Tanning

Give us the skinny in the losers lounge.
(Anything off topic)

Postby Mike » March 24th, 2008, 12:08 pm

ChynnaDoll wrote:LOL! i don't go tanning at all :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
Chynna

Really?? :shock: You mean its natural? :lol:

And, not to add to drama, but rather to make a point:
Don't rely on us!

Aren't we here for our support and opinions?

;)
Pre WLS 460
Low after WLS 300
Start of MF 350
Previous MF low 280
Restart MF 330

I have to be careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.
Mike
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Unca_Tim » March 25th, 2008, 5:10 pm

GucciGoo wrote:I am just walking away now before the absolutely unnecessary drama unfolds.

You're absolutely right GG,
Differences of opinions don't need to be dramatic.

If we all had the same opinions and information, there would be no need for this forum.
Unca
"Failure is a choice"
~From a dream~
Unca_Tim
Site Admin

Postby siglamb962 » March 26th, 2008, 6:16 pm

So back to the tanning thing. My sister gets them every two weeks (she has that kind of money, ya know). My mother does it once a month. I have never done it, but judging by their results, it can work.

They don't get orange, and they both say it takes a few times to look good. They say do it naked because it stains.
I am worth it!!!!!
siglamb962
Regular Member - #20 Club

Hi

Postby dede4wd » March 27th, 2008, 2:20 pm

Hi,
Last year I was in a wedding and bridezilla demanded I get a tan AND straighten my hair (in Austin in Summer...yeah, I looked like Rosanna Rosanna Danna!).

Anyway, I went and got me a mystic tan. I picked the lighter one. I got sprayed by a machine, no people in the room. I had put lotion on the places I didn't want the tan to stick to.

I got warning that I had to rub it all in well and that the tan would bloom over the next few hours.

I messed something up. I didn't rub in/wipe off around my feet quick enough...I ended up with rings around my feet! It was my own fault, I was so worried about rubbing in everything else, I had orange rings completely around my feet (not real attractive in sparkley sandals!)

I scrubbed with exfoliator for 2 days and fixed the feet and was in the wedding...

I was happy with the color at the wedding...I wasn't too orangey and it was definitely better than my previous 1/2 white, 1/2 farmer tan look! Not completely natural-looking, but not "oh my gosh what has she done to herself" either!
dede4wd
Preferred Member - #50 Club

Postby Slimmin' » May 27th, 2008, 11:48 am

I did the mystic tan thing too last summer. I also did the lightest one (I'm pretty fair). I was fairly happy with the results although it wasn't perfect. I think if I had been willing to stick with it and do the lightest tan once every week to ten days it might have been even better, but there were many other things more important to me than that. I say try it....if you hate it then you'll know!

As for tanning beds, everything I have read is there is really no safe way to do them, or safe tanning bed. They still give you a dose of rays anyway you slice it. I think you just have to decide what risk you are willing to take to look how you want to look. We all take risks....I drive a convertible and love it! That is a risk some in my family are TOTALLY against and not willing to take but it works for me. Enjoy life!
Slimmin'
Trusted Member - #40 Club

Previous

Return to What's Shakin'