 2005, 5:11 pm

LilMsTexas,

Here's what I do to make the chili and chicken noodle soup edible:

Chili: Use 6 oz. water instead of 4 oz. Add onion flakes, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce to taste. Nuke for 8 minutes on 50%. Add about 1 Tbs. salsa, 1 packet of MF crackers crushed. (I like my chili sweet, so I add a little sweetener, too.) Stir and enjoy!

Chicken Noodle Soup: Use a bit more water than called for. Add onion flakes, garlic powder, soy sauce. Heat at 50% for 4-6 minutes. You may need to heat on high for 1 min. (keep an eye on it so it doesn't boil over). Add 1 packet of MF crackers crushed.

I hope that helps make them taste better to you!
twblues

Postby LilMsTexas » April 20th, 2005, 5:14 pm

Thanks.......I'll give that a whirl :D

My HA Sue also suggested that I make the CN soup a day ahead of time and put it in the fridge......or that morning I think she might have said......and then heat it up that night. She said by that night the little noodlies plump up! I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to. I think I'll combine your ideas and hers at the same time!

I'M REALLY LIVING ON THE EDGE THESE DAYS :roflmao:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby 24KaratGold » April 20th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Throw a little vinegar and a few drops of Mongolian Fire Oil into the chicken noodle soup -- gives it a "Chinese soup" sort of flavor. I just finished eating some, in fact.
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby LilMsTexas » April 20th, 2005, 5:22 pm

Mongolian Fire Oil? What the heck is that?? lololololol :shock:
GOD BLESSED TEXAS!
Christi AKA LilMsTexas

5'5", 36 YEARS YOUNG!
186.8/145.2/135
LilMsTexas

Postby 24KaratGold » April 20th, 2005, 5:25 pm

Hmm. Look in the Chinese (or ethnic) food aisle at the grocery. And remember that just a few drops go a long, long way!
270/186.5/160

24KaratGold
Preferred Member - 80# Club

Postby scrabbler7 » April 20th, 2005, 6:46 pm

I've been putting my soup in one of those little crock pots (crocketts I think they call them) at nite when I get home from work. I put in about 1 1/2 cups of water, 1 or 2 boullion, 2 stalks of celery cut up, and 1 baby carrot cut up. I throw in some onion powder and some pepper. I leave it in there for about 2 hours, put it in a tupperware container and refrigerate. That's my lunch for the following day - I just reheat it at the office.

This seems to work much better for me than making it in the morning and bringing it to work - saves me time ... AND the vege's or noodles (depending on which I am making) get much plumper. They are NEVER undercooked this way.
scrabbler7
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Return to The Weight Room