The PATH to 9/11

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

The PATH to 9/11

Postby SharonR » September 11th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Anyone watch or watching this?

Very interesting stuff...

And of course I have to say I love the NO COMMERCIALS!
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Start Weight 326.7 ~ My short term goal will put me at 250!

Started June 19th 2008. First Mini Goal 76.7 pounds.
SharonR
Preferred member

Postby Mike » September 12th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Not watching.... I read all of the hype regarding the show and decided against watching.
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby supermom » September 12th, 2006, 2:16 pm

I watched it. It was interesting, but I have really mixed feelings. It really saddened my heart, though. And made me proud of those who sacrificed all over again. My heart and thanks go out to all their families.
supermom
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby SharonR » September 12th, 2006, 3:08 pm

well I didn't know anything about it and just started to watch it. 5 hours with no comm, pretty impressive. I thought it was really well done and very interesting. I always knew that the goverment had to know something was going on. If we would have put all the clues together we should have known we were going to be hit hard.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » September 12th, 2006, 5:36 pm

i avoided everything to do with 9/11.
i was working at a cable company at the time and was stuck watching everything from 5am-6pm our time. so, yeah, we HAD to see it all. every jump, every person piled under rubble. and the stuff that was broadcast live and then tactfully never shown again... well, i can recall all of it.
i freaking hate that the biggest issues are ignored, and the whole thing makes me very angry.... but i would give anything to have been looking the other way when the lady in the red dressed put her arms around the man in the tan suit and stepped into nothing. i dream about them often still, and i kills me to know that the last moments of their lives were filled with terror and pain.
and i think, in many ways, the media still exploits this. the answers we really want will only be found through the right questions, and no one has any intention to dig that hard.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby SharonR » September 12th, 2006, 5:44 pm

that's the thing, it wasn't about 9/11. it was about the path LEADING to it. There was about 20 min. of actual time coverage of the event. The rest of it was very interesting, but if ya didn't see it, you can't explain 5 hours in a thread nor would I even attemp to.

SharonR
Preferred member

Postby alpha femme » September 12th, 2006, 6:22 pm

i guess what i meant is most of the info we're fed is crap, and that will not change in our lifetime.

we want answers that the government will not give-- because anarchy would be a real possibility. the realities of what happened are used to pull at us and create a desire for answers, then we are baited with "answers" that coincide with no important questions. the agony of 9/11 will be used to manipulate people for years, and the reality of the "path" to it will never become fully clear. same stuff, rehashed.
alpha femme
Preferred member

Postby Elke » September 12th, 2006, 8:27 pm

I think if we honestly thought this would never happen to the USA then we are as dumb as most countried think we are. I am sure the gov knew we were gonna get hit....who didn't? We are just a country, we jave no protector sheild around us. I hate to put it that way but really...did we not know this COULD happen. I'm hate more than anything that it did, please don't get me wrong but we know that we as the USA are probablly the most hated country out there.
I am gonna stop now cause I think I am typing out on line here. I could go on and on but its all just my opinion.
Alpha...I am sorry you had to see all those terrible things.
Elke
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby DogMa » September 12th, 2006, 9:23 pm

Of course, huge parts of the movie/miniseries are completely false, according to everyone on the 9/11 Commission except the one guy involved in the show. I didn't watch for that reason.

Plus with my job, I've also had more than my fill of 9-11 stuff. Photos and stories that were too horrific to run in a family newspaper, plus every story about the commission and its work.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to What's Shakin'