THANK YOU..........

Introduce yourself to the forum.
(Guests Welcome)

Postby WillDoIt » May 29th, 2006, 1:17 pm

Vicky - I second your post. My husband and I were talking earlier today that we believe there are a lot of people in this country who have no idea why we have Memorial Day or its meaning. It is just a day off work for them.
WillDoIt

Postby Arklahoma » May 29th, 2006, 2:14 pm

Happy Memorial Day to everyone!!!
Arklahoma
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 30th, 2006, 11:45 pm

Happy belated Memorial Day to everyone and thanks for bringing up this thread...Thank you to all the brave men and women who fight or have fought for this country and freedom all over the world! An also thank you to the families of these heroes that keep the world turning while these brave men and women fight and serve!

SINCERE THANK YOU!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby sheila » May 31st, 2006, 12:10 am

From the wife of a US MARINE, thanks, DeDE. You are such a thoughtful person. I am so lucky that my husband is here with me right now, and not off at war again. He was in Iraq for 6 months, and Afghanistan for 6 months. It is very hard to see him go when he has to go. :cry:
sheila
sheila
Preferred Member - #10 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » May 31st, 2006, 12:14 am

I'm a Marine Attack pilot's daughter (retired). I just sometimes think people forget what the people at home do "for the cause". Just because families don't have their boots on, they're in the trenches too!

Sheila, You da man too!

DeDe
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby emarooster » May 31st, 2006, 1:48 am

I'm also a USMC Brat. I saw my father go to Vietnam twice when I was a little girl. Thankfully he came back in one piece. He still remembers his fallen friends and wonders, this many years later, why he came home and so many didn't. My husband is an Army Vet and so was his father. My son was shocked to find out that most people aren't veterans. Our family just has more than it's share. It's that family history that makes us very grateful for each new generation of young fighting men and women who choose to serve their country and families who have get by while they are gone.
Our family motto: "We Put the FUN in Disfunctional!"
emarooster
Trusted Member - #20 Club

Return to Come on in.