TheShadow

1 Thread per registered User.

Postby TheShadow » July 24th, 2006, 1:48 pm

I officially hate plateaus. I've been stuck at 179.5 for a week. I know that I'm retaining water. My ring was falling off last week and now it almost fits again. When this water goes, so will a couple pounds. I know it will, it's just crappy waiting. After reading Jo's post about plateaus, I have confidence that it will go, just very little patience. My in-laws are coming to visit in about 2 weeks, so I have to get busy cleaning up the house and backyard. It's so freaking hot out that the yard work will have to wait though. I can't stand having company unless my house is really clean. It makes me think that I'm being critiqued or something. I have an interview tomorrow for a job that I really need to get. I'm so bored and disgusted with my current job. The new one will be with the same company, just a different department. Same pay, but better opportunities to advance. I'm hungry today for some reason. I'm going to go get a diet soda.
TheShadow
TheShadow
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby TheShadow » July 31st, 2006, 11:24 am

I'm officially off my plateau! Yeah I dropped 3 lbs in 4 days. That's more like it baby! I thought I would never lose again. Jo's plateau log gave me faith though. That and the fact that my TOM is like 2 weeks overdue. I know I'm holding onto water and if I ever get TOM again, the water will go. This program has my estrogen levels so jacked up. Oh well, small price to pay for losing 24 lbs in 2 months. I want to wait another month or so before I see my brothers. They and their wives are going to flip when they see me. Only one knows I'm on a diet, but you know, everyones's on a diet but no one loses weight. I'm officially down to my last chin and you've got to love that. We're off to Hot August Nights in Reno on Thursday. I wonder if any other MF'ers are going? I'll post that on the what's shakin' room I guess.
TheShadow
TheShadow

Postby TheShadow » August 11th, 2006, 10:21 am

Well when I got back from HAN I found that I had held steady and not lost or gained. I did go slightly off plan and had 1 beer and 1 tortilla with a little beans and rice, but just a little. I think that was pretty good behavior for a 4 day trip. I have just lost 2 lbs in the last 2 days so I'm pretty happy about that. The time it has taken me to go from the 20# club to the 30# is getting kind of ridiculous. It's been 31 days and I still have 3 lbs to go. I guess that it's probably because of going out of town twice. That throws off my whole schedule and I don't get all my meals or water in. I'm getting close to that 30 lb mark though and I'm hanging tough.

Tammy
200.5/173/132
TheShadow
TheShadow

Postby Sojourner » August 11th, 2006, 10:40 am

Hiya Tammy! How's PVille?
3 lbs to 30! Let me wish you a slightly early congrats on your new club!
Congrats!
~*~*~*Sojourner*~*~*~

Shake it gone, babeee!!!
Sojourner
Preferred member

Postby JeepGirl » August 11th, 2006, 11:49 am

You are doing great Tammy! I think that the 1 beer and 1 tortilla is an amazing feat for being in Vegas! (Not that I would know as I have never been but hope too some day!)

You are almost to 30 YAY!! Glad you had a great time in Vegas!
JeepGirl
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby TheShadow » August 18th, 2006, 2:38 pm

Yay! I made it to 30# at last and I am in some much skinnier jeans. Today is the first day in a long time that someone hasn't commented on my weight loss. I was so sad to hear that Pandamom's peeps never comment to her. That is such an NSV for me, and it lifts my spirits when people notice. If I was there I would tell her everyday how good she looks. I guess some people are uncomfortable with receiving compliments, but I say "show the love". Life is short so make people happy when you can. In my office people are so happy for me, even if they can't do it for themselves. I've got a few people who are considering jumping on the MF train after seeing my example.
I ran into a gal today who is very catty and snide, and who hasn't really seen me in a while. As she passed me she said hi, but did not comment on the fact that I've dropped 30 lbs. Now I'm wearing my skinnier jeans and a tapered top that I just bought 2 weeks ago and I know that I look a ton thinner. Not to mention I'm missing a couple of chins. I saw her eyes flick down to my body and back up to my face. All she said was "Hey!" with a kind of strained look. I know she didn't want to give me the satisfaction. Well that's just her style (Bee-yotch). BE THAT WAY! Nothing's gonna get me down now!
TheShadow
TheShadow

Previous

Return to My Journal