The first day is (almost) done!

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

The first day is (almost) done!

Postby funmom » March 13th, 2004, 10:15 pm

Hi All!

Whew! My first day is almost done! I'm feeling :x cranky! I'm glad I found this website...as I think it will really help me! (I'm embarassed to say I ordered Medifast from another site, but next time it will be from here. :oops: )

I'm a single mom of a 3 and a 5 year old. (I never noticed how much the snack and eat...until today! :lol: ) I work a full time+ job and went back last semester to get my Ph.D.

Today has been tough. I'm hoping (and praying) that it is true that it will get easier. I want this to work...I want to wear those cute clothes this summer. Only 83 pounds more! (Wow that's about the combined weight of my boys...I can't imagine carrying both of them around all day everyday. I guess, however, I already do!)

Lookin' forward to being a loser!

Kristin
funmom

Postby shineface » March 14th, 2004, 5:43 am

Hi Kristin!!! :wave:

Welcome aboard --this is the only website or forum you will ever need to succeed at MF!

It sounds like you've gotta lot on your plate (no pun intended- maybe) -- BUT as you will soon see, you are not alone -ever! ;)

This place is great :!: and I come here often for information, care and support - everyone here is awesome! :heart:

Read the old posts - LOTS of good stuff there... ask any question on your mind and JUST keep shakin' :cleader: , slurpin' :toast: and Postin'. :puter: .. and very important - don't forget your water!!! :water:

Glad YOU are HERE!!!!

WE WILL do this together!!! :stroll:
Pam -"I AM the ME in MEdifast"
Start = 1/24/04 70 down 60 up
5/1/05=279.6
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. - Unknown
shineface
Preferred Member - #20 Club

Postby Landylue » March 14th, 2004, 5:57 am

Welcome aboard, Kristen! Everyone here knows exactly what you are going through. Those first three days are, indeed, a bit rough, but the weight that is going to melt off of you on a DAILY basis that first week MORE than makes up for it. Hang in there. As shineface says, we WILL do this together!

Are you doing the complete fast, Kristen? If so, just remember not to take that first bite. Just don't do it! Failure is not an option!

Those 83 lbs will disappear a lot faster than you believe possible. You'll see.

Best of luck!

Landylue
Failure is NOT an option!
Landylue
Preferred Member - #40 Club

Postby moutoncove » March 15th, 2004, 7:15 am

Welcome Kristen,

Glad you found us. Sounds like you have a hectic schedule which makes Medifast so appealing. It's so simple to do. Takes no time at all to just mix and shake and drink - that's what I love about it - if fits into anyones schedule - there's not much planning and preparing.

It'll get easier - just hang in there and keep reading this forum for encouragement and support. We have BIG LOSERS here.

YOU can do it.

Brenda
moutoncove
Regular Member - #40 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 15th, 2004, 8:39 am

Hi Kristin and welcome to the forum,

Kristin wrote:(I'm embarassed to say I ordered Medifast from another site, but next time it will be from here. )

No need to be embarassed. This forum is for everyone. I do have to say if you ordered with another health advisor, you should continue ordering with them. If you happened to order with the main Medifast site, or just through TSFL without a health advisor, we'd be pleased to be your health advisor.

So how's things going? Is Mr. Cranky still around? I'm sure you noticed that mild headaches, hunger, and a little crankiness are common the first few days. Hang in there and get through that first stage and you'll be on your way to ThinVille.

Let us know how you're doing.
Happy Shakin',
:cheers:
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby TamiL » March 15th, 2004, 9:07 am

Hi Kristin, welcome aboard!! our train to thinville!! we have all been through those cranky days...the beginning is the hardest..I had a struggle for a few weeks actually...but now, its like I have to remind myself to have a shake sometimes...cuz my appetite is GONE!!

I have a crazy job with a crazy schedule...and let me tell ya...THE RTD shakes are a lifesaver for me!! if you get a few cases of those..and keep them handy...you will be all set!! I love the chocholate ones...the vanilla ones are good too...sometimes I even have to drink mine warm...cuz I keep one in my coat incase I dont get back to grab one on runs...and even if they are not CHILLED..they are still good!!

I have to say that this program and this forum has changed my life...I come here often..to post and to read other's posts...I find that every time I read the posts..I laugh..I smile..sometimes I cry...and most important I RELATE to what others are going thru and have felt and are feeling!! its great to have this support and know that I have other fellow SHAKERS out there..doing this with me!!

so welcome aboard!! we are all here cheering you on!!! :)
Tami
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Carrie » March 16th, 2004, 2:30 pm

Hang in there Kristen, it gets much better after the first 2-3 days
Now: 2/5/07: 233.6/220.0/145
1st time: 3/1/04, from 266.5 to 195.4
Carrie
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to Come on in.