A Sweet Observation.....

Questions/Comments about Weight loss Products.

A Sweet Observation.....

Postby explorthis » January 13th, 2004, 9:24 am

I work in a very CALORIE rich environment. My employer hosts many, many functions at work where candy, goodies, sweets, and lunches are flowing like tap water. I always loved these days (at least 3 a week, sometimes 4) where goodies were plentiful. Not only as a FAT guy, but as a buyer, knowing I was getting a deal on FREE food. I was always fearful when I began Medifast that these items would be gone once I reached an acceptable weight loss. I was wrong. I just returned from the bathroom (you don’t need details of my constant PEEING) easily finding my way back to my office from the path in the carpet that I have worn from so many to and from trips. Anyway, while walking back I counted: in the break room: 4 large packs (12 each) of muffins – you know the Banana Nut, Glazed Chocolate Chip ones etc. 2 cello packages of croissants, and about 20 bagels, with 4 or so tubs of cream cheese just waiting for an unsuspecting hip to pass by. After I passed the break room, I saw on a file cabinet, an opened box of See’s candy, and a large metal tin of Kirkland assorted cookies, all calling out for help to be consumed.

Reason for this post is, all these items are still here. Still available. Still plentiful. I was wrong in my assumption that all these “Fat Tablets” would be gone. They are still there today, yesterday, and I am 100% sure tomorrow. These items actually make me stronger now. In the past, I would have easily grabbed 1-2 muffins, hungry or not, and felt the need to sneak a piece or 5 of the candy. NO MORE. I like to see these items, knowing I can resist the temptation with no fear of “missing out”. I actually like to walk by and look in detail at what is available, not because I want to see other people feel the pain that I have felt, but because I am strong now. I am STRONG. I like what I have done. I like the feeling of the loss. I like to walk by and know resisting not only makes me stronger mentally, but that I will not ever be in this boat again (and it was a big boat) I see the progress, I see the loss, I feel the joy. I know resisting these items has contributed to my rapid success of losing the unwanted weight. I know that if I succumb to just one fat tablet, it could open the door to more and more, and in no time I could be back to the old way of life. NO MORE do I fear these things, but use them as tools for my strength of resistance.

Be strong. Know if you are, it will help you in other choices in your desire to be thin.

-Mike
explorthis
Preferred Member - #100 Club
Preferred Member - #100 Club

Postby Jeanette » January 13th, 2004, 12:17 pm

Mike:

As usual, very straight to the heart, and very inspirational.

Unca Tim, I think we need a "Mike's Words of Wisdom" section on the board!!! Or maybe Mike should write a "Daily Inspiration" for us.

What do you think? (I'm only half joking!)
Jeanette :star:
(340) 325/300/180
"Discipline is simply choosing between what you want now and what you want the most."--Unknown
PROGRESS, not PERFECTION
Jeanette
Preferred Member - 60# Club

Return to Weight Loss