The Big FIVE-OH!!!!!!

Post your weight loss successes or failures here...:)

Wow

Postby HD » February 5th, 2004, 4:18 pm

Jeanette
I am so proud of you, this is the best news I've had all day! You just gave me that extra ump I was looking for. I'm only at 10 gone but let me tell you, after I saw your post I was ready to run around the block :yippee:
Now I can't wait until sunday for weigh in :lol:
:cheers:
Congrats, congrats, congrats :yes:
Jackie (HD)

01/24/2004
193/151/124
HD
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Postby susan » February 5th, 2004, 5:31 pm

congratlations Jeanette,
I have 6# to go to get to the 50# I wish I could lose as fast as you do .I don;t know what I am doing wrong .I drink 4 shakes a day and have a piece of chicken and a salad at noon .do you have any suggestions ? 3 months and 1 week and 44# It seams like I hardly ever drop more than 2# a week once in a while 3# It makes me :x :x that is all I am doing but I keep telling mtself thats it is better than gaining of course I am older than you are do you think age is a factor? sometimes I really get discouraged when I see how wellyou and others are doing but I am happy for you all .Sorry I complained but just needed to tell some one how flustrated I get some times.
susan
susan
Preferred Member - #50 Club

enough?

Postby TamiL » February 5th, 2004, 5:57 pm

I am a newbee still..so forgive me if IM jumpin ahead of myself..but susan did you say that you were having 4 shakes a day then one meal at lunch? arent you missing a meal someplace? if your doing the modified fast..you should be having 5/1 right? 5 supplements (3 shakes min) and then a meal? :?:

I am no pro at this by far..but im a forum junkie..and have read so many times ..that if you skip a meal...your loss will most likley slow down or you wont loose as fast as if you do the plan the way they are written!! ;)

just a suggestion..maybe you could squeeze in another shake...or supplement? everyone on here looses differently. some faster than others..but any way you look at it..its still faster than any other program out there!! keep up the good work!!
keep on shakin
Tam :)
ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE IF YOU BELEIVE!!!

Medifast RESTART 13 March 09
150/my goal weight is 130
TamiL
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 5th, 2004, 7:15 pm

Thanks for all the good wishes!

Susan: If you do not do all of your shakes a day, it will actually slow your weight loss down!! Also, are you drinking all of your water? That is very important!

Stay with the program--it does work!!
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Postby Marci » February 5th, 2004, 8:34 pm

Congrats Jeanette! I wish that I had had a chance to sign on before now! I've had a very stressful day at work and got about 2 shakes in the whole day!!! Just ate a can of soup so tomorrow will be back at day one again :(

Good job girl! I'm so very proud of you!
Marci :D

Height 5' 7"
232/220/150ish
started 1/14/2004

The cutie in the picture with me is my nephew Ky
Marci
Regular Member - #10 Club

Postby Maggie » February 5th, 2004, 9:55 pm

I have to jump in here. Under FAQ from the home page each Medifast plan is explained. For the Full plan 5 - 6 supplements a day. Under the Modified plan 4-5 supplements a day + 1 meal. I know everyone says the 5+1 plan but you can use 4 or 5 supplements. I have never had more than 4 on any day that I was doing modified. I have 3 shakes and 1 soup or bar plus one meal. This is my 10th week-total lost as of last Sunday 46 lbs. Everyone loses differently but Susan is correct if she wants to use only 4 shakes + 1 meal. Maggie
Maggie

Postby Starloser63 » February 6th, 2004, 6:46 am

Maggie your right Medifast changed their modified plan to the 5 and 1 plan at the first of the year. On another board there is a lady who has been doing the modified plan since she started which was the 4-5 supps plus a meal and she tried to increase but said thought the extra shake actually slowed down her weight loss. She tried for the entire month of Jan. and is now back to doing just 4 supplements and the meal.
Through Christ all things all possible.
Susan F
246/216/150
3/23/04 2nd x
First Goal 199
Starloser63
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby finalstraw » February 6th, 2004, 8:08 am

Maggie,

Great Weight Loss, you numbers are outstanding! 46 lbs in 10 weeks, WOW. :o
Stephanie

Rom 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:

1st goal - 199 (I will change when I have met it)
Started 1/18/04 at 284
Currently 251.9
finalstraw
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby Jeanette » February 6th, 2004, 8:13 am

I ditto that--Maggie you are doing so well! You need an update picture!
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Jeanette and maggie congradulations

Postby susan » February 6th, 2004, 8:16 am

Jeanetteand maggie ,
I also am following 6 more # and I will hit the 50# mark. altho it has took me alittle longer I have been 3 months and one week losing 44# but it is slow for me .I get so :x :x that I don't lose more than 2# a week most of the time once in a while I drop 3# but ever one tells me I look like I have lost alot more than that but the scales don;t show it I really get diiscouraged some times .I drink 4 shakes a day and eat a piece of chicken and a salad everday at noon .Hope to start doing better cause I thought I was suppose to lose 3 to 5 pounds a week and I don;t . I don;t know why . because I really try and I walk the tread mill I just do not get the results some of you do.
Susan
susan

Postby elle4nelly » February 6th, 2004, 9:20 am

Susan:

Hi!

don't get discouraged! Not everyone looses fast. Also if you are taking in only 4 shakes and a meal + exercising, your body defense system might be kicking in to prevent starvation. But if you persist..IT WILL GIVE UP and your weight loss will be easier. When I did Atkins....I lost initially a lot of weight and then hit the plateau that wouldn't end....3 months the scale wouldn't bulge!! like my body was saying Oh no lady...we are not going anywhere with your 20 grams of carbs. I ended increasing it one day and the weigh loss resumed. Only by then I was sick of eating greasy meals with no fruits!!!!!!!!! Yaaakkk! Medifast is far better and healthier!!! Keep going...don't even worry about the scale!

Your Shakin friend!

Nelly :toast:
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby Jeanette » February 6th, 2004, 11:11 am

Susan:

Didn't I read somewhere that you were in your 60's? A 60 year old losing 2 lbs a week healthily is a GOOD rate!

I think you are doing great. Stay consistent and persistent and you will reach your goal!
(340) 325/300/180
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette

Postby elle4nelly » February 6th, 2004, 1:39 pm

By the way Janet, Koodos to you! Can't wait to be where you are right now. And knowing how much dedication this or any diet requires, You did Awesome!!

:cleader:

Nelly
Final Restart on Dec 18th
elle4nelly
Preferred member

Postby susan » February 6th, 2004, 2:45 pm

Thanks alot Jeanette and nelly,
yes you did see where I was 64 years old or young no one believes I am that old but I am .I will keep working at it anyway .We have a permenant camp space at Boggs lake and we will be camping alot and I am really looking forward to it. I feel better than I have in years since I have been on medifast and I really get around great looking forward to working in flower garden and fishing and all the fun stuff .we are both retired and pretty well do what we want when we want so I really want to lose all this blubber. I don;t want wt. to hold me back.
Susan :)
susan

Previous

Return to The Weight Room