The Slippery slippery slope......

Add your favorite recipes.

The Slippery slippery slope......

Postby Jan » June 14th, 2006, 8:57 am

Oh My Goooodness,
It looks to me that the "lean cuisine" section is "off and running" Right down the slippery slope!!! I know some of you are very very excellent when it comes to the kitchen. Me...hmmm But, here's the problem, the more we "fool around" with ingredients the more likely we are to cause a problem for ourselves. Once we're on maintenance we have more opportunity for now....
It is a very very slippery slope when we start putting various ingredients together. Soon we are way over our alloted amount for carbs, fats and sometimes even protein. I noticed that someone had used chicken thighs and added cheese. Chicken thighs themselves are high in fat. Higher than many cuts of beef then adding cheese ...... please keep in mind what we are trying to accomplish with this program. It is the safest and quickest way to part with the pounds. But please follow it very very compliantly... simple is best.
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby Aerie » June 14th, 2006, 12:43 pm

Thanks for bringing us down to earth Jan.
Aerie
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby jump4joy » June 14th, 2006, 5:50 pm

Very wise counsel, Jan. I think that constantly thinking about and devising new recipes can cause one to focus too much on food, IMO. Not that it's wrong to try new recipes, but as you say....a slippery slope. What you said was perfect: "Please keep in mind what we are trying to accomplish with this program. It is the safest and quickest way to part with the pounds. But please follow it very very compliantly... simple is best." I'm putting that on a 3X5 card and putting it up where I can see it! Thanks for the reminder. :) Simple IS best. I notice that I do better on the plan when I keep it simple. I think of the KISS rule: "Keep It Simple, Stupid." :D :lol:

Joy :rose:
Motto: The time will pass whether I diet or not.
jump4joy
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby ktrout » June 14th, 2006, 5:54 pm

So those bacon wrapped drumsticks rolled in breadcrumbs and dusted with four cheese mix are a no-no ? (then deepfried of course)

oops

Those would be in my previous life of course. My wife and I were at a party and I was even able to pass up those gooey honey musterd chicken wings. A year ago that would not have been possible.
313/228/200

1-1-2006 Start Date
7/15/2007 ReStart Date
ktrout
Preferred Member - 90# Club

Postby DogMa » June 14th, 2006, 6:08 pm

I totally agree, Jan. Although I admit to mixing proteins a bit at this point (have I mentioned it's been a freakin' YEAR of grilled chicken or beef and veggies????). I still try to keep it simple, though.

But my Greek salad tonight, with half a portion of grilled chicken and half a portion of fat-free feta? Perfect change of pace.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Jan » June 14th, 2006, 6:47 pm

Gooooood For You Ktrout -- passing right on by those fatty things!!
And Robin, that Greek salad didn't sound tooooo complicated. It was still pretty simple. You've been doing sooo great this last year.
Whoooo Hoooo for you both. :D :D
jan
Jan
Preferred member

Postby pinkflamingonewsgirl » June 21st, 2006, 10:17 am

yeah...I'm new and I was noticing the same thing...I was like "wait a sec...that's not in the Medifast diet..." lol...good to know I'm not losing my mind
pinkflamingonewsgirl
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Postby ascicles » June 21st, 2006, 10:51 am

I think I have to disagree to a certain extent. Obviously I think that we should stick with the plan, but as long as we are following the guidelines, I don't see a problem with mixing ingredients that are allowed.

For the first month or two, grilled chicken was fine...but after a while, I need some changes in my diet. It's simply too hard to eat the exact same thing, night after night.
Start Date: 3/6/06

390/280/185

- Manly McMuscles
ascicles
Preferred Member - #110 Club
Preferred Member - #110 Club

Postby ChattieCathy57 » June 22nd, 2006, 4:15 pm

We went out to dinner one evening and I had the surf & turf.
I ate the veggies (no butter), the lobster tail (again - no butter) and I had less than 1/2 the fillet mignon (which was an approx 8oz piece) :-P

... I get to eat the GOOD STUFF ... and my husband gets to not only eat his ~ but my leftovers too! ;)

I usually don't mix things, but will on a special occasion (and I try to stay completely OP) Oh! ~ except the WINE I had the other weekend (no one will let me forget that no-no) :shock:

Cathy :heart:

Start date: 3/26/06
Height: 5'6"

... a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips!
ChattieCathy57
Trusted Member - #10 Club

Return to Lean Cuisine