TexasSara

1 Thread per registered User.

TexasSara

Postby TexasSara » June 13th, 2006, 11:00 am

How it's happened, I'll never know. In the past 5 years, I've tried innumerous times to begin MF and have success. FINALLY the magic is happening again for me. I feel the resolve within me. It's been 7 days today and I've lost 9 pounds. It feels like even more.

I cannot wait to feel great again. I forget what it feels like to feel like me, but I know it's way different than this. I also know that I like it a lot--that's why I've longed for it.

I read about others eating other things--chicken and salads. I'm tempted to do the same, but I just know that the second I do I'll go nuts. I'll rationalize about eating more or something different. I just cannot go there. Last night, I did eat a sugar free jello cup, but I didn't want another one. I felt okay about eating that. Surely it won't do anything to slow my weightloss. I just want to do this with great intensity, come out of my cocoon and fly.

Right now, co-worker's lunches have been delivered to their desks. The smell!! It is almost as good as eating the french fries! I mentally play that game with myself. The odor smells so closely to the taste that I tell myself it's just as good. Crazy? Perhaps, but it works for me. I only wish the smell of a martini would give me the same lovely feeling. :lol:

:) Sara
TexasSara

Postby Tiolazz » June 13th, 2006, 3:21 pm

Sara,

I am with you on the martini front, if only smelling the drink could make me feel as good, but not as stupid as I am after I drink it......

Terri
Tiolazz
Preferred Member - #30 Club

Postby TexasSara » June 14th, 2006, 10:35 am

Hey, if the smell could give me the feeling, I'd take the stupid along with it! :coolnana:

I ate a small salad last night. I was just so hungry all day! I got home and felt as if I were cheating, but it really was only lettuce and a fat free vinagrette. Will that take me out of ketosis? Gee, I hope not! It bugged me all evening. I thought that I was going to wake up this morning and want a big ol' breakfast, but I didn't! I went right to my shakes this morning. Yea me!!! I am going to do this! I am going to be the real me again!!

Gotta run and drink water, then RR break, then water, then RR break...that's pretty much my day now.

Sara
TexasSara

Postby DogMa » June 14th, 2006, 11:01 am

Depends on whether there was sugar in the dressing. If not, it's OK. But if you're starving, it's generally better to have an extra Medifast meal than something off plan, even if it IS only salad. That way you're maintaining balance plus getting all the extra vitamins and nutrients.

Or there are other allowed snacks, too, of course. Celery, pickles, bouillon, Jell-O.
Robin

203/130/130
Reached goal in August 2006
Added BodyBugg in May 2009
New ticker: 136.6/123.2/130
DogMa
Preferred Member - 70# Club

Return to My Journal