The doorbell just rang

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

The doorbell just rang

Postby finalstraw » January 16th, 2004, 9:23 am

I was sitting here balancing my checkbook when the door bell rang. After the post from Sher about fedex not leaving a package, I ran to the door and now I have these two brown boxes staring at me. The lable on the boxes read Medifast.

For all the mental preparation, now that the shipment has arrived I still find that I am nervous to start. Why is this? I don't think I am nervous about losing weight, maybe I am nervous about failing.

Well, I can use any suggestions, comments and weightloss stories you have right now. I am not going to start until Sunday, my family is coming from out of town tomorrow and we already have a big luncheon planned, and leaves me feeling guilty for ordering the shakes, then post poning the diet. :x

Thats all, I will probably sit and stare at the boxes for the rest of the day. :?
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » January 16th, 2004, 9:31 am

You're doing just fine. This is a big step, and you'll be ready when you're ready. If you're not ready, don't start. When you're ready, start and don't look back.

Dig out your quick-start handbook and look it over. If you have a bookstore handy, take a look for "Success in a Shaker Jar" by Linda Spangle. You can also purchase it through TSFL or check on Amazon.com.
Another great book by her is "Life is Hard, Food is Easy".

All the best,
Unca
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby Jeanette » January 16th, 2004, 10:42 am

Tim is right. Use the next couple of days for more mental preparation and then when Sunday comes, you will be more than ready!

And remember, we are all here for you!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby finalstraw » January 17th, 2004, 1:58 pm

After a day with family, I am ready. I am by far the largest person in my family and today I decided 'I am ready'. The nervousness is gone, looking forward to tomorrow.

Thanks for the support. :D
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Postby sher » January 18th, 2004, 9:24 pm

MENTALY PREPARED....OH BOY IS THAT THE ANSWER !!! Took me time too hon, this is SOOOO new, and all of us here have had this most of our lives...and are SICK AND TIRED OF FAILING...Think of all the money we have spent...but THIS way I think will bring us peace...why????? BECAUSE FROM WHAT I HAVE READ HERE, IT NOT ONLY WORKS, BUT ITS FAST....every fat persons dream, if you will exuse my words...so you take all the time you need....it is SOOO important to be mentally prepared...like when I quit smoking, failed 3 times because I was doing it for SOMEONE ELSE...THIS time I am doing this for ME ME ME !!!! selfish??? dang right it is....but we can do this together....and read theses posts...it will help you get motivated...THIS is why I wish we had a chat room.....to talk now, and get a response NOW....luv ya, and you can and will succeed, I see it in my crystal ball... :-P
Sher
sher
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby finalstraw » January 19th, 2004, 8:47 am

I made it through the first day, today is day two. I really didn't mind the shakes and was not too hungry. However, today I have one whopper of a headache. My daughter is doing the modified (I am on full fast) and my husband tries not to eat in front of me. If I don't go near a restuarant I will be ok. :D
Stephanie

Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw

Postby Jeanette » January 19th, 2004, 9:18 am

You are doing great! Take it one hour at a time!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Weight Loss