The Medifits

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

The Medifits

Postby smartiegrrl » September 26th, 2004, 12:37 am

Ok I'm not very punny but I just wanted to add some thoughts, now that I'm at about 7 weeks of MFing.

1. My skin has never been so clear. Even the little bumps on my arms are gone. Even today, with the impending visit from Aunt Flo, my skin is clear. Amazing.

2. Energy. I just feel like I have so much more energy than I used to. Usually I get a little anemic before Aunt Flo - but no more it seems.

3. My hair and nails are growing like crazy. My hairdresser, two weeks ago, yelled at me for going too long between haircuts, when I pointed out to her that I had been there only 5 weeks eariler. It looked like at least 2 months of growth!

Its become quite clear to me that I've never ate such a balanced diet - ever. The only problem is that because pretty much all food has been cut out, it makes it hard for me to tell which foods are the offenders that clog my pores. ;) It makes me want to stay on MF forevah. :D

So what else have you guys noticed? Anything similar? :D

sg
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby DutchChoc » September 26th, 2004, 6:12 am

Yup, thanks for posting such positive observations, smartiegirl. I have noticed the same thing here after 10 weeks. A week or two ago, my fingernails were in perfect shape for a rare showing -- had "some" trouble since then and they're not quite there, but they're still stronger than usual.

Also, my mood is generally good, I'm not perplexed with bs about food, I think more clearly, I'm more organized, I'm not procrastinating to my usual degree, I'm not the least bit depressed, and the list goes on and on. My face isn't bloated -- that's another. I believe I really do look younger than in a long while.

I agree that I, also, am not ordinarily on a healthy diet, left to my own devices. Maybe I'll figure out how to do that in the future, or maybe I'll continue using some of these products to perpetuate the wonderful (and cosmetic!!) effects.

Drink up from the "fountain of youth" and vitality.
Ending weight MF 10/2004: 126
Starting weight 12/1/08: 168 :-(
Loss December: -7/-0
DutchChoc
Preferred member

Postby hawaiiwhatnot » September 26th, 2004, 11:47 am

Ditto to all that smartiegirl! And "medifits" - thanks for the laugh!
My girlfriends have started drinking more water after admiring my skin.

I've also been inflicted with this passion for doing the projects I've been putting off forever! My life has turned into an episode of This Old House. I finished refurbishing the bathroom -painting, recaulking, redoing the cabinets finish. Now I'm refinishing the wood finish on all the interior doors! Then it's on to the kitchen cabinets. Yes, it would be great for me to be on MF forever! Instead of a food junkie, I'm turning into a hardware store junkie! :scratch:

Camille
Jun 1, 2004 Start Date 5' 6" 195 lbs
Jun lost 20#=175#
Jul lost 14#=161#
Aug lost 7#=154#
Sep lost 13#=141#
Oct lost 12#=129#
Nov lost 4#=125#
70 lbs in 5 1/2 mos!
Hello Victoria's Secret! I did it! July 2005 still 125 lbs!
hawaiiwhatnot
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Postby Carrie » September 27th, 2004, 5:38 am

I've had similar experiences.

I definitely have more energy and just plain feel better. My body is much more stable, not going through the highs and lows of sugar binges.

My mood is also better, and more even. Mood swings have definitely lessened.

I go through periods where I don't need as much sleep, and this kinda drives me crazy - I'm in one right now, can't sleep more than a few hours a night. It's obviously all my body thinks it needs, but I feel a little muzzy-headed over it.

As with anything, I think it all goes in cycles. Still, overwhelmingly, I feel *MUCH* better when I'm on this program,

Carrie
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie

Postby RavenKat » September 27th, 2004, 12:26 pm

My skin cleared up. My energy level sky rocketed. My mood elevated.

My tolerance to things I haven't consumed for a while is VERY low. Last week I was on a coffee binge. I literally didn't sleep for more than a couple of hours a night. The next day I'd feel exhausted and, shock, have more coffee! What an idiot! The caffeine not only kept me awake and made the coming down that much worse, it got me craving (and eating) all kinds of CRAP! SO, I spent this last weekend sleeping it off. I had a major headache and was kinda depressed, but I am grateful to have made it through that addiction after a few days.

Oh, and I have developed a rash on my face! I guess it's the medifast although I wonder - I have been consuming it for 5 months (off and on - to be honest) and doubt I would get a reaction after all that time. I got some benadryl and hopefully that will clear it up.

ANy way - Medifast makes me feel clean, clear and thin. I love it.

Kat
259/180/165
RavenKat
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby smartiegrrl » September 27th, 2004, 12:54 pm

Oh yeah - I've also notice - and my husband noticed as well - that I'm not cranky in the morning. I used to be SO cranky. Like leave me alone if you want to keep your life kind of cranky. I'm usually up before him, mainly because I have to go potty. Hehehe. Yay water.

I've also found myself doing housework. I seem to have lost some apathy towards it. Its like I *want* to get stuff done. So strange. What is this stuff doing to my brain?? :boing: :D
~sg

(6/26/06) 230/225/130
smartiegrrl
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby explorthis » September 27th, 2004, 1:13 pm

not cranky in the morning.
I used to be SO cranky.
Like leave me alone
found myself doing housework
lost some apathy towards it.
I want to get stuff done.
What is this stuff doing to my brain??

Hmmm… Feeling a new Medifast marketing ploy here… I wonder, just wonder…. Hmmm…
Was 337/223 is goal (about 40 to go)
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby SusannaRosannaDanna » September 29th, 2004, 3:07 pm

My skin has cleared up also, though I only had serious complexion problems about one week out of the month--my skin just FEELS better--smoother, clearer, BETTER.

I was always pretty energetic, so i haven't noted any dramatic increases in that department, but I no longer worry about my old nemesis Mr. Heartburn creeping up on me at night.

Overall I just feel better--proactive, accomplished, HAPPY!

Susanna
Started 8/2/2004
297/234/140
Next goal: 220!

Wow. That's all I know to say.
SusannaRosannaDanna
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Lois » September 30th, 2004, 5:58 am

Clear healthy skin and nails....plenty of energy....and BEST OF ALL I LIKE MYSELF and the way I look!!!!!!!!! 8)

Thank God for Medifast, this forum, and all of YOU :heart: :heart: :heart:

hugs,

Lois
Lois

Return to Weight Loss